LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here  (Read 169196 times)

January 18, 2012, 11:57:57 PM
Reply #345

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Re: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here
« Reply #345 on: January 18, 2012, 11:57:57 PM »
Kind of an odd bug:

I was playing a deck that had just one copy of Bounder in it. I played that Bounder early on in the game, and then as the game progressed, I somehow drew a second Bounder into my hand.
All cards do what they say, no more, no less.

January 19, 2012, 02:16:29 AM
Reply #346

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #346 on: January 19, 2012, 02:16:29 AM »
Kind of an odd bug:

I was playing a deck that had just one copy of Bounder in it. I played that Bounder early on in the game, and then as the game progressed, I somehow drew a second Bounder into my hand.
This was fixed yesterday evening. If the problem will occur again, please post again.
New/old way to play Lord of the Rings online.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

January 20, 2012, 06:39:28 AM
Reply #347

Arcanite

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #347 on: January 20, 2012, 06:39:28 AM »
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?gameId=216

Southron commander let's me use his text endlessly so i can stall the game until he discards a companion, and i'm still attacking he RB.

January 20, 2012, 07:08:44 AM
Reply #348

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #348 on: January 20, 2012, 07:08:44 AM »
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?gameId=216

Southron commander let's me use his text endlessly so i can stall the game until he discards a companion, and i'm still attacking he RB.
I'm afraid, that's what the card says (and does). Unfortunately I didn't find in the Comprehensive rules an answer to a following question:
If there is an effect, that can be prevented by any player by doing something. Does the 1st effect have to be doable (can be assigned to Ring-bearer, if it's already assigned), before a player chooses to prevent it, or not. Any ideas?
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

January 20, 2012, 07:15:00 AM
Reply #349

Air Power

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #349 on: January 20, 2012, 07:15:00 AM »

I'm afraid, that's what the card says (and does). Unfortunately I didn't find in the Comprehensive rules an answer to a following question:
If there is an effect, that can be prevented by any player by doing something. Does the 1st effect have to be doable (can be assigned to Ring-bearer, if it's already assigned), before a player chooses to prevent it, or not. Any ideas?

You can't use assignment actions unless both the companion you're assigning your minion to is unassigned and your minion is unassigned.  For instance, if Gandalf bears Steadfast Champion, the shadow player can assigned any 1 minion to skirmish him but not assign all of their minions to him.  In the situation listed, Southron Commander's assignment action is unusable while he, the ringbearer, or both are assigned to any skirmish.
"If the world becomes pagan and perishes, the last man left alive would do well to quote the Iliad and die." -G.K. Chesterton, The Everlasting Man

January 20, 2012, 07:19:32 AM
Reply #350

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #350 on: January 20, 2012, 07:19:32 AM »
You can't use assignment actions unless both the companion you're assigning your minion to is unassigned and your minion is unassigned.  For instance, if Gandalf bears Steadfast Champion, the shadow player can assigned any 1 minion to skirmish him but not assign all of their minions to him.  In the situation listed, Southron Commander's assignment action is unusable while he, the ringbearer, or both are assigned to any skirmish.
I'm afraid you are wrong there. The action is usable, it will just fail to do anything. The same way, if you have [Raider] man skirmishing a companion with Armor on, and the companion already did take one wound in the skirmish (for example with Whirling Strike), you can still play the Whirling Strike card (second one), it's just that it will fail to do anything.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

January 20, 2012, 09:23:16 AM
Reply #351

hsiale

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #351 on: January 20, 2012, 09:23:16 AM »
The action is usable. Still, it should not be possible to stall the game this way.

Problems can happen when there is an action that has no costs or effects and can be repeated infinitely many times (like making Uruk Fighter fierce when he is already fierce). Then you can use it to steal the time (which sometimes may be important, I had one league game when since site 2 I knew there is no way I can win other than my opponent running out of time)/ I think the game should recognize an action that has neither costs nor effects and if a player does two such actions in a row (with opponent passing) a warning should be displayed that next such action will count as pass.

January 20, 2012, 09:27:32 AM
Reply #352

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #352 on: January 20, 2012, 09:27:32 AM »
Problems can happen when there is an action that has no costs or effects and can be repeated infinitely many times (like making Uruk Fighter fierce when he is already fierce). Then you can use it to steal the time (which sometimes may be important, I had one league game when since site 2 I knew there is no way I can win other than my opponent running out of time)/ I think the game should recognize an action that has neither costs nor effects and if a player does two such actions in a row (with opponent passing) a warning should be displayed that next such action will count as pass.

