LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here  (Read 169213 times)

March 29, 2013, 12:38:35 PM
Reply #1785

Cthulhu

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
Re: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here
« Reply #1785 on: March 29, 2013, 12:38:35 PM »
Just made 100 000 gold by selling 9 copies of Unheard Of...
My current Gemp Tengwar count: 133 + 4

March 29, 2013, 01:26:03 PM
Reply #1786

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
« Reply #1786 on: March 29, 2013, 01:26:03 PM »
This merchant stuff is just really stupid. I get that he's trying to simulate a real-world economy, but (1) it's not working, and (2) I don't see the point.

The merchant should never be completely out of a card, because in real life, if I want a card, even years later, I can still find a place to buy it if I really want it bad enough.

There should definitely be a cap on prices, because (1) like others have said, nobody in real life is going to pay the insane numbers we've seen for some cards in the merchant, and (2) price caps help minimize opportunities to exploit the current merchant system.

Speaking of which: I am now hearing of a scenario where unscrupulous players are using multiple duplicate new accounts to buy up a single card in order to drive the price up insanely, so that they can then sell it back to the merchant with their main account and make a killer profit.

To top it off, the other rumor I'm hearing is that all this crazy merchant stuff currently going on is slowing down Gemp, making it hard to do the most important thing of all: HAVE FUN PLAYING THE GAME.

So PLEASE fix the problem. I suggest:

1. Merchant has an unlimited supply of cards.
2. No card will ever sell for more than 200g.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 01:27:48 PM by sgtdraino »
"I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king." - Boromir

March 29, 2013, 03:03:33 PM
Reply #1787

skookum

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #1787 on: March 29, 2013, 03:03:33 PM »
Merry, Impatient Hobbit's effect does not heal Gandalf culture companions when he is discarded.

March 29, 2013, 03:18:49 PM
Reply #1788

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1788 on: March 29, 2013, 03:18:49 PM »
Did you use Earthborn to catch Merry?
All cards do what they say, no more, no less.

March 29, 2013, 04:02:50 PM
Reply #1789

Kralik

« Reply #1789 on: March 29, 2013, 04:02:50 PM »
Speaking of which: I am now hearing of a scenario where unscrupulous players are using multiple duplicate new accounts to buy up a single card in order to drive the price up insanely, so that they can then sell it back to the merchant with their main account and make a killer profit.

The Gemp economy is completely broken. There's no need to have multiple accounts to drive a card price up and make a killer profit. I tried buying packs for the very first time today, selling cards when I could for 40-50 gold here and there, but with some simple logic I realized a way to become filthy, filthy rich. Even if you capped card prices, it's not difficult to accomplish--it would just take a little more time.

March 29, 2013, 04:03:16 PM
Reply #1790

JakeA

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #1790 on: March 29, 2013, 04:03:16 PM »
Same problem with n_gognito_..I found today 1 copy of mauhar and i sold him for 800k but when i logged in few minutes ago i had 65 gold..What happened??I mean my gold just disappeared.
My gemp name Nandir.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the variable used to store the money value for each account.  It caps somewhere between 80k and 300k and if you exceed the cap, weird things happen to your money total.

Cards at least cap at 255 of each cleanly; if you have more than that GEMP just puts you at 255.

I would fully support a capped buy/sell price on any card in the game.

March 30, 2013, 06:17:49 AM
Reply #1791

Ricardo

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #1791 on: March 30, 2013, 06:17:49 AM »
Can someone please explain to me how come yesterday I had 650 000 gold and today I have 6220!!! I spent 5 hours buying boosters, looking for overpriced cards! I don't care for imaginary gold but if you can not bring me my 5 hours backs, you can bring my gold back!!! And I don't care if economy is broken, this is not my fault!  ](*,)

March 30, 2013, 06:57:53 AM
Reply #1792

Cthulhu

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #1792 on: March 30, 2013, 06:57:53 AM »
Its explained in the post just above yours... Besides what do you needed so much gold for? I keep mine around 100k and dont have any problems, and i have every rare i would ever play, have foiled my decks and still am able to buy whatever i need (not that there is any)..
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 07:02:37 AM by Cthulhu »

March 30, 2013, 08:28:17 AM
Reply #1793

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
« Reply #1793 on: March 30, 2013, 08:28:17 AM »
Can someone please explain to me how come yesterday I had 650 000 gold and today I have 6220!!! I spent 5 hours buying boosters, looking for overpriced cards! I don't care for imaginary gold but if you can not bring me my 5 hours backs, you can bring my gold back!!! And I don't care if economy is broken, this is not my fault!  ](*,)

Dude, if you spent 5 hours buying boosters and looking for overpriced cards, then you are part of the problem. Stop slowing down Gemp so we can all get back to playing, please.
"I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king." - Boromir

March 30, 2013, 11:47:07 AM
Reply #1794

Invincible

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #1794 on: March 30, 2013, 11:47:07 AM »
You guys complaining and asking Marcins to do this or that right the second something happens should realy learn to give the guy a break. You are not his boss and seems to take his time for granted. It's not like you paid for your Gemp account, it's a hobby. My fear is that if we don't stop harrassing him with all our complaints he'll care less and less about it if this all becomes a pain in the shorts...

