LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here  (Read 169165 times)

October 24, 2012, 07:11:49 AM
Reply #1260

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Re: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here
« Reply #1260 on: October 24, 2012, 07:11:49 AM »
The rules specifically state that if a cost is prevented or otherwise unable to be paid, the action has no effect. I can't make that any clearer. The rulebook then gives one such example with Grishnakh. That doesn't mean that ALL such preventions have to be done in the same manner as Grishnakh; he's just one example.

Elessar's Edict falls under that same heading. The cost of SFTF is placing a companion in the dead pile; Elessar's Edict discards the Wraith instead. Therefore, SFTF can't pull the 3 [Gondor] cards because SFTF's cost wasn't paid.

That rule is already in the system. For example, if Morgul Destroyer is played and FP chooses to wound the Ring-bearer, but then uses the Ring's text to take a burden instead of a wound, the Destroyer still adds the threats.

When Scouring is used, it prevents the Shadow action that is discarding that [Shire] possession. In order to attempt to discard that card again, the Shadow player would need to play a second Marauder.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 07:30:49 AM by bibfortuna25 »
All cards do what they say, no more, no less.

October 24, 2012, 07:37:16 AM
Reply #1261

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1261 on: October 24, 2012, 07:37:16 AM »
The rules specifically state that if a cost is prevented or otherwise unable to be paid, the action has no effect. I can't make that any clearer. The rulebook then gives one such example with Grishnakh. That doesn't mean that ALL such preventions have to be done in the same manner as Grishnakh; he's just one example.
No, the rule you quoted (cost entry in Comprehensive Rules) doesn't even have a "prevent" or "prevented" word in it, which is exactly my point. For me, there is a distinction between preventing a cost and not being able to pay the cost. Maybe for LotR rules as well as for you there is no difference, but rules do not specify it. For me it's a stretch to use a "being unable to pay the cost" rule to cover the "were able to pay the cost, but it was prevented" situation.

Elessar's Edict falls under that same heading. The cost of SFTF is placing a companion in the dead pile; Elessar's Edict discards the Wraith instead. Therefore, SFTF can't pull the 3 [Gondor] cards because SFTF's cost wasn't paid.
Agreed, it falls under the same heading as Corsair Marauder and Scouring of the Shire, but we have not established, how this works yet, so lets not jump to conclusion.

That rule is already in the system. For example, if Morgul Destroyer is played and FP chooses to wound the Ring-bearer, but then uses the Ring's text to take a burden instead of a wound, the Destroyer still adds the threats.
You are confusing multiple rules, this example (with Morgul Destroyer and Ring) is covered by effect entry in Comprehensive Rules: "If something happens to prevent one effect which in turn would have prevented a second effect, the second effect is performed."
New/old way to play Lord of the Rings online.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

October 24, 2012, 07:57:28 AM
Reply #1262

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1262 on: October 24, 2012, 07:57:28 AM »
Okay, I think this might be a legitimate bug:

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=sgtdraino$a7mpp80l3a28or6v

Gimli is 1 point away from being corrupted at the end, and he has the ring on. The skirmish is about to resolve, so I use Gimli's Helm to prevent all other wounds to him. Somehow, Gimli takes a burden from the skirmish anyway, and corrupts. The ring says, "each time he or she is about to take a wound, add a burden instead." Well, Gimli shouldn't have been about to take any wounds, because Gimli's Helm had been discarded to prevent them all.
Finally fixed (after restart):
- If two (or more) required before actions happen, FP player has a choice which one to play first. If that action prevents the effect, other required actions that depend on that effect will no longer be playable.

So in your case above, FP player will be presented with a choice of using either the Helm's prevent effect, or Ring's burder instead effect. If he chooses the Helm, wound will be prevented and burden will not be placed.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

October 24, 2012, 08:14:15 AM
Reply #1263

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1263 on: October 24, 2012, 08:14:15 AM »
There is no distinction between preventing a cost and not being able to pay a cost. If a cost is paid, the action will have its result, unless the result itself is prevented. If the cost is not paid, the result will not occur.

