LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The Road Ahead - Sites (5/22: The Road Ends...Site 9)  (Read 10748 times)

May 19, 2008, 08:55:43 AM
Read 10748 times

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
The Road Ahead - Sites (5/22: The Road Ends...Site 9)
« on: May 19, 2008, 08:55:43 AM »
Probably hard to remember since it's been so long now, but prior to CC going down (for good...sniff :'(), I was working through the last "culture" for my Fellowship of the Ring-centric set The Road Ahead. Since I'd already DONE all the actual cultures, the only thing that was left was the site "culture". :P

I'd gotten through Site 5 before the Great Crash of 2008, so here are all the sites I had spoiled thus far.

(W) The Ivy Bush
Site 1
Dwelling. At the start of the fellowship phase, you may exert a Hobbit to play a [Shire] follower or [Shire] tale from your draw deck.

(W) Bagshot Row
Site 1
Dwelling. When the fellowship moves from this site, remove [1] for each Hobbit you can spot.

(W) Party Tree
Site 1
Fellowship: Play a [Shire] or [Gandalf] condition to draw a card.

(W) Bucklebury Ferry
Site 1
River. Fellowship: Exert 2 Hobbits to play the fellowship's next 2 sites (replacing opponent's sites if necessary). Each player may draw a card for each dwelling or forest site played in this way.

(W) Bamfurlong
Site 1
Dwelling. Plains. Fellowship: Play a [Shire] companion to make an opponent discard a card from his or her hand.

(W) Crickhollow
Site 1
Dwelling. While you can spot 2 Hobbits, the next companion played is twilight cost -1. Limit once.

(W) Great East Road [1]
Site 2
Forest. Stealth cards are twilight cost +1. Search cards are twilight cost -1.

(W) The Old Forest [2]
Site 2
Forest. Each Tree and [Wraith] weather card is twilight cost -1.

(W) High Hay [1]
Site 2
When the fellowship moves from here, heal each Hobbit and ranger and exert each other companion.

(W) Barrow-downs [1]
Site 2
Plains. Each companion bearing a Shadow condition is strength -1 and resistance -2.

(W) Village of Bree [1]
Site 2
Dwelling. Nazgûl are not roaming.

(W) West-gate of Bree (0)
Site 2
Dwelling. Shadow: Play a [Wraith] or [Sauron] Man to make the Free Peoples player discard a card from hand.

(W) Amon Sûl [2]
Site 2
Skirmish: Exert a Nazgûl (except an enduring Nazgûl) to make a Nazgûl gain twilight or fierce until the regroup phase.

(W) Midgewater Marshes [1] (reprint)
Site 2
Marsh. Each time a Hobbit moves to Midgewater Marshes, that Hobbit must exert.

(W) Bridge of Mitheithel [3]
Site 2
River. While you can spot a ranger or an Elf, the move limit is +1 for this turn.

(W) Coldfells [2]
Site 2
Plains. Each hunter is strength +1.
Each mounted character is strength +1.

(W) Bombadil's Country (0)
Site 3
Forest. River. Sanctuary. Tom Bombadil and Goldberry are twilight cost -2.

(W) Rivendell Courtyard (0)
Site 3
Sanctuary. When the fellowship moves from here, remove [1] for each Free Peoples culture you can spot.

(W) Rivendell Hall (0)
Site 3
Sanctuary. Fellowship: Play a tale to remove a threat. If you cannot spot a threat, you may remove [1] instead.

(W) Ford of Rivendell (0)
Site 3
River. Sanctuary. The twilight cost of each hunter played at Ford of Rivendell is -1 (or -2 if a Nazgûl).

(W) Chamber of Heirlooms (0)
Site 3
Sanctuary. Fellowship: Play an artifact or tale to remove [1]. Each player may draw a card.

(W) Gilraen's Memorial (0)
Site 3
Sanctuary. Each time a character exerts, you may heal that character. Limit once per turn.

