LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The Uncountable Hoard  (Read 26112 times)

November 17, 2008, 12:28:28 PM
Reply #15

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Re: Making the most of the adventure deck (Hobbit style...)
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 12:28:28 PM »
I'm with lem0n. I love most of your ideas, but site stacking was really difficult to wrap my poor brain around. This looks MUCH better. =D>

Quote from: Thranduil
[4]Bodyguard of Bolg [Orc]
Minion • Orc
Str: 13
Vit: 2
Sit: 4
To play, discard 2 cards from hand.
While you have 3 or fewer sites in your adventure deck, each other [Orc] Orc cannot take wounds.
The bodyguard of Bolg came howling against them, and drove in upon their ranks like waves upon cliffs of sand.
H2 R 100

I love how this doesn't really trigger until late in the game, which makes sense storywise.

[1] Lost Ways [Orc]
Event • Shadow
Spot an [Orc] minion to choose one: reveal a random site from your opponent's adventure deck and replace a site on the adventure path with the revealed site; or replace the current site with an underground or mountain site from your adventure deck.
... the roads out of the East towards Mirkwood vanished or fell into disuse...
H2 C 128

I don't see the first one really being used, but it's a fine card. MAYBE exert that Orc instead.

(0) Raid and Plunder [Orc]
Event • Regroup
Spot 2 [Orc] minions to reveal a site at random from each player's adventure deck. Add [X], where X is the total of those sites' Shadow numbers. You may replace a site on the adventure path with one of the revealed sites.
H2 C 130

Woe unto the FP player that has Sirannon Ruins revealed! :twisted:
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

November 17, 2008, 12:33:06 PM
Reply #16

Elf_Lvr

• Information Offline
  • Lord
  • Rhythmic Ringwraith
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 12:33:06 PM »
The cards all look really good - especially Bodyguard of Bolg. This is a neat way for your guys to take advantage of all your site-swapping somehow.
Happy Hunting!
Remember Cobracards.com.
Thou cannot unjack what doth hath been jacked. - Menace64
"To die's the day worth livin' for!"
Maybe you guys can find a bard and have your story of heroic Balrog proximity put into verse.

November 17, 2008, 01:01:51 PM
Reply #17

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 01:01:51 PM »

Minion • Orc
While you have 3 or fewer sites in your adventure deck, each other [Orc] Orc cannot take wounds.
The bodyguard of Bolg came howling against them, and drove in upon their ranks like waves upon cliffs of sand.
H2 R 100

Nasty, not sure even having only a few sites less is fair enough to give all orcs invulnerability though. I suppose archery would bugga it up sort of.

[1] Lost Ways [Orc]
Event • Shadow
Spot an [Orc] minion to choose one: reveal a random site from your opponent's adventure deck and replace a site on the adventure path with the revealed site; or replace the current site with an underground or mountain site from your adventure deck.
H2 C 128

Dunno about spot an orc, maybe exert.

Event • Regroup
Spot 2 [Orc] minions to reveal a site at random from each player's adventure deck. Add [X], where X is the total of those sites' Shadow numbers. You may replace a site on the adventure path with one of the revealed sites.
H2 C 130

Nice.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
That's like having "Some Who Ride Ponies" as a Rohan follower. ~ Dain Ironfoot.

November 17, 2008, 01:07:59 PM
Reply #18

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 01:07:59 PM »
:o :gah:

How come you're online lem0n? You're surely not at work!

Thranduil

November 17, 2008, 01:09:11 PM
Reply #19

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 01:09:11 PM »
Heheh. I PMed him the same question.

Isn't it scary how well we know each other's schedules? And how quickly we think the cosmos are out of balance when those schedules suddenly change? :P

And is it also not funny that lem0n are I are known to be most active when at work and not at home? :lol: Your tax dollars at work, folks!
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

November 17, 2008, 01:15:31 PM
Reply #20

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 01:15:31 PM »
Luckily I don't have a day-job (studenting really doesn't count!), so I can be here 100% of the time! :uh-huh: 8-)

Thranduil

November 18, 2008, 12:37:52 AM
Reply #21

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 12:37:52 AM »
Thats is kinda freaky. That two people know exactly when im online enough to be shocked when i turn up in the evening cos i have nothing else better to do!

