LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here  (Read 169216 times)

December 12, 2011, 08:33:01 AM
Reply #105

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
Re: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2011, 08:33:01 AM »
Saruman's Reach should allow the free peoples player choose who to exert
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

December 12, 2011, 09:07:44 AM
Reply #106

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2011, 09:07:44 AM »
Mumak Chieftain doesn't allow playing a mount on him from discard if you can afford the mount only thanks to cost reduction the minion provides.
Fixed: - "Mumak Chieftain" can now play a mount for discount value, even if it can't play it without the discount.
New/old way to play Lord of the Rings online.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

December 12, 2011, 09:08:57 AM
Reply #107

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2011, 09:08:57 AM »
Saruman's Reach should allow the free peoples player choose who to exert
Fixed: - "Saruman's Reach", it's the FP player now choosing which companions to exert.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

December 12, 2011, 12:16:30 PM
Reply #108

-Enola-

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2011, 12:16:30 PM »
League is very fine, great idea :).

If you have time, can you program tournaments ? Or a way to do them in a certain format ?
Hobbit Draft Game : http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr

December 12, 2011, 01:07:23 PM
Reply #109

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2011, 01:07:23 PM »
League is very fine, great idea :).
If you have time, can you program tournaments ? Or a way to do them in a certain format ?
I might do that, but I'm not sure if there ever gonna be 8 people online willing to spend 4-5 hours playing non-stop. If there will be - why not.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

December 13, 2011, 01:09:15 AM
Reply #110

-Enola-

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2011, 01:09:15 AM »
I was thinking about a tournament on many days, and then players have to meet their direct opponent in the following days.

Maybe a way to do it :

Create a button (Create tournament) -> press on and then many options about the tournament :
- Format ? (FOTR Bloc, Towers Standard, Movie Block ....)
- Minimum players (default value 4 for example, the tournament doesn't start if there are less than 4 players in)
- Maximum players (max player involving in the tournament)
- Maximum time to register (default value 48 hours for example, after this time the tournament starts)
- End of the tournament (date of the end of the tournament)
- Tournament type (Swiss rounds, direct elimination ...)

Then when the tournament is ok with all these options, others players can register in there.
(The creator is automatically in the tournament, and one player can only participate in only one tournament)

So you have to create a part of gempukku with 'Tournaments', so players can check in tournaments.

Create a button (Register a tournament) -> press on and then many options about the choosing tournament :
- Deck (you have to choose a deck of the format)
- Availability (you put your availability on each day until the date of the end of tournament)

Then the tournament could start (when max players is ok or after maximum time to register).

A tournament tree is made by gempukku, and the pairing is done.
Then you have to break up time until the end of the tournament.

Example : tournament starts the 13th December 2011 at 1:00 pm and will end the 20th December 2011 at 1:00 pm and there will be 7 rounds until the final.
All matches of the first round have to take place between 13th December 2011 at 1:00 pm and 14th December 2011 at 1:00 pm, after this time it's time for the second round.

How can we play ?
For example 'Player1 vs Player2', Player1 is available the 13th December 2011 from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm and Player2 is available from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Gempukku will create a table at 5:00 pm (only Player1 and Player2 can join) and the players have 30 minutes to log in, after this time if there is only one player in the game (the other doesn't come), this one wins.

And if Players availabilities are not crossing : Player1 is available the 13th December 2011 from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm and Player2 is available from 9:00 pm to 12:00 pm. Gempukku will create table at 8:00 pm and the players have 30 minutes to log in, after this time if there is only one player in the game (the other doesn't come), this one wins.

If Player2 is not available between 13th December 2011 at 1:00 pm and 14th December 2011 at 1:00 pm, Player1 wins automatically.

A message is sent to both players on Gempukku about the date of their next round.

You can create a button 'Create Tournament Table' : if Player1 and Player2 are log in the same time and not at the date of their round, they don't have to wait until Gempukku create the table.

I don't know if all this will work but it's a way to create automatical tournament with different time zones.