(W) House of Elrond (0) (reprint)
Site 3
Sanctuary. When the fellowship moves to House of Elrond, the Free Peoples player may spot 2 Elves to remove a burden.

(W) Hills of Hollin [2]
Site 4
Plains. Each time an opponent makes you draw a card or discard a card from hand, exert one of your characters. If you do not, that opponent may add or remove [1].

(W) Redhorn Gat [2]
Site 4
Mountain. When the fellowship moves to this site, wound each Hobbit companion or add [3].

(W) Pass of Caradhras [2] (reprint)
Site 4
Mountain. Shadow: Spot an [Isengard] minion to play a weather card from your draw deck (limit one per turn).

(W) Hollin Gate [4]
Site 4
River. Marsh. Watcher in the Water may be spotted here (even if not in play).

(W) The Black Pit [1]
Site 4
Underground. The twilight cost of each [Moria] minion played here is -1 (to a minimum of 1).

(W) Mines of Moria [2]
Site 4
Underground. Possessions and artifacts may be played from your discard pile as if played from hand.

(W) Chamber of Records [3]
Site 4
Underground. Maneuver: Discard your tale or artifact from play or from hand to heal a character of that card's culture.

(W) Twenty-First Hall [3]
Site 4
Underground. When the fellowship moves to this site, each player must discard a card from hand.

(W) Moria Crossroads [3]
Site 4
Underground. When the fellowship moves to this site, you may spot a Dwarf to draw a card (or 2 cards if you can also spot a Wizard).

(W) The Bridge of Khazad-dûm [6] (reprint)
Site 5
Battleground. Underground. Shadow: Play The Balrog from your draw deck or hand; The Balrog's twilight cost is -6.

(W) Old Moria [7]
Site 5
Battleground. Underground. While you can spot a Dwarf or Wizard here, each minion is roaming.

(W) Second Hall [7]
Site 5
Underground. Each [Dwarven] and [Moria] character is strength +1.

(W) Azanulbizar [5]
Site 5
Regroup: Spot 2 [Moria] minions to make the fellowship move again this turn (if the move limit allows).

(W) Dimrill Stair [8]
Site 5
Mountain. When the fellowship moves to this site during the regroup phase, the Free Peoples player may heal a companion of each culture.

My next post below this will get us going again, starting (where else?) at Site 6. :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 06:57:10 AM by DáinIronfoot »
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

May 19, 2008, 08:59:53 AM
Reply #1

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Re: The Road Ahead - Sites
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 08:59:53 AM »
Alright, now that we've caught up to the fellowship at Site 5, where they've been lingering since CC's demise, it's time to carry on the next site. 8) Enjoy!

(W) Mirrormere [3]
Site 6
Mountain. River. Sanctuary. When the fellowship moves to Mirrormere, you may heal up to 2 wounds on companions (or up to 3 wounds on Dwarves).

(W) City of the Trees [3]
Site 6
Dwelling. Forest. Sanctuary. At the start of the fellowship phase, you may exert 2 Elves to play an Elf from your draw deck.

(W) The Golden Wood [3]
Site 6
Forest. Sanctuary. Each Elf ally is strength +3.

(W) Celebrant Crossing [3]
Site 6
Forest. River. Sanctuary. When the fellowship moves from this site, heal each Elf and exert each other non-Hobbit companion.

(W) Talans of Lothlórien [3]
Site 6
Dwelling. Forest. Sanctuary. While you can spot 3 Elves, each minion is roaming.

(W) The Naith [3]
Site 6
Forest. Sanctuary. The twilight cost of each Orc played here is +1.
The twilight cost of each Elf played here is -1.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 07:55:40 AM by DáinIronfoot »
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

May 19, 2008, 09:08:30 AM
Reply #2

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
Re: The Road Ahead - Sites (5/19: Finally moving on to Site 6)
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 09:08:30 AM »
(W) Mirrormere [3]
Site 6
Mountain. River. Sanctuary. When the fellowship moves to Mirrormere, you may heal up to 2 wounds on companions (or up to 3 wounds on Dwarves).
It's a little weird as a sanctuary because you don't have to stop there, but it seems fine.

