LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here  (Read 169214 times)

February 06, 2012, 09:44:35 AM
Reply #465

yox1

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Re: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here
« Reply #465 on: February 06, 2012, 09:44:35 AM »
Effect of the staff is mandatory. Wound from losing a skirmish is the same. So FP player has a choice of order of those two things happening - if Gandalf is skirmishing a 1 vitality minion, just choose wound first, staff second (you are given that choice when a window with Staff picture and "Rules" sign appears - if you click on "Rules", effect of the staff happens after the regular wound.

Thanks.

February 07, 2012, 09:12:03 AM
Reply #466

ellesar

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #466 on: February 07, 2012, 09:12:03 AM »
if you use boromir BOC: at the start of a skirmish you can't choose between adding 3 burdens or giving 2 wounds, it just adds 3 burdens.

February 07, 2012, 09:22:17 AM
Reply #467

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #467 on: February 07, 2012, 09:22:17 AM »
if you use boromir BOC: at the start of a skirmish you can't choose between adding 3 burdens or giving 2 wounds, it just adds 3 burdens.
And the game replay link, please (and site number)?

Just to note: Boromir has to be able to take 2 wounds (have at least 2 vitality and have no Armor attached or any other similar effect), to be able to choose the "wound twice" option.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 09:24:40 AM by MarcinS »
New/old way to play Lord of the Rings online.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

February 07, 2012, 12:48:58 PM
Reply #468

ellesar

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #468 on: February 07, 2012, 12:48:58 PM »
he had only 1 vitality left.
Why does this mater. i mean how does this prevent you to use ring of rings?
as wounds are always placed once at a time. so before the first wound is given, you wear the ring of rings and than you add 2 burdens.

as for replay:http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=ellesar$zti6l16ryzdqvafe
(wasn't my freep so i only know he didn't get the option between wounding and adding burdens because he said so)

February 07, 2012, 01:26:18 PM
Reply #469

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #469 on: February 07, 2012, 01:26:18 PM »
If you are given a choice of effects, you have to choose one, which you can perform fully. Because Boromir had only 1 vitality, you were not able to (barring any extra cards/effects) to wound him twice, but you were fully able to add 3 burdens, therefore that effect was chosen for you, as it was the only viable choice for you.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

February 07, 2012, 02:20:27 PM
Reply #470

ellesar

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #470 on: February 07, 2012, 02:20:27 PM »
you have a point.
The point is that the rules aren't completely clear (in my opinion).
if you must wound an character more than it's vitality, is the wounding fully performed? (compare with damage bonus in skirmish)
(for exerting it's clear, you can't exert a character x times of it has less than x+1 vitality, so even with Strength of Spirit it would be impossible).
But something like that isn't stated as clearly for wounding
there's nothing like you can't wound a character more than it's vitality(not that i found anyway)

but you're probably right
you must by now think i'm a real pain in the #$&*@! :p

February 07, 2012, 02:24:26 PM
Reply #471

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #471 on: February 07, 2012, 02:24:26 PM »
The thing is, we already had this discussion about Boromir ring-bearer and wounding/adding burdens. But just imagine if the Boromir didn't have the clause "When ... is a ring-bearer", and it was beginning of a skirmish with him, and he was exhausted. Should you be given a choice of adding 3 burdens or wound twice (when you wouldn't be able to fully perform the action, as it would die after the first one), or not. My guess is - you'd have to add 3 burdens.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

February 07, 2012, 03:26:08 PM
Reply #472

tanzhamster

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #472 on: February 07, 2012, 03:26:08 PM »
would it automatically add 3 burdens if the player is able to use 2 saplings? if it is so, i think it has to be changed...

February 07, 2012, 03:32:18 PM
Reply #473

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #473 on: February 07, 2012, 03:32:18 PM »
would it automatically add 3 burdens if the player is able to use 2 saplings? if it is so, i think it has to be changed...
But what if this player's opponent has 2 cards that cancel activated ability of the Saplings? And what if the player with Boromir had a card to cancel the event that can cancel activated ability of the Saplings... and so on and so forth.

When a decision has to be made if something is "fully playable" there has to be a strict way of qualifying and I really don't think other responses or ongoing effects (except for ones preventing this effect) should be taken into account.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

February 07, 2012, 05:23:13 PM
Reply #474

tanzhamster

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #474 on: February 07, 2012, 05:23:13 PM »
well i still think the freeps player has to make a decision to add  3 burdens or wound him twice.

i mean, just imagine the following situation:
boromir has 2 wounds with 3 vitality and 6 burden with a resistance of 8. the freepsplayer has 2 saplings on the table.
at the moment the freepsplayer instantly lose the game because 3 burdens are added without giving him the oppertunity to take the wounds and hopefully being able to prevent them.
for me it is not depending on what the shadowplayer maybe does because of the saplings he IS able to fully perform the action of wounding him, so he has to get the chance to use them.

February 07, 2012, 05:31:26 PM
Reply #475

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
« Reply #475 on: February 07, 2012, 05:31:26 PM »
is there anyway to make it where you actually have to click the button to choose to pass or move in the regroup phase? I have been asked a question mid game and when i reply and hit enter to display my reply I got forced into a double I didnt want to make or just passed the shadow phase with a hand full of things to play. It's kind of annoying, but if it is too difficult to program I guess I'll just have to not type during a game.

Thanks,

NK
If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?

February 07, 2012, 05:55:29 PM
Reply #476

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #476 on: February 07, 2012, 05:55:29 PM »
well i still think the freeps player has to make a decision to add  3 burdens or wound him twice.

i mean, just imagine the following situation:
boromir has 2 wounds with 3 vitality and 6 burden with a resistance of 8. the freepsplayer has 2 saplings on the table.
at the moment the freepsplayer instantly lose the game because 3 burdens are added without giving him the oppertunity to take the wounds and hopefully being able to prevent them.
for me it is not depending on what the shadowplayer maybe does because of the saplings he IS able to fully perform the action of wounding him, so he has to get the chance to use them.
No, not going to happen - sorry. You're NOT fully able to do this effect, because you assume that something else will happen and be successful.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

February 07, 2012, 06:46:11 PM
Reply #477

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
« Reply #477 on: February 07, 2012, 06:46:11 PM »
One last thing, are you allowing a 2 vitality boromir to take 2 wounds? Cause he is fully capable of that (even though he'll die).
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

February 07, 2012, 07:18:07 PM
Reply #478

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #478 on: February 07, 2012, 07:18:07 PM »
One last thing, are you allowing a 2 vitality boromir to take 2 wounds? Cause he is fully capable of that (even though he'll die).
Yes.

It's the same as it is with Desperate Defense of the Ring. It doesn't say anywhere in the rules, that you have to have at least 3 cards in hand to be able to choose the "discard 3 cards from hand" option.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 07:20:25 PM by MarcinS »
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

February 07, 2012, 07:20:58 PM
Reply #479

JakeA

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #479 on: February 07, 2012, 07:20:58 PM »
The One Ring, The Ring of Doom (15R1) : When worn, it provided Sam with Hunter 3 (per shift clicking him) but did not grant the +3 strength against a non-hunter minion.

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=JakeA$bvkjh29iv1oean7h (note: happens during the fierce skirmishes at site 9).