LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here  (Read 169216 times)

January 09, 2012, 02:16:11 PM
Reply #270

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Re: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here
« Reply #270 on: January 09, 2012, 02:16:11 PM »
Two things really quick from league.

The Palantir of Orthanic only lists the first card you put back from someones. 

The other problem I have had is when someone knows they will lose a game and they leave the game, either by closing their browser or something and you are stuck there for the ten minutes it takes.

I lost a game in round 4 because of this, I thought it had been 10 minutes and I closed my computer down and it gave me the loss, it sucks, it was my first loss of round 4 and when I got on the next day and checked it said I had a loss and I was pissed.

I hate that your opponent can screw you out of over ten minutes of your time. 
I don't understand what's the problem with Palantir, please give more detail.

As for timeout, I have to have some kind of timeout and it has to be enough time to restart the computer (if it crashed) and reconnect to the internet. I'm sure you wouldn't like to lose competitive game because your computer crashed.

As for people leaving on purpose without conceding when they are clearly losing. Just report them and I'll look through their game history, and if it happens often - ban them. This kind of behaviour will not be tolerated.
New/old way to play Lord of the Rings online.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

January 09, 2012, 02:20:33 PM
Reply #271

CategoryOneGames.com

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
    • CategoryOneGames
« Reply #271 on: January 09, 2012, 02:20:33 PM »
Good to know on the second point, I'll let you know if anyone does this in the future.

As far as Palantir, you can use it multiple times in a turn to see a card and put it on top of the opponents deck, on the program it shows you the first card but it does not show you each additional card that you put on top of their deck.  Hope that helps, let me know if you need more info. 
Visit www.CategoryOneGames.com for LOTR and Star Wars Singles, Boxes and Starters.

January 09, 2012, 06:47:07 PM
Reply #272

jcb213

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #272 on: January 09, 2012, 06:47:07 PM »
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=jcb213$nua3v9r05dzurkar

Multiple problems with assignment actions:

At site 2 my opponent was unable to assign the troll to skirmish anyone.

Later at site 4 or 5, I had assigned my Gorgoroth Assassin to a character.  I decided I wanted to reassign the assassin (using it's gametext) but it wouldn't let me.  There is nothing in the assassin's gametext that would indicate it can't reassign to a different companion as an additional assignment action, so I assume I should have been able to do it again.

Alcarin's assignment text triggered multiple times even when it wasn't valid (no minions bearing forts).

Gorgoroth Assassin's assignment text triggered in the fierce phase, even though it wasn't fierce.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 06:55:07 PM by jcb213 »

January 09, 2012, 07:44:14 PM
Reply #273

jcb213

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #273 on: January 09, 2012, 07:44:14 PM »
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=jcb213$lwrkv9qbfzn0mvmv

More assignment problems:

At site 3, I used Gorgoroth Assassin's gametext to assign him to a companion.  He was then able to reassign him to a different companion.  The assassin ended up fighting both companions.  The same thing happened later.

At one point I used Gorgoroth Assassin's gametext and my opponent was getting an error message about too many minions being assigned even though it was just the assassin.

January 09, 2012, 07:46:02 PM
Reply #274

jcb213

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #274 on: January 09, 2012, 07:46:02 PM »
Game froze twice after Durin won a skirmish and Dwarven Axe attempted to trigger:

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=jcb213$g4z3elq00xiequsu

The weird thing is, in the second game the Dwarven Axe worked fine multiple times before it froze halfway through the game with the same problem.

January 09, 2012, 07:49:03 PM
Reply #275

ramolnar

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #275 on: January 09, 2012, 07:49:03 PM »
How did you unfreeze it? My game in now frozen.

Assignment phase actions like Alcarin and the Assassin stick, by rule. Otherwise, if there were two minions with forts, Alcarin could heal twice.

January 09, 2012, 08:03:20 PM
Reply #276

tanzhamster

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #276 on: January 09, 2012, 08:03:20 PM »
Freca[/card]$nbazo9lzewd4mza6]http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Freca$nbazo9lzewd4mza6

We got a problem on site 8.
After all assignments were done and the first skirm started, i got a "disconnecting to the server" message. I refreshed with F5 but nothing happend except we were stuck and nothing helped until I updated firefox, cleared my cache and than concede. Tried to refresh multiple times, started GEMP again and started my laptop again before but nothing helped...

Also I've been able to use Filibert Bolger  in each skirm involving a hobbit. I only did it once in a fierce, so i'm not sure if it would cancle a non-fierce skirmish, but maybe you could look after it...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 08:05:33 PM by tanzhamster »

January 10, 2012, 02:27:40 AM
Reply #277

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #277 on: January 10, 2012, 02:27:40 AM »
As far as Palantir, you can use it multiple times in a turn to see a card and put it on top of the opponents deck, on the program it shows you the first card but it does not show you each additional card that you put on top of their deck.  Hope that helps, let me know if you need more info. 

