LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Deck-Building Super Challenge! (9/16: 3rd Challenge Voting Underway!)  (Read 52072 times)

July 09, 2008, 04:47:58 PM
Reply #15

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Re: Deck-Building Super Challenge!
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 04:47:58 PM »
Anyone else? Bueller? ...Bueller?
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

July 11, 2008, 11:23:54 AM
Reply #16

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Re: Deck-Building Super Challenge!
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 11:23:54 AM »
Alright, I think I've given everyone long enough to join. With the odd number of 11 contestants...let's get this party started! :hey:

For you first challenge, I want you to design a deck around the following rarely (if ever) used cards:

As with all decks in this contest, your deck must not just contain these cards, but actually USE them in a useful way.

Rules more specific to this round:

- You can use as many or as few copies in your deck as you wish (within LOTR TCG rules, of course), but you must include at least one copy of Merry IH and Pippin HoA in your deck. You may focus whatever strategy you decide to go with on just one or the other, or on both; that's up to you. But again, each must have at least one copy in your deck.
- Because these cards are both from the Tower block, your deck can be Tower Block format, Movie Block format, or Expanded format, but other formats (Fellowship, King, Standard) are obviously out. Please do NOT use Open, as I'd prefer to cut down on the possibilities of vastly overpowered or outright broken decks. Whichever format you choose, you may obviously include any other eligible cards in your deck, obeying the X-list, R-list, and other established rules for that format.
- For this round, a Shadow side and sitepath are purely optional. If they benefit your Free Peoples side in some way, then it's probably best to include them, even if you only include details on specific Shadow cards and/or sites as opposed to a full listing of cards. But the only requirement is a Free Peoples decklist, with as much or as little detail on the cards therein as you want to take the time to type up.

Though you can make your deck as bland as you wish, remember that this is a CONTEST, so the more detail and the more "flair" you include in your deck and descriptions, the better, more than likely, for your chances of winning that round.

We'll allow a full week for this first round, though if all submissions are in before then, we'll obviously start voting early, and if more time seems to be needed, we'll talk about extending the deadline. But for now, please PM your final deck to me by 12:00 midnight (EST), Friday, July 18th.

If you have not signed up and still want to join, you can still offically join in this thread...but all you really HAVE to do is send me a deck by the deadline. Doesn't matter if you're officially in or out: I'll accept any deck I recieve. Don't be shy! :ninja:

If you have any questions or concerns with the deck, deadline, or anything else, please don't hesitate to PM me or e-mail me at DainIronfoot47 AT hotmail DOT com. ;)

Good luck, and happy deckbuilding! :up:
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

July 11, 2008, 09:34:59 PM
Reply #17

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
PM sent.

July 11, 2008, 10:14:43 PM
Reply #18

Kralik

I have a deck with both of these fellows in it already... do they have to have a central role in the deck? Or would that just be a better choice as far as judging is concerned?

July 16, 2008, 09:16:32 AM
Reply #19

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Sorry I missed your question, boss. I wouldn't say they have to be THE central stars of the deck, but they should be used to contribute towards the deck's success. Just having them doing their thing on the side and not really helping out the rest of the fellowship isn't what I would consider really "using" them.

Remember everyone, deadline is Friday, and I have only one entry thus far. If you need more time, let me know ASAP!
Best regards,
Dáin

July 16, 2008, 07:41:50 PM
Reply #20

AgentDrake

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Why me? No, seriously. WHY ME?!?
I'll try to get something in on time, but I might need until Sunday. Depends on what work is like.
Forget it. I'm not arguing with the computer anymore to try to get the sig I want....

July 16, 2008, 07:47:43 PM
Reply #21

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Probably won't be a problem, since the only people confirmed to even be in it still are you (Drake), Kralik, and Lurtzy. Still no word--yay or nay--from anyone else.
Best regards,
Dáin

July 16, 2008, 08:14:53 PM
Reply #22

Elessar's Socks

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • "I see...I look foul and feel foul. Is that it?"
Been playtesting mine for the heck of it. ;) I'll get it submitted soon.

July 17, 2008, 01:23:25 AM
Reply #23

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
I under estimated the work required for this contest, i will have to concede as i dont seem to have much free time at home and even as slow as my work can be here sometimes i cant troll through a stack load of cards to formulate a deck when my boss might walk in at any time.

Sorry   :'(
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
That's like having "Some Who Ride Ponies" as a Rohan follower. ~ Dain Ironfoot.

July 17, 2008, 06:42:04 AM
Reply #24

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Quote from: lem0nhead
I under estimated the work required for this contest, i will have to concede as i dont seem to have much free time at home and even as slow as my work can be here sometimes i cant troll through a stack load of cards to formulate a deck when my boss might walk in at any time.

Sorry   :'(

If you think you COULD get it done with a little more time, then just let me know. We're already extended until Sunday, and if we need a little more time after that, that's fine...within reason, of course. Thran is still MIA, and there are a couple other contestants I haven't seen for days, either. Not like everyone else is breathing down my neck to wrap this round up any time soon. :P

Just let me know, man. I've already lost NB for the next month...I'd hate to lose ANOTHER member, but I understand if it's just not feasible. Believe me, I know what it means to be too busy to participate in forum activities as much as you'd like!
Best regards,
Dáin

July 17, 2008, 06:54:26 AM
Reply #25

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
Ill see what i can do man but its gonna be tough so i cant even promise a date.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
That's like having "Some Who Ride Ponies" as a Rohan follower. ~ Dain Ironfoot.

July 21, 2008, 07:08:09 AM
Reply #26

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Well, it's Monday...and I have only two entries.

I guess we'll go until this Friday, but that's it. I can't just extend this thing forever. Please try and get your entries in by then, folks!
Best regards,
Dáin

July 21, 2008, 09:12:05 AM
Reply #27

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
I will get to work on it now bro :up:. My net has been down for awhile now and few logins by my thanks to freinds and familes nets. I might not be able to get this round done seeing as I'm leaving on a vacation with the wife and kids in the morning but should be back by Thursday evening giving me today and thursday to get something started at least  ;D.
If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?

July 21, 2008, 09:50:02 AM
Reply #28

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
due to my lack of internet lately I never saw this, but I will add my deck soon...
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

July 21, 2008, 02:50:17 PM
Reply #29

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
Well, it's Monday...and I have only two entries.
:o :o Hopefully it won't always take this long...