Both the Marauder/Scouring and SFTF/Edict fall under this category. If you don't discard a possession, you don't get the tokens. If you don't kill a companion, you can't pull 3 cards out of your deck.

October 24, 2012, 08:26:23 AM
Reply #1264

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1264 on: October 24, 2012, 08:26:23 AM »
There is no distinction between preventing a cost and not being able to pay a cost. If a cost is paid, the action will have its result, unless the result itself is prevented. If the cost is not paid, the result will not occur.

Both the Marauder/Scouring and SFTF/Edict fall under this category. If you don't discard a possession, you don't get the tokens. If you don't kill a companion, you can't pull 3 cards out of your deck.
Ok, I'll change it to that effect.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

October 24, 2012, 02:51:24 PM
Reply #1265

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
« Reply #1265 on: October 24, 2012, 02:51:24 PM »
Just a reminder on the whole Muster issue. :D
"I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king." - Boromir

October 25, 2012, 02:19:09 AM
Reply #1266

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1266 on: October 25, 2012, 02:19:09 AM »
Just a reminder on the whole Muster issue. :D
The change is already live:
- Changed how Muster works now. At the start of the regroup phase, one of your muster cards will light up (unfortunately all optional effects have to be used via cards). If you want to use Muster, just click the card (right-click to be sure what effect you're using). Then you choose which cards you want to discard, up to the number of Muster cards you have. All cards are discarded and then you draw an equal number of cards.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

October 25, 2012, 03:42:40 PM
Reply #1267

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
« Reply #1267 on: October 25, 2012, 03:42:40 PM »
great job! :D

October 25, 2012, 11:39:56 PM
Reply #1268

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1268 on: October 25, 2012, 11:39:56 PM »
It's not letting me play Sealed this week. The system says I don't own a copy of a card when I actually do own it. I clearly do own a copy of Gandalf, BoO, but when I add him into my deck and try to start a game, it says I don't own a copy of him.

Please fix ASAP. Do whatever you have to do to make this work.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 12:03:07 AM by bibfortuna25 »

October 26, 2012, 11:38:57 PM
Reply #1269

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1269 on: October 26, 2012, 11:38:57 PM »
This still hasn't been fixed! Please expedite this so I can actually play a Sealed game.

October 27, 2012, 04:08:57 AM
Reply #1270

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
« Reply #1270 on: October 27, 2012, 04:08:57 AM »
Think I gotta bug:

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=sgtdraino$2huksqm3bhkdclei

When I am at site 5, I attempted to use the text of Denethor, Last Ruling Steward to exert a minion twice. It would only allow me to select targets who had at least three vitality. Since this is an effect, not a cost, I believe it should have allowed me to select any target I wanted, and then that target would have to exert as many times as it could. From Comprehensive Rules 4.0:

Effect

If the effect of a card or special ability requires
you to perform an action and you cannot, you
must perform as much as you can and ignore the
rest. (See limit.)

October 27, 2012, 06:28:32 AM
Reply #1271

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1271 on: October 27, 2012, 06:28:32 AM »
The effect rules also state that if you are choosing between multiple targets, you must choose the one that you are most fully able to perform. Ergo, if there is a minion with 3 vitality, that is the one you have to exert. If all available minions have 2 vitality, then you can choose which one to exert.

October 27, 2012, 06:50:57 AM
Reply #1272

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
« Reply #1272 on: October 27, 2012, 06:50:57 AM »
ah ok. i dont think i made any more attempts after they were initialy inicated as nontargets

October 28, 2012, 11:10:16 AM
Reply #1273

Arcanite

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #1273 on: October 28, 2012, 11:10:16 AM »
Ok, I've played several games fine, but now the following has occurred. I have 1 foil and 1 non foil tireless in sealed, but when i click to add the foil one to my deck it adds a normal one, and when i go to play a game, I can't. I played all of Serie 2 with this working, and 2 games in serie 3.

Can this be fixed ASAP?

October 28, 2012, 06:44:23 PM
Reply #1274

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1274 on: October 28, 2012, 06:44:23 PM »
Maybe that's the same problem I'm having with the foil copy of Gandalf I pulled.