I resemble the statement about being online at work!  ;D My job is erm... very demanding i just manage my time well  :-?

November 18, 2008, 10:28:57 AM
Reply #22

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 10:28:57 AM »
Heheh. I PMed him the same question.

Isn't it scary how well we know each other's schedules? And how quickly we think the cosmos are out of balance when those schedules suddenly change? :P

And is it also not funny that lem0n are I are known to be most active when at work and not at home? :lol: Your tax dollars at work, folks!
I remember a few months ago when you were curious why I hadn't showed up between 1 and 3 EST to review ;)

Well that lot wrapped it up for the Eagle site cards. So now we're moving on to Orcs as prompted by GT's minion of the same name as the one coming now (the [Orc] Orcs in the Hobbit block tend to be able to draw lots and lots of cards, by the way):

Minion • Orc
H2 R 100
noice...

[1] Lost Ways [Orc]
Event • Shadow
Exert an [Orc] minion to choose one: reveal a random site from your opponent's adventure deck and replace a site on the adventure path with the revealed site; or replace the current site with an underground or mountain site from your adventure deck.
H2 C 128
fine by me

Event • Regroup
H2 C 130
fine by me
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

November 18, 2008, 03:56:53 PM
Reply #23

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 03:56:53 PM »
Okay, those cards seemed fairly straightforward and uncontroversial. What do we think about these? This batch includes a new way of referring to sites in the last card which is also explained there and which will be explored further with Smaug. :twisted:

(Sorry, I don't know why but for some reason I always want to accompany the word "Smaug" with evil smileys! :twisted: :fire: )

[2] Whirl of Bats [Orc]
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot an [Orc] minion.
At the end of your Shadow phase, you may spot an [Orc] minion to reveal a random site from your adventure deck. If that site has Shadow number 1 or less, you may shuffle an [Orc] event from your discard pile into your draw deck.
... still the great bats swirled about the heads and ears of elves and men...
H2 C 137

[1] Forging and Arming [Orc]
Condition • Support Area
At the end of your Shadow phase, you may spot an [Orc] Orc to reveal a random site from your adventure deck. If it is a battleground, you may add [1].
H2 U 106

[1] Edge of the Wild [Orc]
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may reveal a random site from your opponent's adventure deck and replace your site on the adventure path with the revealed site.
Skirmish: Remove [3] and reveal a barren site from your adventure deck to make an [Orc] minion damage +1. (A barren site has no terrain keywords.)
The Wild was still the Wild...
H2 R 105
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 03:54:55 PM by Thranduil »

November 19, 2008, 02:23:04 AM
Reply #24

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 02:23:04 AM »

[2] Whirl of Bats [Orc]
Condition • Support Area
At the end of the Shadow phase, you may spot an [Orc] minion to reveal a random site from your adventure deck. If that site has Shadow number 1 or less, you may take an [Orc] event or [Orc] condition into hand from your discard pile.
H2 C 137

Needs unique. Taking potential four events is lethal. Also GET RID OF THE CONDITION bit. I refuse to sanction what is another orcish smith.

Condition • Support Area
At the end of the Shadow phase, spot an [Orc] Orc to reveal a random site from your adventure deck. If it is a battleground, you may add [2].
H2 U 106

Again needs unique or a downside if its not a battleground.

Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may reveal a random site from your opponent's adventure deck and replace your site on the adventure path with the revealed site.
Skirmish: Remove [3] and reveal a barren site from your adventure deck to make an [Orc] minion damage +1. (A barren site has no terrain keywords.)
H2 R 105

Have you introduced barren before this? Card is fine though.

November 19, 2008, 04:43:16 AM
Reply #25

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 04:43:16 AM »
Have you introduced barren before this?
No I haven't.

