LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: A Moment For Menace: An Announcement.  (Read 2574 times)

August 21, 2008, 10:21:41 PM
Read 2574 times

menace64

• The Late-Night Moderator
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
  • Bruce Campbell is my father.
A Moment For Menace: An Announcement.
« on: August 21, 2008, 10:21:41 PM »
In light of my comment in Dain's thread about keeping cards as representative to the story as possible, I'd like to begin a DC-creating series covering this idea. Each week, I will write up a new article, selecting a key moment from either the books or the movies and write up a card (perhaps not a complicated card) that summarizes as much of the scene as can be expected by a single card.

There are a few easy examples of real cards that made it into print that I personally feel lack in this particular flavor: The aforementioned Gandalf's Hat is a great card to look at - the cost of 2 burdens for a piece of Gandalf's wardrobe is silly. Another quick example I've got is Castamir of Umbar having a higher physical prowess than a lot of the Nazgul - had I been a designer for Siege of Gondor, I would have given Castamir a more 'pirate'-y approach to winning skirmishes, as oppposed to dolling out brute strength.

This is A Moment for Menace, a series of articles written by a man obsessed with the specifics of card flavor and design, a man dedicated to translating the best stories in recent lore to the humble dimensions of cardboard cutouts, a man with... a man with... err, uh... a man! He's a man!

I've got to get up for work in a few hours so the first article will get written in a day or two. But I see no reason why I can't pick the moment now. Let's see. I'd like to start with something that hasn't been covered so much in the card game... okay, I've got one: Aragorn rallying the Men of the West before the Black Gates of Mordor.

Stay tuned!

August 21, 2008, 10:46:07 PM
Reply #1

AgentDrake

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Why me? No, seriously. WHY ME?!?
Re: A Moment For Menace: An Announcement.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 10:46:07 PM »
Ya know, once upon a time, the cards actually seemed to have some relation to the story. I notice that sorta petered out.

Go for it, man! This should be fun to follow. :up:
Forget it. I'm not arguing with the computer anymore to try to get the sig I want....

August 22, 2008, 01:28:42 AM
Reply #2

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 01:28:42 AM »
Intriguing, i hold my breath in anticipation!

???
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
That's like having "Some Who Ride Ponies" as a Rohan follower. ~ Dain Ironfoot.

August 22, 2008, 11:25:51 AM
Reply #3

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 11:25:51 AM »
I hold my gold in anticipation ;)
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com