LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Cirdan Elves - Corsairs  (Read 7299 times)

May 16, 2010, 02:10:30 AM
Read 7299 times

MuadDib85

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 05:40:01 AM by MuadDib »

May 16, 2010, 03:40:25 AM
Reply #1

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
Re: Cirdan Elves - Corsairs
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 03:40:25 AM »
I would add Fierce in Despair. It is such a good card and can be really important to break huge ents, to discard Gandalf or another key companion such as Durin.
Also I personally prefer more Ships of Great Draught. I think it is an essential card for corsairs to get back Black Sails etc. You can play 1, and if not needed discard other copies for extra tokens.
Wouldn't you consider another Arwen? I mean, you do not play archery, so maybe the one from RotK, or even DoE as a Nazgul bane?
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

May 16, 2010, 05:38:45 AM
Reply #2

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 05:38:45 AM »
I would remove a copy of each of your corsairs that already have 4. Remeber that you can play them for discard or put them at top of deck when needed. That would leave you more room to add nice minions like Black Numenorean and Corsair Brute. I dont think you need Corsair War Galley X4. Red Wrath is always a nice card to use with Castamir + halberd. I would go with more halberds as well.

May 16, 2010, 07:35:30 AM
Reply #3

Marcoliboar

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 07:35:30 AM »
one word. broken XD

May 16, 2010, 07:36:19 AM
Reply #4

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 07:36:19 AM »
What do you think of another Glimpse of Fate? I mean, you've got 4x Elven Sword, so you'll loose initiative pretty often.

I actually don't see why you have Arwen in here; there's no wounding, just strength manipulation. I'd really play Greenleaf or intitiative Legolas if you wanna rely on the Glimpse of Fate. A bit risky but pretty nice is The Tale of Gil-Galad for Cirdan, but I'm not sure if you wanna go that way...

May 16, 2010, 08:10:51 AM
Reply #5

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 08:10:51 AM »
1 Stand Against Darkness is always fun in case you meet Grond. I recommend adding another Glimpse of Faith as well. You could also use That Is No Orc Horn instead of Must be a dream.

May 16, 2010, 08:30:18 PM
Reply #6

MuadDib85

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 08:30:18 PM »
I would add Fierce in Despair. It is such a good card and can be really important to break huge ents, to discard Gandalf or another key companion such as Durin.
Also I personally prefer more Ships of Great Draught. I think it is an essential card for corsairs to get back Black Sails etc. You can play 1, and if not needed discard other copies for extra tokens.
Wouldn't you consider another Arwen? I mean, you do not play archery, so maybe the one from RotK, or even DoE as a Nazgul bane?
I still think this QOEAM is the most consistant Arwen even without any archery/wounding in the deck. Alot of minions in movie block have to exert to use their ability. I'll add 1x Fierce in Despair. I usually grab ships of great draught with the first boatswain that comes along, SOGD is usually always the first target of any Roll of Thunder, so chances are you'll loose both anyway if your opponent is using Gandalf/Barliman.

I would remove a copy of each of your corsairs that already have 4. Remeber that you can play them for discard or put them at top of deck when needed. That would leave you more room to add nice minions like Black Numenorean and Corsair Brute. I dont think you need Corsair War Galley X4. Red Wrath is always a nice card to use with Castamir + halberd. I would go with more halberds as well.
I personally don't like Black Numenorean or Corsair Brute, if another type of corsair were to be added I would choose Corsair Ruffian. Another halberd would be nice, I will remove 1x Corsair War Galley and add 1x Raider Halberd. I chose whirling strike instead of Red Wrath because there is no Raider bow.

What do you think of another Glimpse of Fate? I mean, you've got 4x Elven Sword, so you'll loose initiative pretty often.

I actually don't see why you have Arwen in here; there's no wounding, just strength manipulation. I'd really play Greenleaf or intitiative Legolas if you wanna rely on the Glimpse of Fate. A bit risky but pretty nice is The Tale of Gil-Galad for Cirdan, but I'm not sure if you wanna go that way...
I have tried this deck with greenleaf instead of Arwen. I don't like having to kill off Legolas if facing Enduring Nazgul. There are only five companions in the deck, I know alot of people with run more with such a deck, but I like trying to keep everyone alive in this case. It seems I need a second Glimpse of Fate though..

