LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here  (Read 169164 times)

July 03, 2012, 01:35:01 PM
Reply #1065

Ishmar

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Re: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here
« Reply #1065 on: July 03, 2012, 01:35:01 PM »
Gorgoroth Officer 7R274 - Let you play a minion stacked on a site without discarding the 2 required cards

July 03, 2012, 04:39:20 PM
Reply #1066

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1066 on: July 03, 2012, 04:39:20 PM »
In game I had only assigment phase. It's not possible that skirmish phase had place, because neither of us didn't assign minions (both of us had frozen game). Game froze when the assigment phase started. About that was displayed, what do you mean?
Please click on the link you posted. The game clearly ends in Skirmish phase.
New/old way to play Lord of the Rings online.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

July 03, 2012, 04:43:41 PM
Reply #1067

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1067 on: July 03, 2012, 04:43:41 PM »
Gorgoroth Officer 7R274 - Let you play a minion stacked on a site without discarding the 2 required cards
Fixed (after restart):
- "Gorgoroth Officer" no longer allows to not discard cards from hand to play the minion.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

July 04, 2012, 01:57:32 AM
Reply #1068

Zielak

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #1068 on: July 04, 2012, 01:57:32 AM »
It's kinda strange because I didn't have skirmish phase (at least I didn't see it in game). In my mind skirimish in replay had place, but only to another. At the start of assigment game froze, and both of us were unable to assign. Maybe I was lagged and another assigned them, then there was skirmish and I conceded, right? It's possible but I've conceded in assigment phase. Maybe it was just connection problem or something.

July 04, 2012, 02:17:17 AM
Reply #1069

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1069 on: July 04, 2012, 02:17:17 AM »
It's kinda strange because I didn't have skirmish phase (at least I didn't see it in game). In my mind skirimish in replay had place, but only to another. At the start of assigment game froze, and both of us were unable to assign. Maybe I was lagged and another assigned them, then there was skirmish and I conceded, right? It's possible but I've conceded in assigment phase. Maybe it was just connection problem or something.
Yeah, probably.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

July 05, 2012, 04:39:36 AM
Reply #1070

flad_nag

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #1070 on: July 05, 2012, 04:39:36 AM »
"Herugrim, Sword of the Mark" seems to have a problem when activating to add 2 threats to prevent wound to Theoden.  Threats are added but Theoden still receives the wound.

July 05, 2012, 04:49:50 AM
Reply #1071

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1071 on: July 05, 2012, 04:49:50 AM »
"Herugrim, Sword of the Mark" seems to have a problem when activating to add 2 threats to prevent wound to Theoden.  Threats are added but Theoden still receives the wound.
I will need a game replay link for that one, as the code looks fine.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

July 05, 2012, 05:56:43 PM
Reply #1072

Imrahil

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #1072 on: July 05, 2012, 05:56:43 PM »
I'm sure you already know this from others, but in the WOTR Sealed League the site "Harrowdale" is triggering all over the place.  The freeps player can be at site 7 with Harrowdale as site 4 and it will still prevent a minion from being fierce.

I can provide a link:

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Imrahil$poi5widm59f9vihw

For the record, I would also love love LOVE having fast-forward and rewind buttons on the replays.
Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

-Dave Barry

July 06, 2012, 03:23:53 AM
Reply #1073

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1073 on: July 06, 2012, 03:23:53 AM »
I'm sure you already know this from others, but in the WOTR Sealed League the site "Harrowdale" is triggering all over the place.  The freeps player can be at site 7 with Harrowdale as site 4 and it will still prevent a minion from being fierce.

I can provide a link:

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Imrahil$poi5widm59f9vihw

I made another change to the card (after restart):
- "Harrowdale" now works only until the start of the regroup phase, but both if you moved to and moved out of "Harrowdale". So if you move out of "Harrowdale" during the regroup phase, it will still work until next regroup.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

July 07, 2012, 03:48:39 AM
Reply #1074

tanzhamster

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #1074 on: July 07, 2012, 03:48:39 AM »
and i still think that this is wrong. rohirrim camp doesn't work on site 3 either even if you moved in regroup. stewards tomb would have to pevent wounds on site six too than, but thats not happening. site do only have an effekt on the game when you are on that site or when they include the phrase "until the end of the turn".

