LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Online Game Results  (Read 13044 times)

August 29, 2008, 06:16:25 PM
Reply #30

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
Re: SDA/Lackey Game Results
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2008, 06:16:25 PM »
A short one as its late

NappyKorn's Solo Smeagol & Nazgul Corruption

vs

TheJord's Dwarves & [Sauron]/[Orc] Grind

I should point out from the beginning that I convince NK to play instead of going to bed so I feel bad about making him lose sleep for LOTR! He played well for a tired man. ;D

Stupid Solo Smeagol killed off a lot of my strategy right from the beginning. No unbound companions for Orkish Lackey, I knew I should have packed Gothmog, ML for the finisher.

Anyway he owned the sitepath but my Dwarves fared well, even without a single No Pauses, No Spills the whole game. His corruption angle didnt kick off until site 4 but he slapped me with about 5-6 burdens between sites 4-6.

I had a chance to pile on Smeagol at one point but failed to swap out Caras Galadhon with Unforgiving Depths... stupid. So I only played Black Gate Sentry when I could have slapped 2 more minions out.

My Dwarves were solid and I knew I would have to run to avoid corruption so I bunny hopped him at site 6, moved through sanctuary and doubled 7-9. Good game NK.
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

September 01, 2008, 07:34:59 PM
Reply #31

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2008, 07:34:59 PM »
   I have played a few games these past weeks but some of them i just couldn´t finish and some (like one against NK) wasn´t really that fair cause his got a tremendous bad luck on his shadows draws so i didn´t posted nothing here (not that it wasn´t fun), but today i just played a insane match against our new member Noldonur in the good and old Movie Block format!

So its was:

MY valiant  [Rohan] with Mixed Southrons
                         Vs.
Noldonur´s Knights with Initiative Southrons

I bid 1 but he bids 2 and chooses to start. He reveals Isildur with Isildur´s Bane  :o. I thought: "Or this guy don´t fear for his RB or he is up to something evil...". He then plays highlander Alcarin and Turgon. played a few fortifications, a knight´s mount and moved. I have nothing really good to play so i played CUtW and an archer that he can easly get rid of, doubling to 3. I drop a medium guy with a mumak an another archer with Seasoned Leader making him stops with 6 wounds...

I played Eomer (who calls some possessions from my draw deck), Eowyn and some conditions givin him a huge amount of twilight and fearing for the worst but he had only one minion at hand! he drops a Harsh Tongues and then proceed to assign. He play and event in order to make his minion survive until regropu and remove 9 (yeah he had that) to put 3 tokens on it just to see me playing Let Us be Swift sending his newly acquired initiative gongo straight to discard pile.  :hey: with no twilight left for him i decide to move again. he then played another Harsh Tongues and a Rout and more one or two minions with Mumakil that i could handle without too many problem, discarding my Arrow-slitz.

He heals at sanctuary and play a lot (i mean A LOT) of fortifications and conditions (he benefits greatly from my site 3 "add a threat to play a fortification from your deck") and Ingold. He moves to 4 and i drop a Mr. Mumak Chieftain, a Bowman with Seasoned Leader and a Field of the Fallen. I manage to use Seasoned to get another Seasoned at skirmish caughin him by surpirse but he wisely use some fortifications and knights mount to kill my minions and surviving to regroup death with Cast Unto the Winds  :up: for him! Since i have some twilight left he chooses to stay. At least i manage to do some wounding.

I played some more backup and move. He plays more initiative/ambush guys with a Southron Chiefitain. I kill most of his minions and moved again leading the race. i exerted Frodo and Eowyn (Rout) and he plays some nasty MC with another Mumakil and i have just used my pump events  #-o. For my luck he doesn´t had pump events to finish off my companions and just Theoden, TaP dies (calling our great friend Gamling to the Party  \:D/).

He then plays Imrahil with a sword and go ahead i played some more minions to make him use his conditions (that he keeps getting back with Sixth Level) and to get some more wounds but then he used Catapult twice and get a lucky 1 twilight reveal and discard my conditions. He then give me initiative and for his bad luck i had two New Strenght Came Now at hand, but again he played so well with his fortification and skirmish resolving order to kill (but more wounds to him!). So he stayed.