Site 6
Dwelling. Forest. Sanctuary. At the start of the fellowship phase, you may exert 2 Elves to play an Elf from your draw deck.
Um... This is already an [Elven] condition.

(W) The Golden Wood [3]
Site 6
Forest. Sanctuary. Each Elf ally is strength +2 (or +3 if his or her home is any site 6).
I'd just save text and say 'Each Elf ally is strength +3' - after all, a lot of them are site 6 and those are the ones who are most likely to be fighting at this site.

Site 6
Forest. River. Sanctuary. When the fellowship moves from this site, heal each Elf and exert each other non-Hobbit companion.
Seems a bit wordy, but alright.

Site 6
Dwelling. Forest. Sanctuary. While you can spot 3 Elves, each minion is roaming.
I think I'd increase the Shadow number on this one to [4] or maybe even [5] as it is pretty powerful.

(W) The Naith [3]
Site 6
Again, I might increase the Shadow number to [4].

Thranduil
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 10:35:27 AM by Thranduil »

May 19, 2008, 10:33:16 AM
Reply #3

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 10:33:16 AM »
Alright, now that we've caught up to the fellowship at Site 5, where they've been lingering since CC's demise, it's time to carry on the next site. 8) Enjoy!

(W) Mirrormere [3]
Site 6
the wording i messy...

Site 6
fine by me

(W) The Golden Wood [3]
Site 6
Forest. Sanctuary. Each Elf ally is strength +2 (or +3 if his or her home is any site 6).
do you use followers?

Site 6
Uh...it'd be easier if you just said each other companion but sure I get why you do it

Site 6
foine

(W) The Naith [3]
Site 6
nice
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

May 20, 2008, 04:02:49 AM
Reply #4

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 04:02:49 AM »
I agree with SoP. Except i presume he meant to say do you use allies not followers and same question applies.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
That's like having "Some Who Ride Ponies" as a Rohan follower. ~ Dain Ironfoot.

May 20, 2008, 08:05:21 AM
Reply #5

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 08:05:21 AM »
Acually, I think SoP was checking to see if my DC sets used followers, and the answer is yes. I have several allies, especially in my first two sets (based on The Hobbit and Fellowship of the Ring, but it gradually shifts to more and more followers and less allies in the subsequent sets as the fellowship moves further and further away from free lands and closer to Mordor. It's probably close to 50/50 overall, though. I'll have to go back and check the ratios sometime....

Anyway, I made some very minor tweaks, since the majority (SoP and lem0n) seemed to think they were pretty good as written.

So, on to the next site! :)

As with the original sites of the Fellowship block, Site 7 is all river sites as the fellowship leaves Lothlorien by boat down the Anduin. However, that doesn't mean these sites are ONLY rivers. You'll see what I mean....

These are, admittedly, a little bland, even for sites. There are only four, two of which have text that triggers when moving and two which prevent playing certain cards. That's it; nothing fancy here. But we need to get moving along, as the fellowship did, so let's get to it, shall we?

(W) The Tongue [6]
Site 7
Forest. River. When the fellowship moves from this site, exert the Ring-bearer twice (or if you can spot 2 Elves, you may exert each Elf instead).

The rationale here is that leaving the calm safety of Lothlorien for the wilds beyond leaves one feeling drained, especially Frodo. The Ring really starts to take hold from this point on...but alternatively, you can exert some Elves instead, who aren't too thrilled at leaving the Golden Wood, either.

(W) Anduin Banks [6]
Site 7
Forest. River. Archery events may not be played and archery special abilities may not be used.

(W) North Undeep [6]
Site 7
River. Conditions may not be played during the fellowship or Shadow phase.

Nothing much to say about these two. Moving on....

(W) Dor Firnen [5]
Site 7
Plains. River. When the fellowship moves to Dor Firen, add [2] for each Shadow culture you can spot.