I will need a game replay link to track that. Are you sure your opponent had any cards in hand after the first use?
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

January 10, 2012, 02:59:32 AM
Reply #278

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #278 on: January 10, 2012, 02:59:32 AM »
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=jcb213$nua3v9r05dzurkar

Multiple problems with assignment actions:

At site 2 my opponent was unable to assign the troll to skirmish anyone.

Later at site 4 or 5, I had assigned my Gorgoroth Assassin to a character.  I decided I wanted to reassign the assassin (using it's gametext) but it wouldn't let me.  There is nothing in the assassin's gametext that would indicate it can't reassign to a different companion as an additional assignment action, so I assume I should have been able to do it again.

Alcarin's assignment text triggered multiple times even when it wasn't valid (no minions bearing forts).

Gorgoroth Assassin's assignment text triggered in the fierce phase, even though it wasn't fierce.
Let me address those one at a time.

At site 2 your opponent DID assign the Gate Troll to skirmish in both normal assignment and fierce assignments:
From game log
Alzarac assigns characters to skirmish
Skirmish finishes with a normal win
Alcarin is wounded by •Gate Troll
Alcarin is used
Alzarac assigns characters to skirmish
Skirmish finishes with a normal win
Alcarin is wounded by •Gate Troll

You can't use an effect to assign minion to character (companion or ally) unless BOTH of them are unassigned (per rule in Comprehensive Rulebook), therefore, you can't "change your mind" with Gorgoroth Assassin, once it's already assigned. This doesn't have to be written on the card itself, it's in the rules:
Many assignment actions assign a minion to a companion. You cannot do this unless both of them are unassigned.

Alcarin can be used at any point in Assignment phase, if his cost can be payed. There was a bug in Alcarin that it wasn't checking that it's usable before highlighting as usable, luckly his effect wasn't doing anything.

Gorgoroth Assassin text should be usable during fierce assignment phase, it just should fail to do anything as an effect. This is now fixed.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

January 10, 2012, 03:01:35 AM
Reply #279

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #279 on: January 10, 2012, 03:01:35 AM »
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=jcb213$lwrkv9qbfzn0mvmv

More assignment problems:

At site 3, I used Gorgoroth Assassin's gametext to assign him to a companion.  He was then able to reassign him to a different companion.  The assassin ended up fighting both companions.  The same thing happened later.

At one point I used Gorgoroth Assassin's gametext and my opponent was getting an error message about too many minions being assigned even though it was just the assassin.
Fixed the first problem, as for the second one, I need more detail - what site was it, and what was the exact message he was getting.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

January 10, 2012, 03:18:34 AM
Reply #280

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #280 on: January 10, 2012, 03:18:34 AM »
Also I've been able to use Filibert Bolger  in each skirm involving a hobbit. I only did it once in a fierce, so i'm not sure if it would cancle a non-fierce skirmish, but maybe you could look after it...
You can use Filibert Bolger in any skirmish (even one not involving a Hobbit), you'll have to exert that Hobbit twice, it will just fail to cancel that skirmish, if it does not involve a Hobbit or is not fierce.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

January 10, 2012, 03:39:29 AM
Reply #281

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #281 on: January 10, 2012, 03:39:29 AM »
Game froze twice after Durin won a skirmish and Dwarven Axe attempted to trigger:

The weird thing is, in the second game the Dwarven Axe worked fine multiple times before it froze halfway through the game with the same problem.
Fixed, there was a problem with damaging with damage+x cards.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

January 10, 2012, 06:10:19 AM
Reply #282

jcb213

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #282 on: January 10, 2012, 06:10:19 AM »
Fixed the first problem, as for the second one, I need more detail - what site was it, and what was the exact message he was getting.
It was at site 5 or 6.  I played a Gorgoroth Assassin and a troll.  I assigned the Gorgoroth Assassin to Faramir, then when he went to assign minions he was getting some sort of error message (I don't know the exact wording since I couldn't see what he was getting) about too many minions assigned to Faramir.  I was playing with DurinIII, so if you check with him he should be able to tell you.

January 10, 2012, 06:28:36 AM
Reply #283

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #283 on: January 10, 2012, 06:28:36 AM »
It was at site 5 or 6.  I played a Gorgoroth Assassin and a troll.  I assigned the Gorgoroth Assassin to Faramir, then when he went to assign minions he was getting some sort of error message (I don't know the exact wording since I couldn't see what he was getting) about too many minions assigned to Faramir.  I was playing with DurinIII, so if you check with him he should be able to tell you.
Maybe he was trying to assign Troll to Faramir which was not legal, because Faramir didn't have Defender+1 and that's the error he was getting: "Faramir can't have so many minions assigned"?
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

January 10, 2012, 06:34:06 AM
Reply #284

tanzhamster

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #284 on: January 10, 2012, 06:34:06 AM »
I had the same bug today multiple times.
It was each time a shadowplayer assigned a minion due to a skill like. Here it was in my first turn on site 2 and on site 8 during OneFathomes turn.

I saw the samething with the Orc Assasin in some games today...