LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Questions for Complete Cardlist  (Read 17739 times)

September 27, 2009, 03:27:17 AM
Read 17739 times

whaleyland

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Questions for Complete Cardlist
« on: September 27, 2009, 03:27:17 AM »
Alright, since I am new here and to LOTR TCG and am working on a complete cardlist (yes, the first tenth is already done), I have a bunch of questions. Some are probably dumb and some are probably not. Either way, I thought opening up a thread about them would be the best solution to my problem.

First problem up: Promo cards. I've worked with SWCCG for many years and found that they gave away cards pretty regularly at events, but they had a nice system and other promo cards were generally available and well known. LOTR seems to be a bit different, with about 200 promo cards of various types, with many available at only specific events or from certain companies/individuals. That being said, the list provided at http://lotrtcgwiki.com/ has been very helpful but it lacks in certain degrees in regard to foils (which are technically alternative playable cards) and promotional cards. My question is therefore, what sets/series/releases/events/etc. do all these freaking cards belong with?:

Promotional Cards:
??? — Saruman, Instigaor of Insurrection         P
1 — The Prancing Pony         P
2 — Bill the Pony            P
3 — Fireworks            P
4 — Council Courtyard         P
5 — Horn of Boromir             P
6 — Balin's Tomb            P
7 — Book of Mazarbul            P
8 — Galadriel's Glade            P
9 — Phial of Galadriel            P
10 — The Balrog, Durin's Bane         P
11 — Saruman, Servant of the Eye      P
12 — Gimli, Son of Gloin         P
13 — Legolas, Greenleaf         P
14 — Aragorn, Ranger of the North      P
16 — Faramir, Son of Denethor         P
17 — Eowyn, Lady of Rohan         P
18 — Smeagol, Old Noser         P
20 — Black Rider            P
22 — Fell Beast               P
25 — Denethor, Wizened Steward      P
27 — Frodo, Resolute Hobbit         P
30 — The Balrog, Terror of Flame and Shadow   P
31 — The Pale Blade            P
32 — Gandalf, Mithrandir         P
33 — Firefoot               P
34 — Gimli's Helm            P
35 — Faramir, Captain of Gondor      P
36 — Whip of Many Thongs         P
37 — The Witch-king, Lord of the Nazgul   P
38 — Gandalf's Staff, Walking Stick      P
39 — Eowyn, Sister-daughter of Theoden   P
40 — Axe of Erebor            P
41 — Aragorn's Bow            P
42 — The Balrog's Sword         P
43 — Ulaire Nelya, Rinwraith in Twilight      P
44 — Glamdring, Lightning Brand      P
45 — Eomer, Third Marshel of Riddermark   P
46 — Gimli, Skilled Defender         P
47 — Aragorn, Defender of Free Peoples   P
48 — Shelob, Last Child of Ungoliant      P
49 — Eomer, Keeper of Oaths         P
50 — Glorfindel, Revealed in Wrath      P
51 — Radagast, The Brown         P
52 — Goldberry, River-daughter         P
53 — Tom Bombadil, The Master      P
56 — Ghan-Buri-Ghan, Chieftain of the Woses   P
57 — Radagast's Staff            P
58 — Anárion, Lord of Anórien         P
59 — Erkenbrand, Master of Westfold      P
60 — Tom Bombadil's Hat         P
62 — Gimli, Dwarven Delegate         P
63 — Arwen, Maiden of Rivendell      P
64 — Gandalf, Stormcrow         P
65 — Boromir, Steward's Heir         P
66 — Eomer, forthwith Banished         P
67 — Frodo, Mr. Underhill         P
69 — Nocked               P
70 — Gandalf, Leader of the Company      P
71 — Boromir, Hero of Osgiliath         P
72 — Bow of Minas Tirith         P
73 — Armored Easterling         P
74 — Poleaxe               P
75 — Chamption Orc            P
76 — Spurred to Battle            P
77 — Riders of the Mark         P
78 — Sam, Steadfast Friend         P
80 — Eomer, Eored Leader         P
81 — Ulaire Toldea, Black Shadow      P
89 — Jarnsmid, Barding Emissary      P
90 — Vapour and Steam         P
91 — Massing Strength            P
92 — Morgul Tormentor            P
93 — Farmer Maggot, Hobbit of the Marish   P
94 — Mithril-coat, Dwarf-mail         P
95 — Saruman, Agent of the Dark Lord      P
96 — Keening Wail            P
97 — Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders   P
98 — Ulaire Lemenya, Black Enemy      P
99 — Ulaire Nelya, Black Hunter         P
100 — The Mouth of Sauron, Messenger of Mordor   P
101 — Orophin, Brother of Haldir      P
102 — Grima, Footman of Saruman      P
106 — Hama, Captain of the King's Guard   P
118 — Eowyn, Restless Warrior         P
119 — Isildur, Heir of Elendil         P
120 — Isengard Marauder         P
121 — Covetous Uruk            P
128 — Primitive Brand            P

