LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here  (Read 169178 times)

April 18, 2012, 05:04:33 PM
Reply #810

CoS

• Information Offline
  • Villager
  • Battletech, Overpower, and LOTR TCG- all dead :(
Re: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here
« Reply #810 on: April 18, 2012, 05:04:33 PM »
MarcinS, I had two games were the server lag cost me the match today. The game is virtually unplayable on mobile today  ](*,)

April 18, 2012, 05:50:22 PM
Reply #811

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #811 on: April 18, 2012, 05:50:22 PM »
It might not make sense intellectually, but as far as the game is concerned, one character losing does not necessarily mean a character on the other side will win.
I'm not saying it is. Lets get it into a timing stack then - as you see it, correct me if I'm wrong.

Companion A (with text "When A wins a skirmish involving [qualifier], draw a card") skirmishes Minion B (which matches the [qualifier]).

1. FP player announces an action (for 1 twilight) that wounds Minion B (lets assume B has 1 vitatlity).
2. Opportunity to play "is about to add twilight" effects.
3. FP player adds 1 twilight to twilight pool.
4. Opportunity to play "when [qualifier] is played".
5. Opportunity to play "is about to take wound" effects.
6. Wound is placed on the Minion B.
7. Opportunity to play "when wounded" effects.
7.1. Character death triggers as a required action.
7.2. Opportunity to play "is about to be killed/discarded" effects.
7.3. Minion is killed and placed in discard pile.
7.4. Opportunity to play "when is killed/discarded" and "when minion B loses skirmish" effects.
7.4.1. Skirmish resolves as a required action, involved in skirmish = "Companion A" (no "Minion B"), winning side = "Companion A".
7.4.2. Opportunity to play "is about to win/lose skirmish" effects.
7.4.3. Companion A is "winning", and there is 0 characters on the losing side.
7.4.4. Opportunity to play "when wins/loses skirmish".
7.4.5. Skirmish resolving finishes.
7.4. Character death action finishes.
8. The wounding action finishes, if it was coming from an event, it's placed in the discard pile

Please note then, in point 7.4.4, when Companion A is considered "winning", the "involved" group contains only "Companion A", as at the point when the "involved" group was created the Minion B was already in discard. Hence you can't play that trigger.

All of that seems accurate. The companion did indeed win a skirmish against that minion, and the minion lost to that companion.

The issue comes from when a companion is skirmishing multiple minions and one of them is removed. The removed minion did lose. But remember that a minion losing does not necessarily mean the other side automatically wins.
All cards do what they say, no more, no less.

April 18, 2012, 05:52:30 PM
Reply #812

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #812 on: April 18, 2012, 05:52:30 PM »
All of that seems accurate. The companion did indeed win a skirmish against that minion, and the minion lost to that companion.
No, as you can see in the detailed step-by-step explanation, the Companion did win a skirmish (step 7.4.1), but not "involving [quality]", as the minion was not in the skirmish at this point, and that's a definition of "involving". So you wouldn't be able to draw a card in this case (of one minion).

So to summarize:
If you follow your way of thinking, where minion "loses" mid-skirmish if removed from skirmish, you wouldn't be able to draw a card, and if there was more than 1 minion you would be able to draw a card.
If you follow my way of thinking, where when skirmish resolves game decides which characters are winning (=on the winning side and in skirmish when skirmish resolving) and losing (=on the losing side and in skirmish when skirmish resolving + all removed characters), you'd be able to draw a card in both cases.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 05:57:57 PM by MarcinS »
New/old way to play Lord of the Rings online.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

April 18, 2012, 05:52:49 PM
Reply #813

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #813 on: April 18, 2012, 05:52:49 PM »
MarcinS, I had two games were the server lag cost me the match today. The game is virtually unplayable on mobile today  ](*,)
There was a problem with the server today, and it should be ok now.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

April 18, 2012, 05:58:39 PM
Reply #814

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #814 on: April 18, 2012, 05:58:39 PM »
No, as you can see in the detailed step-by-step explanation, the Companion did win a skirmish, but not "involving [quality]", so you wouldn't be able to draw a card in this case (of one minion).