Easy to say, difficult to do. If you have concern your opponent is stalling this way, just report him and I'll take a look at the game replay and take appropriate action.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

January 20, 2012, 10:56:16 AM
Reply #353

shewski

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #353 on: January 20, 2012, 10:56:16 AM »
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=shewski$q1x7rhxupgr45gzi

Two issues I noticed here

1)  The cave troll chain (when opponent is @ site 5) doesn't add 1 Twilight w/ Goblin Armory when I play it.
2)  when in a skirmish with an ally (I can't remember exactly when, site 6, 7, or 8) Goblin Armory doesn't give me a "when wounded" response.

January 20, 2012, 11:43:09 AM
Reply #354

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
« Reply #354 on: January 20, 2012, 11:43:09 AM »
The cave troll's chain isn't a weapon.
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

January 20, 2012, 12:07:12 PM
Reply #355

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #355 on: January 20, 2012, 12:07:12 PM »
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=shewski$q1x7rhxupgr45gzi

Two issues I noticed here

1)  The cave troll chain (when opponent is @ site 5) doesn't add 1 Twilight w/ Goblin Armory when I play it.
2)  when in a skirmish with an ally (I can't remember exactly when, site 6, 7, or 8) Goblin Armory doesn't give me a "when wounded" response.
As it was said - Troll's Chain is not a weapon. As for the Goblin Armory. It works, you must give me more specifics - what site was it, and what minion was getting wounded. Basically, what I need to check is, that:
- the minion that was taking damage is indeed "[Moria] Orc",
- the minion was taking damage, rather than being overwhelmed.

I'm not saying there is no error in the card, and a minion that is supposed to be an Orc doesn't have a different race by mistake, but most likely one of those requirements above was not fulfilled.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

January 20, 2012, 03:04:18 PM
Reply #356

hsiale

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #356 on: January 20, 2012, 03:04:18 PM »
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=hsiale$zt4y53k7kw1459at

Site 7, last turn of the game. I tried to use Dark Places to change the site, had Cavern Entrance in my adventure deck and it didn't work (I kept getting an error message that there's no matching site in my adventure deck). Either Cavern Entrance lacks underground keyword or something more serious is wrong.

Safe Passage doesn't inform your opponent about what site keyword you chose. I think it should be shown in game chat straight after choice is done and all the time in card info of Safe Passage.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 03:10:59 PM by hsiale »

January 20, 2012, 04:54:02 PM
Reply #357

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #357 on: January 20, 2012, 04:54:02 PM »
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=hsiale$zt4y53k7kw1459at

Site 7, last turn of the game. I tried to use Dark Places to change the site, had Cavern Entrance in my adventure deck and it didn't work (I kept getting an error message that there's no matching site in my adventure deck). Either Cavern Entrance lacks underground keyword or something more serious is wrong.

Safe Passage doesn't inform your opponent about what site keyword you chose. I think it should be shown in game chat straight after choice is done and all the time in card info of Safe Passage.
check the clarification for Dark Places.

I'll fix the Safe Passage.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

January 22, 2012, 12:04:13 PM
Reply #358

OneFathom

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #358 on: January 22, 2012, 12:04:13 PM »
I returned Sam, Son of Hamfast to my hand while he was the ring-bearer, haha.  The ring was sent to the discard pile and I still managed to "win" the game by surviving through site 9.  Replay link is below.

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=OneFathom$nyfl813juijussws

January 22, 2012, 04:22:29 PM
Reply #359

jcb213

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #359 on: January 22, 2012, 04:22:29 PM »
Slaked Thirsts was stacked on Preparations.  I used it to exert a minion with only 2 vitality (so to exert it once) and it wouldn't let me.

I believe this falls under effects from the Comprehensive Rule book:
If the effect of a card or special ability requires you to perform an action and you cannot, you must perform as much as you can and ignore the rest.

The cost is "if this card is stacked on a [Dwarven] condition, spot a Dwarf companion and discard this event" and the effect is "to exert a minion twice."  I paid the cost (spot a Dwarf and discard the event) so in line with the rules for effects it should have performed as much of the effect as possible and exerted the minion once.