LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Card Exchange Support  (Read 4680 times)

January 04, 2010, 12:48:38 PM
Read 4680 times

Sete

• Information Offline
  • Scout
  • Elessar
Card Exchange Support
« on: January 04, 2010, 12:48:38 PM »
http://www.cardexchange.com/

Card Exchange is an Holland based online shop that will support TLHH from now on. After some conversations, we assumed that having some advertising of the store in our games and magazines, as well as having our logo and forum link in their shop would be good for both sides.

I'm very proud to say that this may very well be the first of many LOTR:Tcg card selling shops supporting us! As soon as my exams end (starting in February) I'll contact a lot more retailers, and so on, as well as starting and releasing the magazine itself...!

For all European players, this is a great place to make some buyings. I will eventually speak with CardExchange.com and all other future interested shops about having special prices for our community members.

Hope this symbolic gesture is welcome from all of you...

Cheers!

Sete "7". 

January 04, 2010, 01:13:01 PM
Reply #1

chompers

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
Re: Card Exchange Support
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 01:13:01 PM »
That's great Sete!

You gave me another idea for promoting TLHH/GCCG and the proposed PC. I found out my local hobby store has a website, and then that they are actually multiple stores and a forum. It's mostly dedicated to MTG, but i posted a message there - hopefully in generates some Aussie interest.

My message if interest (BTW - feel free to copy (or modify) my message to any other boards to promote LOTR if you can think of somewhere to put it).

I was wondering if anyone plays Lord of the Ring TCG anymore? If you do, or used to, or like the movies and would like to try the game there is a growing community supported over at The Last Homely House (www.lotrtcgwiki.com)

We are in the process of attempting to set up a players committee to support the game and get people playing it again (similar to what Star Wars and Star Trek do to support other defunct Decipher products).

At the moment, there is alot of discussion that has happened on the message boards about this, Decipher have shown a willingness to listen to us and hopefully support us, and we have some excellent resources.

Using GCCG you can play LOTR online for free against any player in the world. Using this software we have setup a league using only sets 1-3 to assist new and returning players get back into the game.

If interested, drop by and have a look. We especially need willing and capable people to join the effort to setup the PC.

Thanks for reading :)

January 04, 2010, 05:15:50 PM
Reply #2

Kenddrick

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 05:15:50 PM »
Great message chompers! Well-written!

And Sete, pleased to see you putting those ideas into effect! Don't forget the EBAY sellers as well! Rock on! :)

January 04, 2010, 06:35:08 PM
Reply #3

Yanko Markovic

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 06:35:08 PM »
Saw this today when I entered the site to check some orders, and I was very happy. I wondered what would this mean (apart from showing support and advertising the community and all), but when Sete spoke about the possibility of special prices, that just made my day.
"To ask if Orcs "are" Communists is to me as sensible as asking if Communists are Orcs." - JRR Tolkien, regarding his "allegory".

January 06, 2010, 02:22:38 AM
Reply #4

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 02:22:38 AM »
Sete did you have contact with them too? I send Arco an email a few weeks ago with the request whether it was possible, and yesterday he asked me whether he could be on this site. I told him he already was and then he replied by adding us to his site.
Well it doesn't matter hwo it happened, just general wondering, haha
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

January 06, 2010, 10:33:48 AM
Reply #5

Sete

• Information Offline
  • Scout
  • Elessar
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 10:33:48 AM »
I spoke with Arco before joining this website. My idea of a magazine came along and then I joined TLHH. A few days ago he sent me an email saying he was going to update the front page and that we could work along in a cooperation between both sides, with profit for both. In one side Arco will be able to sell Lotr cards (which was something sort of stagnated) and in one other side we will be able to buy cheaper cards and also have advertise in a good selling site!

As soon as my exams end, I'll start working hard on the magazine and I will also contact a few more retailers (specially those who still have some boxes and boosters, like potomac and some more sites). Ebay sellers are not far from my ideas too, being able to have their announcements in our magazine can be also good for them, and being able to buy cheaper cards is great for our members!

January 06, 2010, 11:36:12 AM
Reply #6

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 11:36:12 AM »
Where are you from btw?
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

January 06, 2010, 02:53:49 PM
Reply #7

Sete

• Information Offline
  • Scout
  • Elessar
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 02:53:49 PM »
Portugal. :)

January 07, 2010, 12:05:42 AM
Reply #8

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 12:05:42 AM »
Well great minds think a like! :)

January 07, 2010, 12:49:31 PM
Reply #9

Sete

• Information Offline
  • Scout
  • Elessar
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 12:49:31 PM »
Indeed! ^^

January 07, 2010, 06:37:09 PM
Reply #10

Kenddrick

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 06:37:09 PM »
Superior minds think apart from the group.
-wtk

:D Have a goldpiece.