LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Namarie (POLL)  (Read 63298 times)

May 16, 2009, 11:56:38 PM
Reply #60

MuadDib85

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
Re: Namarie (POLL)
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2009, 11:56:38 PM »
Since it's "at the start of the regroup phase" and not a regroup action, you cannot use it more than once.
Ah, I get it now...That is not a bad idea, I thought he meant give gil-galad a negative effect 'aka denethor, oteom' to go with his 2 good abilities. Thanks for explaining that Kralik.

May 17, 2009, 07:05:24 AM
Reply #61

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • If you want him, come and claim him!
    • Elrohir wants some cards
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2009, 07:05:24 AM »
I have no problem if I play against a fellowship who discards all my shadow conditions, because then it is my fault, if I play a condition based shadow, right?

Just one all blades perish can destroy the whole planning of the archery against Nazgul. Ithilien blade kills the roaming orcs easily, Beauty is fading is one of my favourite cards, because it alway discards a companion (actually it discards one of my companions, but I like it because it is really strong!)

So it depends, which strategy you are facing. So how do you want to ged rid of Deceit without Namarie? Gollum offers too much pool to use the muster of Seclusion...

Olorin: Moria discards Namarie easiliy with Goblin Scrabbler, before Namarie works!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 07:20:27 AM by Elrohir »
You gave away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore.

May 17, 2009, 09:14:06 AM
Reply #62

Kralik

« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2009, 09:14:06 AM »
Olorin: Moria discards Namarie easiliy with Goblin Scrabbler, before Namarie works!

You aren't going to be able to play 3-4 Goblin Scrabbler's every turn to take care of the Namarie's coming back in regroup. In response to "Just play a Shadow without conditions!" I would say, "Just play Elves with another of their many forms of condition discard!"

May 17, 2009, 09:17:42 AM
Reply #63

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2009, 09:17:42 AM »

You aren't going to be able to play 3-4 Goblin Scrabbler's every turn to take care of the Namarie's coming back in regroup. In response to "Just play a Shadow without conditions!" I would say, "Just play Elves with another of their many forms of condition discard!"

KRALIK! I LOVE YOU!!! Your words are just that right! YESSS!!!
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

May 17, 2009, 09:43:08 AM
Reply #64

Kralik

« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2009, 09:43:08 AM »
KRALIK! I LOVE YOU!!! Your words are just that right! YESSS!!!

I'd recommend laying off of the CAPS -- they make it sound like you are constantly shouting. :P

May 17, 2009, 10:16:17 AM
Reply #65

macheteman

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2009, 10:16:17 AM »
i really find Gil-galad the most broken card in the loop. ANY card that can play unlimited conditions from discard-pile just by removing a token is insane. if you look around at all the other condition recursion cards out there, they usually have much bigger requirements. like: winning skirmishes, etc...

May 17, 2009, 10:45:10 AM
Reply #66

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2009, 10:45:10 AM »
i really find Gil-galad the most broken card in the loop. ANY card that can play unlimited conditions from discard-pile just by removing a token is insane. if you look around at all the other condition recursion cards out there, they usually have much bigger requirements. like: winning skirmishes, etc...

HMMM; LET ME SEE::: AH:: CAPS! :P Now, Macheteman is right too, Gil-Galad is most broken... he would be balanced with just his first ability incl. the errata, to take only skirmish events into hand... compare to Erland...
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

May 17, 2009, 12:31:41 PM
Reply #67

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2009, 12:31:41 PM »
I am sure Moria is able to play 2 Goblin Scrabbler every turn - and meanwhile, The Balrog, Demon of might kills some elves anyway! But this is another story...

May 17, 2009, 01:14:48 PM
Reply #68

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2009, 01:14:48 PM »
Again, a simple errata would fix this. There is no reason to ban cards that can be simply fixed.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 06:52:44 PM by MR. Lurtzy »

May 17, 2009, 01:18:16 PM
Reply #69

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2009, 01:18:16 PM »
Can not we use a general ruling for infinite loops?

May 17, 2009, 08:35:35 PM
Reply #70

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2009, 08:35:35 PM »
I think that banning is indeed preferable to errata, because errata is hard for new players to keep track of. I always oppose errata.

True that Goblin Scrabbler can take down Namarie, but if you have to make a deck dedicated to killing Namarie, that kinda sucks. I mean, every deck has another deck that will kill it, heck, a dedicated deck can take out fruit loops or infinite Gandy, or Mordor Fiend. But nobody argues that, say, Fiend isn't broken because Traveled Leader/SftF can hose it every time with Caras Galadhon.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

May 17, 2009, 08:49:41 PM
Reply #71

macheteman

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2009, 08:49:41 PM »
Can not we use a general ruling for infinite loops?

but some infinite loops are balanced because of cost/effect. sometime it takes enormous set-up/ cost to pull a loop with minimal effect. for instance, the red book of westmarch loop isn't broken in my opinion, you can cycle through your deck, but it isn't an immediate kill.

also nazzy auto-corrupt is a good example. you had to get enough things to line up properly, and when you could do that, you corrupted the ring-bearer. but the requirements balanced the loop.

to destroy infinite loops is to remove a vital aspect of the game.

May 17, 2009, 08:57:19 PM
Reply #72

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2009, 08:57:19 PM »
Is true. The auto-corrupt combo would be shut down, plus you can't really define a loop of voluntary actions.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

May 17, 2009, 09:02:47 PM
Reply #73

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2009, 09:02:47 PM »
I don't see many new players coming to LOTR. With no new cards being printed, banning cards would just restrict different deck ideas.

May 18, 2009, 02:07:13 AM
Reply #74

Smeagollum

« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2009, 02:07:13 AM »
I don't see many new players coming to LOTR. With no new cards being printed, banning cards would just restrict different deck ideas.
I agree! Just make it a start of the x phase action.

And ... wel offtopic and maybe you might not like it.. but I'm thinking of making prints of the virtual set I'm making and use these cards as prizesupport in tournaments.