If the minion was in that skirmish, and the companion won, then the companion won against that minion. It doesn't matter if the minion was in the discard pile for some time between his death and the official resolution of the skirmish.

April 18, 2012, 06:03:30 PM
Reply #815

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #815 on: April 18, 2012, 06:03:30 PM »
No, as you can see in the detailed step-by-step explanation, the Companion did win a skirmish, but not "involving [quality]", so you wouldn't be able to draw a card in this case (of one minion).

If the minion was in that skirmish, and the companion won, then the companion won against that minion. It doesn't matter if the minion was in the discard pile for some time between his death and the official resolution of the skirmish.
If an effect is as follows: "when [quality1] wins a skirmish involving [quality2]" then by definition of "involving": "A character is "skirmishing" or in a skirmish "involving" that character only while the skirmish phase that character is assigned to is happening."

So, if the minion died and as a result of that death the skirmish resolves, it no longer (at the time of resolving) "involves" that minion. It's in the rules...
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

April 18, 2012, 06:06:45 PM
Reply #816

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #816 on: April 18, 2012, 06:06:45 PM »
Fair enough, then. I have a hard time following a lot of the language you have written to help Gemp enforce the rules, so I guess I misunderstood what you were intending there.

April 18, 2012, 06:43:13 PM
Reply #817

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #817 on: April 18, 2012, 06:43:13 PM »
Hi there posting a bug Rope and Winch didn´t add +2 str for mordor orc for each card discarded from hand more than fellow ... it only added +1.

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Floydos$qtiuphrvc0u3fsyd

April 19, 2012, 02:32:14 AM
Reply #818

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #818 on: April 19, 2012, 02:32:14 AM »
Hi there posting a bug Rope and Winch didn´t add +2 str for mordor orc for each card discarded from hand more than fellow ... it only added +1.

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Floydos$qtiuphrvc0u3fsyd
Fixed (after restart):
- "Rope and Winch" now adds +2 Strength, instead of +1 for each extra card discarded.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

April 19, 2012, 09:15:52 AM
Reply #819

hsiale

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #819 on: April 19, 2012, 09:15:52 AM »
Home page statistics (games played last 24h and players active last week) are down since yesterday's restart.

April 19, 2012, 09:30:34 AM
Reply #820

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #820 on: April 19, 2012, 09:30:34 AM »
Home page statistics (games played last 24h and players active last week) are down since yesterday's restart.
Yes, I was concerned it might have been slowing down the server (which wasn't the case) they will be back after next restart, this time working much more robust). I've added quite a lot of performance improvements since yesterday, so hopefully after next restart it should no longer get "slow periods".
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

April 21, 2012, 08:52:53 AM
Reply #821

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #821 on: April 21, 2012, 08:52:53 AM »
Hi, I don´t know that server was restarted but still Rope and Winch only add +1str for discarded card...

April 21, 2012, 10:30:37 AM
Reply #822

Shakaroz

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #822 on: April 21, 2012, 10:30:37 AM »
I dont know if this topic has been addressed before, but nevertheless I feel the need to bring it up.

When a player (free peoples or shadow) does not have any action to perform in a given phase the game automatically proceeds to the next phase. I feel this has serious implications for the game. It allows you to 'look' at your opponents hand and know what kind of cards he currently holds. As a consequence it is not possible to 'bluff' in different kinds of ways and it gives you or your opponent unintended information about the cards you are both holding.

Can this option, to automatically pass if no legal action can be taken, turned off? Has anyone else thought about this?

April 21, 2012, 10:51:32 AM
Reply #823

Kralik

« Reply #823 on: April 21, 2012, 10:51:32 AM »
I'm new to Gemp, but yes, you can turn it off. Look at the Settings tab while playing (near chat).

April 21, 2012, 02:09:52 PM
Reply #824

yox1

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #824 on: April 21, 2012, 02:09:52 PM »
I think Anarion text to make minion -X when playing event doesnt work.It happened when I played banners blowing just at begining
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=yox1$phn9agc7p4ax96xa