LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here  (Read 169216 times)

December 15, 2012, 08:58:25 PM
Reply #1410

mardukra

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
Re: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here
« Reply #1410 on: December 15, 2012, 08:58:25 PM »
Again, 'discard from play' does not care where the card ends up.  You play the action on Just a Nuisance and he leaves play (discarded.)  
By default the card hits the discard pile because it was discarded. Alternatively, it could land on Earthborn because it was discarded.  
Either way it was discarded. Where the card ends up is in essence more an effect [of the discard] than a cost.  Pippin's effect will resolve as normal regardless of where he's discarded to.  

discard
The default meaning of the word "discard" is
"discard from play." Discarding from other
locations (such as from your hand or from the
top of your draw deck) is always specified.
Cards are discarded one at a time so all players
can see which cards are being discarded.
When you discard a companion or ally to use
its game text or as a result of some other effect,
place that card in your discard pile (not your
dead pile).

As shown, the definition itself has a "when you" trigger followed by an effect.

Bib, I had followed your logic for years, "You know this to be true..."
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 09:12:01 PM by mardukra »

December 15, 2012, 10:01:10 PM
Reply #1411

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1411 on: December 15, 2012, 10:01:10 PM »
The difference is, JaN is a COST. If the cost of an action is replaced by something else, then the effect of that action does not occur. The rules clearly spell this out. And unfortunately, because Earthborn uses the words "about to" and "instead," there is no way we can get around this.

Most copies of The One Ring use the same phrases as Earthborn. If you try to prevent Morgul Destroyer from adding threats, you can't use the Ring's text to convert the wound into a burden. Or rather, you can do that, but since you didn't wound the Ring-bearer, the Destroyer will still add his threats.

Also, take a look at GBHB. It functions similarly to how Earthborn does, but the wording in its game text is quite different. Thus, it does work with the [Isengard] regroup Orcs for the same reason why Earthborn doesn't work with JaN.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 04:41:57 AM by bibfortuna25 »
All cards do what they say, no more, no less.

December 16, 2012, 06:33:35 AM
Reply #1412

radry

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #1412 on: December 16, 2012, 06:33:35 AM »
1) format detection is broken in deck builder:

adding legal sites for a standard deck the detection always complains:
"Deck contains x sites with twilight number of y" no matter what sites I choose.

edit: ok only max. 3 sites with same twilight cost allowed, but that should be mentioned in the error...

2) standard format shows sites from exp. 10

when selecting "standard" and "site" as filter in deck builder, it shows sites from expansion 10 although only site from 11 onward are allowed.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 06:45:02 AM by radry »

December 16, 2012, 07:53:05 AM
Reply #1413

Helkadal

« Reply #1413 on: December 16, 2012, 07:53:05 AM »
Concerning GBHB, let's assume discarding an  [Isengard] orc was the cost to perform a regroup action. I decide to use GBHB to stack it there. Would I or the other player still get the effect of that regroup action? Let's assume I had to discard my [Isengard] Orc to heal another [Isengard] Orc. Would that second [Isengard] Orc still be healed?

December 16, 2012, 08:04:52 AM
Reply #1414

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1414 on: December 16, 2012, 08:04:52 AM »
GBHB can catch any [Isengard] Orc that was discarded by a regroup action, whether as a cost (like via the various Orcs' game texts) or as an effect (like with Gondor's Vengeance). Look at its wording and compare it to Earthborn's. They are similar yet distinctly different in their wordings, and that makes all the difference. So yes, when you stack an Orc on GBHB, you still get the effect of making the FP wound a companion.

For the record, you cannot discard a minion from hand to heal a minion in play; that action only applies to companions and allies.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 08:06:29 AM by bibfortuna25 »

December 16, 2012, 08:11:31 AM
Reply #1415

Hobbiton Lad

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
  • Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
« Reply #1415 on: December 16, 2012, 08:11:31 AM »
GBHB can catch any [Isengard] Orc that was discarded by a regroup action, whether as a cost (like via the various Orcs' game texts) or as an effect (like with Gondor's Vengeance). Look at its wording and compare it to Earthborn's. They are similar yet distinctly different in their wordings, and that makes all the difference. So yes, when you stack an Orc on GBHB, you still get the effect of making the FP wound a companion.