March 30, 2013, 12:03:25 PM
Reply #1795

Ricardo

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #1795 on: March 30, 2013, 12:03:25 PM »
Problem is spam buying, I don't do that, because I know how frustrating is when game is jammed  :(

I bought 250 boosters, waiting each one to open, wanting one card, found it, sold it, got the gold so that I can buy cards and foil them but the next mourning money's gone... :o

March 30, 2013, 12:09:51 PM
Reply #1796

sdevelyn

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #1796 on: March 30, 2013, 12:09:51 PM »
I think that everyone would agree that the merchant is currently broken. I think that a temporary fix that prevents buying and selling of cards while the admins have time to figure out what went wrong is in order first and foremost. Whether or not there is a reset will be up to the admins. We play thanks to them, and we need to let them take whatever time is needed.

That being said, here is my proposed solution assuming that any glitches get fixed. As a fair warning, I am an economist in real life so this might get technical.

To be clear, the two most important aspects of the game economy are efficiency and equity. You want a system that can help fairly allocate cards to the people that desire them the most. While inequality will arise, we want to make sure that new players do not face an enormous start-up cost.

I, for one, fully support the basic platform that was implemented here on Gemp. I like that cards are not traded between players, as this can lead to collusion and make it extra difficult for new players who will not have a good idea what cards are worth and will therefore be vulnerable to being taken advantage of. The current system favors transparency, which will especially help new players. I also support the 30% spread between the buy price and the sell price for most cards. This will decrease the incentive for speculation which in theory should help stabilize prices.

But obviously we did not see stable prices, so what can be done about it? First, it is important to realize that if there are X rares in a set, then spending 10*X will net you an average of one of each rare. Therefore, the most that a rare should EVER sell for is 10*X.

If this was real life, packs cost $10 each, and there were 60 rares in a set, then what would a merchant do if they were offered $600 for a card? They would open packs to find one! While we could have the merchant randomly open packs until one was opened, it might be easier for the merchant to just automatically get 1 of each rare (and an appropriate number of uncommons and commons) and immediately sell them all to itself. This will keep the price of the offending card at less than $600 and will reduce the price of all other cards in the set. [technically, it would also be nice if the same system happened when the total sell price of all the rares exceeded 10*X, but that might be harder to implement.]

In the current system, the same stabilization process takes place, except you have actual people spending time opening packs just to sell the rares. This takes time and bandwidth. It also favors the more wealthy individuals as they have the luxury of having a lot of wealth to invest in buying packs.

Perhaps I have already written too much. In closing, I will simply mention other aspects that will need to be addressed.
1. The fixed cards and promo cards that are not available from packs - make them prizes that cannot be bought or sold?
2. Common/Uncommon staples with a high price but that cannot be sold (like boromir, hobbit swords) - allow them to be sold at dramatically lower prices?
3. Other price fluxuations - perhaps the method that prices get adjusted will also need another look.

Thank you to all who help make this game wonderful. Please keep up the good work. Also, let me know if there is any way I can help. Again, I really appreciate what you do.

March 30, 2013, 12:46:06 PM
Reply #1797

Cthulhu

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #1797 on: March 30, 2013, 12:46:06 PM »
I think that a temporary fix that prevents buying and selling of cards while the admins have time to figure out what went wrong is in order first and foremost.

This. Just turn off that thing if possible so we can play without lag.

March 30, 2013, 02:53:52 PM
Reply #1798

Kralik

« Reply #1798 on: March 30, 2013, 02:53:52 PM »
Problem is spam buying, I don't do that, because I know how frustrating is when game is jammed  :(

I bought 250 boosters, waiting each one to open, wanting one card, found it, sold it, got the gold so that I can buy cards and foil them but the next mourning money's gone... :o

It's extremely simple to get your gold back if it matters than much to you, and it doesn't involve spam buying/opening packs. You have enough to buy a good six hundred packs still... what do you really need?

March 31, 2013, 06:58:07 AM
Reply #1799

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
« Reply #1799 on: March 31, 2013, 06:58:07 AM »
Does anyone else have a problem with not being able to type in the lobby? Every time it loads for me i get a pop up that says i timed out and have to refresh the page to rejoin and the text box goes pink and I can't communicate. I can type in games but can't talk in the lobby for whatever reason.

NK
If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?