As long-time reviewers of my sets know, I want to encourage using multiple Shadow cultures, and have several cards that ensure certain Shadow cultures that work together in the novels/films work well together in the game ([Isengard] and [Sauron], [Wraith] and [Sauron], [Dunland] and [Isengard], etc.). Here's another card to REALLY encourage that.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 08:15:40 AM by DáinIronfoot »
Best regards,
Dáin

May 20, 2008, 08:12:12 AM
Reply #6

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 08:12:12 AM »

(W) The Tongue [6]
Site 7
Forest. River. When the fellowship moves from this site, exert the Ring-bearer twice or exert each Elf (minimum 2).

Not sure of that end bit how about "or if you can spot 2 elves, exert each elf".

(W) Anduin Banks [6]
Site 7
Forest. River. Archery events may not be played and archery special abilities may not be used.

Fine.

(W) North Undeep [6]
Site 7
River. Conditions may not be played during any fellowship or Shadow phase.

'The' not 'any'.

(W) Dor Firnen [6]
Site 7
Plains. River. When the fellowship moves to Dor Firen, add [1] for each Shadow culture you can spot.

Id add 2 as it would discourage the double more than 1.

May 20, 2008, 08:25:43 AM
Reply #7

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
Re: The Road Ahead - Sites (5/20: Rollin' down the river...to Site 7)
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 08:25:43 AM »
I think The Tongue would be nicer as 'Exert the Ring-bearer twice (or exert each Elf).' It doesn't bother me that it could involve exerting only one Elf and I also prefer the wording.

You also don't need to capitalise 'shadow' when talking about a phase just as you don't for the regroup, assignment, fellowship etc. Shadow needs a capital 'S' when it is referring to the Shadow player or the Shadow number of a site only.

What can I say - I'm a serious pedantic! ;)

Thranduil

May 20, 2008, 08:30:10 AM
Reply #8

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 08:30:10 AM »
Quote from: Thranduil
I think The Tongue would be nicer as 'Exert the Ring-bearer twice (or exert each Elf).' It doesn't bother me that it could involve exerting only one Elf and I also prefer the wording.
Eh, we'll see. I didn't want it to be TOO easy....

Quote from: Thranduil
You also don't need to capitalise 'shadow' when talking about a phase just as you don't for the regroup, assignment, fellowship etc. Shadow needs a capital 'S' when it is referring to the Shadow player or the Shadow number of a site only.

What can I say - I'm a serious pedantic! ;)

Actually, you do. I have numerous examples: Gollum, Plotting Deciever, Spurred to Battle, Beasts of Burden, and my personal favorites (the ones that first opened my eyes to Shadow being capitalized since I USE these cards in multiple decks), Bent on Discovery and Ithil Stone.
Best regards,
Dáin

May 20, 2008, 08:31:10 AM
Reply #9

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 08:31:10 AM »
Fair enough. It's just a contradiction to other phase names. Have a GP!

Thranduil

May 20, 2008, 11:47:44 AM
Reply #10

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 11:47:44 AM »
Acually, I think SoP was checking to see if my DC sets used followers,
yeah thats what I meant

(W) The Tongue [6]
Site 7
Forest. River. When the fellowship moves from this site, exert the Ring-bearer twice (or if you can spot 2 Elves, you may exert each Elf instead).
fine

(W) Anduin Banks [6]
Site 7
maybe freeps events and such...that would be more evil ;)

(W) North Undeep [6]
Site 7
River. Conditions may not be played during the fellowship or Shadow phase.
fine

(W) Dor Firnen [5]
Site 7
Plains. River. When the fellowship moves to Dor Firen, add [2] for each Shadow culture you can spot.
good
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
SoP's Trade List

May 21, 2008, 08:01:06 AM
Reply #11

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 08:01:06 AM »
The end is in sight...but we still have some of the nastier sites to get through first. Like these. :hey: Enjoy!