I agree. If Treebeard, Earthborn were worded like this, there wouldn't be a problem.

"Each time an unbound Hobbit is discarded, you may stack that Hobbit here."

That way it wouldn't be construed as replacing the cost of discarding Pippin, Just a Nuisance.

December 16, 2012, 08:18:22 AM
Reply #1416

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1416 on: December 16, 2012, 08:18:22 AM »
You got it! I think Decipher had intended Earthborn to work with JaN, but unfortunately, intent is meaningless. We have to go by the words that are printed on the cards and in the CRD.

December 16, 2012, 08:18:49 AM
Reply #1417

Helkadal

« Reply #1417 on: December 16, 2012, 08:18:49 AM »
Ok, I think I get it now.

For the record, you cannot discard a minion from hand to heal a minion in play; that action only applies to companions and allies.

For the record (don't wanna sound stupid lol), I meant if there was on Orc in play which had a text saying you could discard it to heal another one ;)

December 16, 2012, 10:38:14 AM
Reply #1418

Tbiesty

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #1418 on: December 16, 2012, 10:38:14 AM »
Might of Numenor is still asking me to choose characters to heal if the revealed card's twilight cost is 0.  (It then says "Something went wrong.").

Plains of Rohan Camp makes me heal 3 wounds instead of allowing me to heal "up to" 3 wounds; so for example, I cannot stop healing after healing 2 wounds.

December 16, 2012, 12:33:54 PM
Reply #1419

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1419 on: December 16, 2012, 12:33:54 PM »
Might of Numenor is still asking me to choose characters to heal if the revealed card's twilight cost is 0.  (It then says "Something went wrong.").
When did you test it? Was the "Change log" in game showing this as being fixed? The fix was applied on the live server about 15 minutes ago.

Plains of Rohan Camp makes me heal 3 wounds instead of allowing me to heal "up to" 3 wounds; so for example, I cannot stop healing after healing 2 wounds.
Fixed (after restart):
- "Plains of Rohan Camp" now allows to heal "up to" 3 wounds, not just 3 wounds.
New/old way to play Lord of the Rings online.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

December 16, 2012, 01:23:25 PM
Reply #1420

Tbiesty

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #1420 on: December 16, 2012, 01:23:25 PM »
When did you test it? Was the "Change log" in game showing this as being fixed? The fix was applied on the live server about 15 minutes ago.

I do all playing and testing on my local server (which was up-to-date as of this morning).

The problem looks to be in ChooseActiveCardsEffect.java (line 79), there is an "if" instead of an "else if".

December 16, 2012, 01:48:52 PM
Reply #1421

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1421 on: December 16, 2012, 01:48:52 PM »
The problem looks to be in ChooseActiveCardsEffect.java (line 79), there is an "if" instead of an "else if".
Indeed, will be fixed after restart.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

December 17, 2012, 06:36:32 AM
Reply #1422

drfcool

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #1422 on: December 17, 2012, 06:36:32 AM »
Hi,

I can't save more than 2 decks. It doesn't appear on the list. Any idea why?

December 17, 2012, 08:42:10 AM
Reply #1423

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1423 on: December 17, 2012, 08:42:10 AM »
I can't save more than 2 decks. It doesn't appear on the list. Any idea why?
Please describe the steps and what the computer shows/does when you do that, and also why do you think a new deck was not saved. This worked correctly for me, so most likely you're doing something wrong, or your validation that it's not working is incorrect.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

December 17, 2012, 10:05:43 AM
Reply #1424

drfcool

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #1424 on: December 17, 2012, 10:05:43 AM »
Hello,

The case was:

Build the deck.

Click Save.

Doesn't show up.

2 or 3 hours later. Shows up.

So the decks were saved apparently. But they didn't show on the deck stack. This leads me to the following questions:

How do you update your deck library ? Are you doing it thru JSON? How are you saving the decks to the database? If you have a buffer that writes after a specific  amount of time, that would justify this case because i looked for the deck right after saving it, otherwise i don't understand.

There is also another possibility, which would depend on the database engine you are using.

On my side, i could help you solve the issue even code-wise. But i would have to understand how you are doing it.

PS: Congratulations on the software. I really like it.