I moved to 6 giving him not much twilight but he manage to kill Eowyn (which for a bad move i didn´t healed at manuever)  #-o. At regroup i discarded his conditions with LUbS again. At this time i had more wounds than a sanctuary could heal so better i start to think wisely!

He moved to 6 given just 8 twlightbut since he had 4 burdens (two more from Pelennor Flat) i could play a Deset Lord with a Seasoned Leader and a Discovered just to get rid of two of his key fortifications. I made some damage and he stays.

Finally i get my Thundering Hosts and go ahead, facing a bouch of initiative raiders and his friend Mr. Mumak. I could handle them making Gamling does his trick and pumping Eomer but i decided to stay since he had a dangerous minion at table and site 8 shouldn´t be a plains. Even Frodo had done his part winning his skirmish and surviving to a fierce st14 dam+1 minion :up:

He moves to 7 and i can´t remember exactly what i played but i knew that he survived just getting some more wounds. Sorry for my bad memory.

I moved to 8 and he played a bounch of minions (again with the last Mr.Mumak) and since it wasn´t a plains Grimbold get killed by is initiative guys + pump with NSCN. But i manage to exhaust every minion at the table and run for the "victory or death" with a PATHS at hand and just 3 companions at table. The table have 5 minions (3 with Mumakil) and i had only 3 companions and 3 threats added by the last site. By that time i coudn´t had sure about my win because the new "non-exerted" minions that he played. Again i manage to exhaust the remaining guys at cost of the life of Eomer and Gamling and kill every fierce minion with PATHS!!!  :up: 

Final Score: Only a exhausted Frodo with 8 burdens at table! But i guess that´s a win too! That was a really great game!

I was happy about my fellowship that could stand against initiative southrons which aren´t a easy match up for my companions and my southrons did their homework stopping his vicious knights. Maybe if i hadn´t double he could have walked for the win (probably ending up similar to me) so it was a very even match. A epic match i would say with only Frodo surviving and leting the ring goes to Mount Doom. Well in this case he didnt drop the ring cause he would lose the vit +2 bonus from ATAR and would have died  ;)

Well, just thanks Noldonur for the great playing time!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 05:31:15 AM by Pepin The Breve »

September 01, 2008, 07:48:50 PM
Reply #32

Noldonur

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2008, 07:48:50 PM »
Haha Pepin, that was epic indeed! Thanks for leaving the play-by-play report for the future generations to admire  \:D/

Great time indeed, I really thought I had you... Still can't believe you discarded my loaded Harsh Tongues not once, but twice , at the most inopportune moment (for me) #-o My deck might be really raw (as my playing skills), but I did enjoy immesely the whole fortification trickery :)

Awesome game, awesome time spent - looking forward to a rematch! And special thanks to Clockwork for being patient with waiting till the game ends. Unfortunately, we couldn't finish the game, but it didn't look good for me at all - I just couldn't make a dent in his 4-token loaded Noble Leaders fellowship!

September 05, 2008, 02:14:57 PM
Reply #33

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2008, 02:14:57 PM »
My Wound-Wound Vs Gillian Ents-Forestguls

My rainbow wounding fellowship started off flawlessly, to have 2 Shadowplay trashed at site 2 by Buckland Homestead. Ah well. Gunned down 'dem nazzies with gorn's bow and peeled all the threats at 3 with Sting. Wahoo.

He started off giving me a whopping 22 twilight, allowing me to play....Gothmog. That's it. Ah well, pinged Jarnsmid twice and Frodo once.

Next turn, we each played nothing. I had stuff in my hand, but no sense wasting it on a sanctuary. I wanted to bomb him on 4.

He played nothing again next turn, and I had a somewhat decent opening salvo to hit him with on 4. Total: 7 arrows. And a strength 15 Gothmog. Not bad. He whupped Gothmog, but doubled and took Mumak Commander, Elevated Fire, another Howdah and Precision Tareting.