I'm not sure about those conditions being unique - you have to reveal 1 random site for each copy of those conditions and the likelihood of triggering all of them requires careful deckbuilding and a coherent site-playing strategy, and it needs to be late game. I will remove the condition clause though.

Thranduil

November 19, 2008, 10:25:31 AM
Reply #26

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 10:25:31 AM »

[2] Whirl of Bats [Orc]
Condition • Support Area
At the end of the Shadow phase, you may spot an [Orc] minion to reveal a random site from your adventure deck. If that site has Shadow number 1 or less, you may take an [Orc] event into hand from your discard pile.
H2 C 137
I really think this one should be unique.

Condition • Support Area
At the end of the Shadow phase, spot an [Orc] Orc to reveal a random site from your adventure deck. If it is a battleground, you may add [2].
H2 U 106
maybe end of each shadow phase? or would that be too powerful? IDK, 4 chances to reveal a battleground is an awful lot. mayhaps if it was end of your shadow phase 

Condition • Support Area
H2 R 105
:gp: for the helpful deck.  so you could remove 3 and do nothing hypothetically.
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

November 19, 2008, 10:29:45 AM
Reply #27

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 10:29:45 AM »
maybe end of each shadow phase? or would that be too powerful? IDK, 4 chances to reveal a battleground is an awful lot. mayhaps if it was end of your shadow phase 
Sorry, obviously the cards should read "your Shadow phase" rather than "the Shadow phase". I'd forgotten that each player has their own Shadow phase.

:gp: for the helpful deck.  so you could remove 3 and do nothing hypothetically.
I think in your haste to review you might have misread the card: this is the 1 of the 3 which is not random! :P

Thranduil

November 20, 2008, 08:32:21 AM
Reply #28

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2008, 08:32:21 AM »
[2] Whirl of Bats [Orc]
Condition • Support Area
At the end of your Shadow phase, you may spot an [Orc] minion to reveal a random site from your adventure deck. If that site has Shadow number 1 or less, you may take an [Orc] event into hand from your discard pile.
H2 C 137

Hate to just repeat what the others have said, but I agree that it should probably be unique, or else further limited to prevent you from potentially nabbing four events. Maybe if you shuffled the events into your deck instead.... :-k

Condition • Support Area
At the end of your Shadow phase, spot an [Orc] Orc to reveal a random site from your adventure deck. If it is a battleground, you may add [2].
H2 U 106

As written right now, if you can spot an Orc, you HAVE to reveal the site. Is that intended? And I'd make it just add [1], be unique, and/or have a penalty if that site is NOT a battleground.

Condition • Support Area
H2 R 105

I like the barren idea. :up: This card seems okay.
Best regards,
Dáin

November 20, 2008, 04:56:23 PM
Reply #29

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2008, 04:56:23 PM »
I've updated the cards according to suggestions (the compulsory bit was not intended, by the way). It's also good to have all the regular reviewers back and reviewing! ;)

I think that's all the site-craziness in the Battle of Five Armies. But there are a few cards to add from the third set of the block, The White Council. And here they are! :mrgreen:

[8]Host of the Misty Mountains [Orc]
Minion • Orc
Str: 14
Vit: 4
This minion's twilight cost is -1 for each site you have on the adventure path.
This minion's twilight cost is -1 for each [Orc] condition borne by a companion.
But a great host of foes was arrayed on the slopes above them...
H3 R 99

[4] Moria Watcher [Orc]
Minion • Orc
Str: 10
Each time a site is revealed from your adventure deck, you may spot another [Orc] minion to add [1].
… and they had the higher ground.
H3 U 104

[6]Golfimbul, Orkish King [Orc]
Minion • Orc
Str: 11
Vit: 4
Fierce. To play, spot an [Orc] Orc.
Golfimbul is damage +1 and for each site in your adventure deck below 4.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may remove [X] to replace the current site with a battleground site from your adventure deck, where X is the Shadow number of the current site.
[His head] sailed a hundred yards through the air and went down a rabbit-hole, and in this way the battle was won and the game of Golf invented at the same moment.
H3 R 95
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 03:41:51 AM by Thranduil »