Tell me if you have questions.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 01:13:27 AM by Coco »

December 13, 2011, 05:22:27 PM
Reply #111

rhtm70

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2011, 05:22:27 PM »
When you play Theoden Tall and Proud he is twilight cost 3 even if you can spot another Rohan Man while he is supposed to be 2 twilight if you can spot one. Thanks

December 13, 2011, 05:44:18 PM
Reply #112

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2011, 05:44:18 PM »
When you play Theoden Tall and Proud he is twilight cost 3 even if you can spot another Rohan Man while he is supposed to be 2 twilight if you can spot one. Thanks
code looks fine. I'll need a replay link. thanks
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

December 14, 2011, 02:08:07 AM
Reply #113

-Enola-

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2011, 02:08:07 AM »
Ok I thought about the whole tournament thing and here is the point.

Tournaments on many days will be hard to organise, but a little tournament as a Friday Night tournament with 3-4  quick rounds could be planned.

So to sum up :

A way to do it :

Create a button (Create tournament) -> press on and then many options about the tournament :
- Format ? (FOTR Bloc, Towers Standard, Movie Block ....)
- Minimum players (default value 4 for example, the tournament doesn't start if there are less than 4 players in)
- Maximum players (default value 16 for example, max player involving in the tournament)
- Start of the tournament (date of the beginning of the tournament)
- Length of a game (30 min per player should be fine, I took rarely more than 15 min in a game)
- Tournament type (Swiss rounds, direct elimination ...)

Then when the tournament is ok with all these options, others players can register in there.
(The creator is automatically in the tournament, and one player can only participate in only one tournament)

So you have to create a part of gempukku with 'Tournaments', so players can check in tournaments.

Create a button (Register a tournament) -> press on and then many options about the choosing tournament :
- Deck (you have to choose a deck of the format)

Then the tournament could start.

First round : At the start of the tournament, Gempukku create tournament tables that only opponents can join.
They have 10 min to join, after this time if there is only one player in, he directly wins.
When all tables from round1 finish their games, tournament tables from round2 are generated.
Players have 10 min to join tables .... etc ....

So you can play some events on gempukku, and players have to log in when the tournament starts.

With a 30 min per player, 10 min maximum waiting and 3-4 rounds, tournament will take less than 3-4 hours.

Maybe this kind of thing sounds good ?

December 14, 2011, 12:24:08 PM
Reply #114

hsiale

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2011, 12:24:08 PM »
Troop Tower adds strength also for your opponent's besiegers stacked on sites he controls.
Olog-hai of Mordor has his cost reduced also for your opponent's [Sauron] minions stacked on a site.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 12:38:40 PM by hsiale »

December 14, 2011, 01:27:24 PM
Reply #115

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2011, 01:27:24 PM »
Skinbark, fladrif discards rather than exerts for his ability
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

December 14, 2011, 01:51:38 PM
Reply #116

hsiale

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2011, 01:51:38 PM »
Southron Leader doesn't activate despite 4 FP cultures.

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=hsiale$fxfwzmtorqc1oe0v - site 8, last turn, just before I conceded

December 14, 2011, 04:01:39 PM
Reply #117

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2011, 04:01:39 PM »
Troop Tower adds strength also for your opponent's besiegers stacked on sites he controls.
Olog-hai of Mordor has his cost reduced also for your opponent's [Sauron] minions stacked on a site.
Well, I can't really find anything in rules or in game texts of these cards that would suggest otherwise. Troop Tower - "... for each besieger stacked on a site", Olog-hai of Mordor - "... for each [Sauron] minion stacked on a site"
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

December 14, 2011, 04:02:55 PM
Reply #118

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2011, 04:02:55 PM »
Skinbark, fladrif discards rather than exerts for his ability
Fixed: - "Skinbark" now exerts itself, rather than discards.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

December 14, 2011, 04:06:17 PM
Reply #119

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2011, 04:06:17 PM »
I believe sites in support areas are only active when their controller is playing shadow, same as anything in the support area. I could be wrong.
--God