Site 6: Readied myself for the bomb. Took Lemenya ET which hurt a lot, 4 threats less my bow could use. :( Nelya gave Buckland Homestead back and I lost Namarie. Enquea then hit, exerted everyone and I lost another Nam. Then he dropped Otsea to draw 8 cards. Ouch. Toiled out a WK, and I dropped all except him.

My reconcile looked promising on site 6. Hoping I could finish him, or at least him him hard enough that he couldn't recover, and he playe Leaflock. Meh. So I exhausted him, ready to slam him again next turn, post healing.

But...then work made me cut it off. He just played Cantea, so I was hurting.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

September 07, 2008, 07:01:58 PM
Reply #34

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2008, 07:01:58 PM »
   I have played to great games this weekend. One at "Movie block" and other in standard...

I really don´t have much time now to give details but i had two great matches against 2 great players and i will at least leave a brief summary of them (sadly very very brief)...

First was:

My  [Gondor] with [Gandalf] support  paired with  [Sauron] Grind (Movie Block with FoTR sitepath)
                                                             vs.
                    Dáin´s Rainbow "Smokers" Freeps with  [Moria] Swarm

The deck of Dain was designed almost as a FoTR deck (with a little Host of Moria twist) and he used cards like Aragorn, HttWC, Gimli, DttMR and Sting banned outside FoTR block but like my deck had card fro sets 1 to 10 and his only the first 3 i guess it´s pretty fair he used that cards.

I will just report the great played moves i remember...

At site 4 i gave him 8 twilight and then he plays about 7 or 8 minions (not THAT impressive talking about Moria but it sure was a great move!) His relics of Moria with Goblin Armories are just mad  :up:. Keep playing possessions and addind pool until cannot play more minnions and possessions. My thrumph was i had the following companions: Gandalf with his holy staff that cancel skirmishes...so no overwhelm for him  :up:; Gorn with base strenght about 12; Fara at 9...so no special habilities and pump against him (my luck i always have some pump at hand to save him for overwhelm.) and Isildur with a Coat of mail. Scroll of isildur shows early so i could add some burden or exert my ever healing companions to keep him fighting!

His Freeps are insane! Take a little to set up but when we have Gorn, Gandy with his bow, Legolas, GL and Gimili with his pipes burning up some weed we have a mix of choke/healing/anti corruption/anti swarm deck!!! My luck was that the pipes take too long to show up and i was playing evil  [Sauron] Grind, so i kill Gimli at the site 4 or 5 and i have the winning game card: Grond, HotU  :twisted:  I manage to kill frodo discardin gorns bow and Sting with it and making a little swarm on frodo at site 9 with Tol Brandir. Legolas was exhausted so he couldn´t help...

Before that Dáin almost had me playing Cave Troll and Host of Moria with a Moria axe! But i could cancel some skirmishes win one fight with Aragorn and prevent massive deaths with Sapling of the White Tree. But my best Freep move was without a doubt playing Sleep Caradhras at site 7 discarding 2 swarms (with minions on it), 2 armories, 1 relics and 1 denizens!!!  six rabbits with just one event! without that maybe i couldn´t survived until manage to kill frodo at his last move...

It was a Great Game!   :up:

Other game was Standard format

My Tank  [Gandalf] [Dwarven] fellowship with Troll Swarm
                                                                              vs.
   Clockwork´s  [Gandalf] Medionic "pull events form everywhere" party with  [Orc] with [Uruk] hunter swarm

My fellowship could move to 7 without much problem cause he didn´t makeds a real swarm until then. His fellowships uses Palantir and a gandalf event to keep looking at my hand and discarding minions so he wisely chooses the right time to double and could pass my fellowship at the end. I got really confused with all that "play this event from your discard pile and remove 4 gandy cards from the game" stuff but i guess he knew what he was doing so no point in waste time confering every little detail...
   His deck is huge but was so well constructed that he manage to get good freps and shadows hands almost every time. Mainly it uses SFtF, Jasmind, Elrand, Treerebeard, Gandy, Grimbeon some Hourn to burn on the fire and Frodo with that nasty ring that pumps +3 adding a burden. He already played against my deck so he knews i had no pump events and assign without a fear (He had seen my hand almost every turn so i guess he would knew anyway  ;)).