(W) South Undeep [6]
Site 8
River. At the start of the archery phase, each player may add 1 to their archery total for each of their archers they can spot.

(W) Anduin Eyot [6]
Site 8
River. Skirmish events may not be played.

(W) Sarn Gebir [6]
Site 8
River. When the fellowship moves from this site during the regroup phase, the Free Peoples player must wound a companion for each minion you can spot.

(W) Western Portage-way [6]
Site 8
Forest. When the fellowship moves here during the regroup phase, the Free Peoples player must exert each companion or return a companion (and all cards on him or her) to his or her hand.

(W) Gates of Gondor [8]
Site 8
River. Fellowship: Play a [Gondor] tale and add [1] to heal a [Gondor] companion.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 06:29:35 AM by DáinIronfoot »
Best regards,
Dáin

May 21, 2008, 09:02:44 AM
Reply #12

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
Re: The Road Ahead - Sites (5/21: Darker shores ahead...Site 8)
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 09:02:44 AM »
That smiley still scares me...

I would make Sarn Gebir and Western Portage-way only apply on the double move. I would probably also reduce the Shadow number of Anduin Eyot to [6] because it is seriously nasty for the FP player.

Thranduil

May 21, 2008, 11:32:19 AM
Reply #13

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 11:32:19 AM »
The end is in sight...but we still have some of the nastier sites to get through first. Like these. :hey: Enjoy!

(W) South Undeep [6]
Site 8
River. At the start of the archery phase, you may make your archery total +1 for each of your archers.
at the start of the archery phase, each player may make their archery total +1 for each of their archers they can spot?

(W) Anduin Eyot [6]
Site 8
fine

(W) Sarn Gebir [6]
Site 8
River. When the fellowship moves from here during the regroup phase, the Free Peoples player must wound a companion for each minion you can spot.
OK are site 8 sites always 6?

Site 8
Forest. When the fellowship moves here during the regroup phase, the Free Peoples player must exert each companion or take a companion (and all cards on him or her) into hand.
OUCH...works though

(W) Gates of Gondor [8]
Site 8
River. Fellowship: Play a [Gondor] tale and add [1] to heal a [Gondor] companion.
well that answers my earlier question
Felipe Musco:
Elf Lvr:
SoP's Trade List

May 22, 2008, 02:16:47 AM
Reply #14

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 02:16:47 AM »

I agree with Thran. Scary smily.

(W) South Undeep [6]
Site 8
River. At the start of the archery phase, you may make your archery total +1 for each of your archers.

At the start of the archery phase each player may add 1 to their archery total for each of their archer characters you can spot is probably more correct.

(W) Anduin Eyot [6]
Site 8

Urgh another cavern entrance. Fine.

(W) Sarn Gebir [6]
Site 8
River. When the fellowship moves from here during the regroup phase, the Free Peoples player must wound a companion for each minion you can spot.

"from this site" not "from here" i think. Wow nasty double preventer.

Site 8
Forest. When the fellowship moves here during the regroup phase, the Free Peoples player must exert each companion or take a companion (and all cards on him or her) into hand.

See note above about phrasing. And alos "return a companion" not take into hand.

(W) Gates of Gondor [8]
Site 8

Cool.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 02:18:22 AM by lem0nhead »

May 22, 2008, 06:55:59 AM
Reply #15

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 06:55:59 AM »
At last, we come to the end of the line. Well...for this set, at least. :)

But even though these cards complete the last "culture" of The Road Ahead, I will be going back and doing a little cleaning up, creating a smattering of new cards to flesh out cultures and/or strategies that need a little help. For all intents and purposes, though, The Road Ahead is now complete. :) Thanks to all who have faithfully reviewed my cards. Only three sets to go! :P

Anyway, on to the sites. Like most Site 9s, you'll quickly notice that most of these are pretty evil. Try to imagine yourself as the Shadow player, and enjoy! :twisted:

(W) Nen Hithoel [8]
Site 9
River. Each time a Free Peoples character is placed in the dead pile, the Shadow player may choose one: add [X], where X is that characters's twilight cost; or add a burden.