1 Stand Against Darkness is always fun in case you meet Grond. I recommend adding another Glimpse of Faith as well. You could also use That Is No Orc Horn instead of Must be a dream.

Might try 1x Stand Against Darkness. I like the possible double heal of must be a dream (I was running four copies).

May 17, 2010, 05:15:30 AM
Reply #7

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 05:15:30 AM »
   I didn't used any Black Numenorean until some time ago, when i realized i was losing a few game due to lack of fierce minions at site 9. Numenorean is a guy that wins his 2 skirmished often (cause his ability along with war galley clean possession stuff from the companion he is fighting) and he haves 3 vitality with is nice to exert with halberd and add some pool for events. And the best stuff is... he isn't unique! Brute is more useful if you go for wounding, he is awesome countering companions like Cirdan and Eowyn, LoI. and with red wrath he turns into a killer machine. Red Wrath works nicely even without the bows, if you play Castamir + Halberd you will probably have plenty of pool to play with. Also remember that if your opponents know you runs it every assign will be a tough decision for him/her in many cases.

For the elves i woul run Legolas, GL instead of Arwen, QoEaM but that is more a personal preference. Like CWork said i would go for That is No Orc Horn instead of Must Be a Dream. Sam, SoH is always a good splash in elven decks, i would or add 1 copy or remove something to add more copies of elf-song. Glimpse of Fate is a key condition for fighting elves, i would add one more in case it got discarded and to draw early on.

May 17, 2010, 05:49:41 AM
Reply #8

MuadDib85

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 05:49:41 AM »
Deck has been modified.

Free Peoples:
Out:
Arwen, QoEAM x1
Asfaloth x1
Gwemegil x1
Elven Sword x1
Must Be a Dream x2
Vilya x1

In:
Legolas, Greenleaf x1
Glimpse of Fate x1
Cirdan, The Shipwright x1
That Is No Orc Horn x2
Still Needed x1
Company of Archers x1
Elf Song x1

Shadow:
Out:
Whirling Strike x1
Corsair Buccaneer x1
Corsair Lookout x1
Corsair Freebooter x1
Corsair Boatswain x1
Corsair War Galley x1

In:
Raider Halberd x1
Fierce In Despair x1
Quelled x1
Red Wrath x1
Black Numenorean x2
Ships of Great Draught x1

I think it looks better. Only concern would be lack of minions (17). I'll playtest it as soon as I get a chance.

May 17, 2010, 08:32:21 AM
Reply #9

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 08:32:21 AM »
It definitely looks better. Did you playtest the new version?

May 17, 2010, 09:05:56 AM
Reply #10

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 09:05:56 AM »
"I think it looks better. Only concern would be lack of minions (17). I'll playtest it as soon as I get a chance."

The good thing about corsairs (other than beastly Castamir + halberd for 7 pool and "get a bonus to get a bonus" Marauder) is that you always have your boats to cheer you up! You can get your people back from discard and put them back at draw deck again so corsairs can be effective even running a little less minions than average. I run more minions at my corsair deck but i think you may not have to add many more, playtesting is the key.

May 17, 2010, 09:38:18 AM
Reply #11

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 09:38:18 AM »
Did you mean:

Corsair Marauder, getting a bonus to get a bonus ?

Oh, and very important point you mentioned there ;), but I think 17 minions should be ok.

May 17, 2010, 01:30:56 PM
Reply #12

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 01:30:56 PM »
The good thing with That Is No Orc Horn is that it prevent you from being destroyed by Elder and Over the Isen.

May 18, 2010, 02:46:28 AM
Reply #13

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 02:46:28 AM »
The good thing with That Is No Orc Horn is that it prevent you from being destroyed by Elder and Over the Isen.

...or by besiegers.