The game was even until i move to 8 and he plays only one minion! I knew he had a lot more at hand and two Golbin Hordes so if i double a BIG SWARM WAS going on... I try to double and he had 5 minions at Gimli... i did my math and i died by one strenght!!!  1!!!!!!  #-o .  That was a great game. this brief report don´t describes the real good moves he had (i had some too but i keep making mistakes and forget things because i´n not used to the cards yet). He had swift moves like don´t playing Treerebeard in order to don´t give me pool to kill him with a big swarm. I asked him to try to move to 9 just to see how my shadow would do.

He moves and i play Keyward having 5 trolls at hand!  I count the twilight and i would be able to play 5 nasty trolls (probably more than enough to kill him but then when i was ready to rock exerting the Keyward to add the exact twilight i needed to play them all he discard New Authority brooken all my Swarm!!! Because of that i could´nt play two trolls (A Beastly Olog-Hay and a toil Cave Troll)... Then he Manage to survive with Frodo and Grimbeon!

That was an Excelent game as well! I have only won against him in movie block (where i have a little more experience myself) cause he is a insane deckbuilder and one of the swiftest players i had ever faced!

Great have that awesome players like Clockwork and Dáin around!

Sometime i would try my new Crazy Gollum deck (just don´t give me Solo Smeagol please)...

Cheers everyone!

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 08:28:01 AM by Pepin The Breve »

September 07, 2008, 08:10:56 PM
Reply #35

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2008, 08:10:56 PM »
  I just have realized that i forgot that Brand add +1 to Gimli strenght so i could had won!  #-o  Bwhauahuahuahauhauh... Also forgot that he adds +1 to archery for each minion more than companions and since he exerted a ton of people to add twilight maybe i had got some archery kills going on...

And the great dummy part is that Clockwork actually says: Are you sure you can´t win with the event?" and i: "yeah, i have counted and i will lose..."

I guess the good thing is that not happens in a tourney or something like that... I´m the king to lose games because of that things...hehehe.

Winning or losing it was fun for sure and that is waht counts in the end!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 05:53:42 AM by Pepin The Breve »

September 08, 2008, 01:16:25 PM
Reply #36

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2008, 01:16:25 PM »
Yeah... I thought you should have done all the skirmishes before conceding... Great game anyway!

September 16, 2008, 11:14:48 PM
Reply #37

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2008, 11:14:48 PM »
Wow. Closest game...ever.

I played Smeagol/Faramir choke w/ Forestguls, he played Solo Smeagol with Corrupt-guls. My Forestguls forced him to burn through his pumps early in the game to stay alive, and Gladden Homestead kept his hand perpetually filled with conditions. I had to double past 6 to stay in the run game, since he was sitting comfortably at 6 with me at 5. Made it, exhausted with 1 token on Nice Fish, and 5 burdens.

Next site, he gave me enough to Dark Approach a (1) Nelya, swap out Buckland Homestead, toil in a WK (good bye Gladden!) and drop LitW (FINALLY ABLE TO SURVIVE!). Overwhelmed 30-12.

I was regularly hitting 20s in strength w/ Nazzies early game, so he burned all his events, came in real handy at 7. My deck was faring well as he corrupted, and Not Listening came in handy a couple time, plus I packed more skirmish events than him (Naked Wastes), essentially 12 events with the play from discard ability.

