LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: ...next question...  (Read 4657 times)

January 29, 2009, 11:02:35 PM
Read 4657 times

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
...next question...
« on: January 29, 2009, 11:02:35 PM »
Hi guys...

imagine I play Mumak Commander GATS with pavise... so I may exert a companion twice two times, right?

so, there is a companion with a vitality of 4. I exert GATS twice to exert that companion twice; so there is a vitlity of 2 left, right?

without mentioning any other reason I want to exert exact this person another time with GATS.

So there is my question: may I exert GATS twice to exert that companion at least once? twice is not possible as he has got only 2 vitality left? so, may I exhaust him with that?
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

January 29, 2009, 11:04:07 PM
Reply #1

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
Re: ...next question...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 11:04:07 PM »
and another question: if I play precision targeting two times - how much companions may be chosen and how does this whole thing work in the archery phase?
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

January 29, 2009, 11:57:25 PM
Reply #2

Elessar's Socks

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • "I see...I look foul and feel foul. Is that it?"
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 11:57:25 PM »
imagine I play Mumak Commander GATS with pavise... so I may exert a companion twice two times, right?
Yes.

without mentioning any other reason I want to exert exact this person another time with GATS.

So there is my question: may I exert GATS twice to exert that companion at least once?
Yes. You complete as much of the effects as you can, so the companion exerts once.

and another question: if I play precision targeting two times - how much companions may be chosen and how does this whole thing work in the archery phase?
The FP player can choose any 3 companions each time. Precision Targeting doesn't prevent a companion previously chosen from being chosen again. But it'll probably be to the FP player's advantage to choose a different three, so everyone cannot take archery wounds.

January 30, 2009, 01:00:50 AM
Reply #3

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 01:00:50 AM »
Yeah, don't do that. Playing 2 Precision Targeting in the same phase is not a good plan! :P

Thranduil

January 30, 2009, 01:02:10 AM
Reply #4

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 01:02:10 AM »
many thanks... this was always so confusing to me... ;-)

January 30, 2009, 02:31:39 AM
Reply #5

leokula

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 02:31:39 AM »
Hmmm... I'd say one Precision Targeting overrides the other.

It clearly states "Other companions cannot take archery wounds.". You play the first one, the FP player choses 3 guys and the others can't take wounds; when you play the second and he choses some other guys, or even the same, the others can't take archery wounds, even if they were chosen before, 'cause the card says they can't.

January 30, 2009, 03:13:22 AM
Reply #6

Elessar's Socks

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • "I see...I look foul and feel foul. Is that it?"
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 03:13:22 AM »
Wait, are you agreeing with us? I like your explanation. Those that can't take wounds after the first, still can't take wounds after the second--which means the second did not override the first (maybe overlap?). Although to be honest, trying to reverse-think everything is doing a number on my head.

January 30, 2009, 03:19:55 AM
Reply #7

leokula

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 03:19:55 AM »
Hmmm #$&*@!, on a second thought, u guys are totally right, cause the card doesn't say the three chosen guys can take wounds, it just says the others can't!

D'OH!

Ignore my last post, ur right!