This was the first site I posted back in the original CC thread, and it wasn't too popular. At the time, the only option was the twilight, so I added the burden option to make it more painful. :twisted:

(W) Tindrock [1](0)
Site 9
River. Fellowship: Discard a card from hand and exert a [Gondor] or [Elven] companion to take a tale of that companion's culture into hand from your discard pile.

This makes for the only site EVER with a twilight number in the double digits. Considering how helpful it could be for the FP player, I think that's appropriate.

(W) Seat of Seeing [8]
Site 9
Battleground. Forest. When the fellowship moves to Seat of Seeing, the Free Peoples player must wound each Ring-bound companion or each unbound companion.

At least you get to choose, right?

(W) Hill of the Eye [9]
Site 9
Battleground. Forest. Mountain. Each tracker and ranger gains hunter 1.

Nothing much to say here, I guess, though a forest/mountain is pretty rare, so this site has THAT going for it....

(W) Amon Lhaw [8]
Site 9
Forest. At the start of the archery phase, you may exert X trackers of the same culture to make the minion archery total +X (limit +3).

Considering all the [Isengard] trackers in this set, this is obviously catered towards Uruks, but there are enough [Moria], [Wraith], and even (G) trackers to make this worthwhile for them, too.

(W) Emyn Muil Overlook [8]
Site 9
Mountain. When the fellowship moves here, the Free Peoples player must add [X] or X burdens, where X is the number of unbound companions you can spot.

This is one major motivation for using my infamous Hold To Your Purpose, wouldn't you say? Without it...OUCH.

(W) Parth Galen [8]
Site 9
Battleground. Each time you play a tracker or [Isengard] minion, you may draw a card.

Again, obviously catered towards [Isengard], but not all-exclusive.
Best regards,
Dáin

May 22, 2008, 07:01:33 AM
Reply #16

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 07:01:33 AM »

(W) Nen Hithoel [8]
Site 9
River. Each time a Free Peoples character is placed in the dead pile, the Shadow player may choose one: add [X], where X is that characters's twilight cost; or add a burden.

Hmm i dont think the "one" is necessary. You could say "may choose to add x..... or add a burden".

(W) Tindrock [1](0)
Site 9
River. Fellowship: Discard a card from hand and exert a [Gondor] or [Elven] companion to take a tale of that companion's culture into hand from your discard pile.

Meh ok.

(W) Seat of Seeing [8]
Site 9
Battleground. Forest. When the fellowship moves to Seat of Seeing, the Free Peoples player must wound each Ring-bound companion or each unbound companion.

Could go either way. Seems ok.

(W) Hill of the Eye [9]
Site 9
Battleground. Forest. Mountain. Each tracker and ranger gains hunter 1.

Cool.

(W) Amon Lhaw [8]
Site 9
Forest. At the start of the archery phase, you may exert X trackers of the same culture to make the minion archery total +X (limit +3).

Fair enough.

(W) Emyn Muil Overlook [8]
Site 9
Mountain. When the fellowship moves here, the Free Peoples player must add [X] or X burdens, where X is the number of unbound companions you can spot.

Adding x is never equivalent to adding X burdens, there is no balance there.

(W) Parth Galen [8]
Site 9
Battleground. Each time you play a tracker or [Isengard] minion, you may draw a card.

Meh.

May 22, 2008, 09:27:05 AM
Reply #17

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
Re: The Road Ahead - Sites (5/22: The Road Ends...Site 9)
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 09:27:05 AM »
I agree with lem0n on all counts.

Thranduil

May 22, 2008, 10:16:14 AM
Reply #18

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
Re: The Road Ahead - Sites (5/22: The Road Ends...Site 9)
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 10:16:14 AM »
and I agree with thran on every count and will give all 3 of you GP.
Felipe Musco:
Elf Lvr:
SoP's Trade List