To tell you how close it was, we played out the next site, and the only reason I survived was b/c he dropped Caras Galadhon, meaning when Faramir died to Enquea, ToTo (with 3 wounds + Shadowy Mount), he couldn't skirmish to dump his 3 burdens on my res 5 over 7 Smeagol. :D

I had the place strewn with Forests, but he kept swapping sites out. All said and done, I managed to hit the required 4 at site 7.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 11:27:20 PM by NBarden »

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks

September 21, 2008, 02:18:30 PM
Reply #38

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2008, 02:18:30 PM »
FORMAT: Open

TJ's Infinite Gandalf/Forced March Smith

vs

MY Horn/Fiend

RESULT:

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks

September 21, 2008, 02:24:30 PM
Reply #39

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2008, 02:24:30 PM »
LOL

Gandalf = 7
Minions = 119

He died

October 06, 2008, 07:42:43 AM
Reply #40

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2008, 07:42:43 AM »
I think that Fiend deck has stopped everyone from posting

Anyway

Gil-Estel's Wizard Choke with Gollum, DaD/Black Lord RB hate deck

vs

My Rainbow Shadowplay with Forestguls

I'm really bad at reporting results, I wish Dain could watch every game and then report on it, it would make this board so much more exciting.

Basically, my Forestguls were only taking small nicks out of his FP. At one point he had killed off his Wizards (ready for a Sent Back moment) which put 2 fierce Nazgul on the Ring-bearer. The Great Ring meant he survived with 6 burdens and 2 wounds.

He tripled at the end as his minions were getting Shadowplay'ed/Unheeded' to death, moved to site 8 Woody-end. 5 Nazgul, Cantea'd his Sting which left Frodo unable to add enough burdens to survive or win the fight. Very tricky if I say so myself.

But now I must build fun decks. No more OP decks.

October 10, 2008, 11:06:22 AM
Reply #41

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2008, 11:06:22 AM »
For those who have signed up to the WWL, can you start submitting your results on there. It will help get that site active. GE and NB both need to confirm submissions from me.

October 12, 2008, 02:03:39 AM
Reply #42

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2008, 02:03:39 AM »
And people, I must say: I personally like the option to hide my own fellowship when I'm playing my shadow, or hide his when I'm playing my fellowship. It just looks a bit more organized.
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

October 20, 2008, 03:10:43 PM
Reply #43

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2008, 03:10:43 PM »
Pepin's Elven Archery and Mixed Evil Archery vs my Roaming minions die and Attea is such a heavy burden

I was looking to try the deck I built. To kill all that is roaming and heal my companions. We started and my we walked down the sitepath 1 step at a time. He started walking, and I followed him. I made this weird and stupid mistake by discarding a Streaming at site 2, confident that another would show up. I wanted to keep pippin on the table, to prevent a handclogg. Well, the considiration was somewhat sensible, the outcome wasn't. Never was I able to gain initiative, to do Attea's thing. That was what saved my dear Pepin in the end. He shot pretty much my entire fellowship, but I was hanging in there, losing no skirmishes and thus healing with the citadel and the banners. 4 heals per turn, and pippin soaking up either archery or Shadowplay exertions
I moved to site 8, leaving 3 out of my 7 companions exhausted. Still in danger of facing Enqeua at site 9 + all the threats added I made the gamble to stay. Afterwards it turned out I would have won, but hey as we say in Holland: afterwards is looking a cow in the behindparts....:lol:
I had 3 orcs and Attea at hands, so chances were high on getting initiative. 2 of the 3 orcs were brutes, so 2 guaranteed burdens due to an exhausted galadriel. Sadly he played just 1 card, with all great cards he had on hand......:-( no initiative and no corruption....well, great game nonetheless....so close!
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

October 20, 2008, 04:21:05 PM
Reply #44

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2008, 04:21:05 PM »
   Yeah man, that was a great game for sure! After beating my freeps up you really deserved the win, just one orc more or Enquea Shoting people to death.  #-o

I´m glad i choose not to play Cirdan, Aiglos and etc... Whew! That was close!

You really take your chances don´t trying to double for 9...that was a tought decision...if i had a good shadow hand i could make a lot of archery and maybe along with Enquea and your fellowship would be pretty screwed (even if you put the ring at manuever) but the fact is that i had only two minion at hand when reconciled, so you would have won. But i guess you made the most logical decision since you were pretty close to a shadow kill too.

Anyway was an awesome game! I think i would have to reconsider my decks to face this one!

I reported it to ladder. Do it too when you have some time.

Cheers!