July 07, 2012, 04:26:54 AM
Reply #1075

hsiale

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #1075 on: July 07, 2012, 04:26:54 AM »
I agree. The rulebook says "Sites are always active. A site's game text cannot be used unless the fellowship is there" So the skirmish involving a [Rohan] man has to happen at Harrowdale, and then the minion cannot be fierce until the nearest regroup phase (which will usually happen at Harrowdale, one exception that comes to my mind is if the skirmish was started due to A Dark Shape Sprang played).

July 07, 2012, 01:09:20 PM
Reply #1076

Merrick_H

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #1076 on: July 07, 2012, 01:09:20 PM »
I think there is a bug in the way assignments are processed.

Per the comprehensive rules 4.0 - "assignment phase"

Once all assignments have been made, they take effect simultaneously. (See action.)

The way the game is currently treating it, the free people's player creates an assignment, and then the shadow player creates an assignment.  This is important because it currently triggers Desperate Defense of the Ring both when the free people's player assigns a minion and when the shadow player assigns a minion.

I would argue that there is only one assignment (even though minions are assigned by the shadow player and the free people's player) since the assignments take effect simultaneously rather than concurrently.

To see an example of this behavior please see the game linked below (very last assignment phase):
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Merrick H$4ws94n1ubx81q5er

July 07, 2012, 03:28:37 PM
Reply #1077

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1077 on: July 07, 2012, 03:28:37 PM »
I agree. The rulebook says "Sites are always active. A site's game text cannot be used unless the fellowship is there" So the skirmish involving a [Rohan] man has to happen at Harrowdale, and then the minion cannot be fierce until the nearest regroup phase (which will usually happen at Harrowdale, one exception that comes to my mind is if the skirmish was started due to A Dark Shape Sprang played).
Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on this one. But bibfortuna25 who seems to be considered a "rule guru" was against it, and there was even a thread about this (as I have pointed out), so please first read it, and don't start the discussion from the start:
http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php/topic,7727.msg75757.html
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

July 07, 2012, 03:32:58 PM
Reply #1078

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1078 on: July 07, 2012, 03:32:58 PM »
I think there is a bug in the way assignments are processed.

Per the comprehensive rules 4.0 - "assignment phase"

Once all assignments have been made, they take effect simultaneously. (See action.)

The way the game is currently treating it, the free people's player creates an assignment, and then the shadow player creates an assignment.  This is important because it currently triggers Desperate Defense of the Ring both when the free people's player assigns a minion and when the shadow player assigns a minion.

I would argue that there is only one assignment (even though minions are assigned by the shadow player and the free people's player) since the assignments take effect simultaneously rather than concurrently.

To see an example of this behavior please see the game linked below (very last assignment phase):
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Merrick H$4ws94n1ubx81q5er

I'm not really sure, but the following paragraph in the rules suggests otherwise:
The creation of leftover minions happens only when the Free Peoples player is done making assignments. If an assigned minion subsequently becomes unassigned as a result of a card's game text (e.g. a triggered ability), it is not a leftover minion and is not eligible to be assigned by the Shadow player.
If they were assigned at the same time (both FP player and shadow player), then the situation above wouldn't be even possible, as no effect would be playable between FP player assigning and shadow player assigning.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

July 07, 2012, 04:44:39 PM
Reply #1079

Merrick_H

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #1079 on: July 07, 2012, 04:44:39 PM »
I'm not really sure, but the following paragraph in the rules suggests otherwise:
The creation of leftover minions happens only when the Free Peoples player is done making assignments. If an assigned minion subsequently becomes unassigned as a result of a card's game text (e.g. a triggered ability), it is not a leftover minion and is not eligible to be assigned by the Shadow player.
If they were assigned at the same time (both FP player and shadow player), then the situation above wouldn't be even possible, as no effect would be playable between FP player assigning and shadow player assigning.

To me that only precludes the possibility that a minion that becomes "unassigned" during the assignment phase from becoming a leftover minion and able to be assigned by the shadow player.

I can see where you are coming from, however since it does specifically mention timing, that "all assignments take effect simultaneously" I would argue that there is only one trigger for DDotR at the end of the assignment phase.  Otherwise it should trigger with each minion that is assigned by either the shadow player or the free people's player.

Here is how I believe that Decipher intended it:

Assignment actions take place, that can only result in one-on-one assignments.
Once both players pass the free people's player assigns any currently un-assigned minions (that they want to) to remaining un-assigned companions (accounting for Defender bonuses)
Any leftover minions may be assigned by the shadow player (if they want)
Once the shadow player indicates he is done, the assignments all "latch" at the same time and any "each time" assignment triggers happen then.