League Cards:
D1 — Buckland Homestead         P
D2 — Caras Galadhon            P
D3 — Cavern Entrance            P
D4 — Neekerbreekers' Bog         P
D8 — Cave Troll of Moria, Menace of the Underdeeps   P
D16 — Arwen, Maiden of Rivendell      P
D17 — Gandalf, Stormcrow         P
D20 — Saruman, Many-coloured Wizard   P
D21 — Moria Skirmishers         P
D23 — Eomer, Forthwith Banished      P
D24 — Morgul Patrol            P

The remaining cards, those in the gaps, have been assigned to specific series/events/etc. such as DGMA tournaments, DecipherCons, (pre-)releases, dAgent, GTS 2005, LOTR Online TCG, etc. I was somewhat curious what the (pre-)release cards are, but it isn't uber important. Another issue I need answered is are any of the promotional cards foils? If so, I would like them noted as foils get a different checkbox type to note the different type of card.

Second problem: Prior to Shadows, did every card (at least those included in expansions) also have a foil version, or were the foils limited to specific cards (e.g., rares)? I know starting from Shadows, foils were only available for specific cards which are noted in the cardlist at the address above, but prior to that I don't know how things worked.

Third problem/question: Did Decipher release any rules cards with any expansion, or were rules always provided separately (on a sheet of paper)?

Thanks for any help that can be provided. The list is progressing nicely and should be done in probably a month if I get quick answers to questions. The expansions should be much easier than the promo cards, which often screw up these lists.

September 27, 2009, 06:59:27 AM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: Questions for Complete Cardlist
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 06:59:27 AM »
Another issue I need answered is are any of the promotional cards foils? If so, I would like them noted as foils get a different checkbox type to note the different type of card.

A few promotional cards were released in foil and non-foil form--0P16, 0P17, 0P18, and 0P22. After that, any promo that was released as a foil was only released as a foil.

Second problem: Prior to Shadows, did every card (at least those included in expansions) also have a foil version, or were the foils limited to specific cards (e.g., rares)? I know starting from Shadows, foils were only available for specific cards which are noted in the cardlist at the address above, but prior to that I don't know how things worked.

Prior to Shadows, there was a foil version of every single card (making Lord of the Rings one of the hardest games to complete a foil set of).

Third problem/question: Did Decipher release any rules cards with any expansion, or were rules always provided separately (on a sheet of paper)?

There were no rule cards--rule books were updated and released with appropriate starter decks and were available online.
-wtk

September 27, 2009, 07:32:22 AM
Reply #2

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 07:32:22 AM »
0P30-0P47 were part of the Countdown to the King collection. If you bought $10 worth of packs each week leading into the Return of the King set, you would get one of those promotional cards (they were also given for participation in unofficial events). After those cards, most cards ended up having the special occasion printed on them.

Saruman, Instigator of Insurrection never existed, neither did any of the "League Cards" with "fill-in-your-own-text." The triumph and menace series was online only as was the Saint Patrick's Day special cards.
-wtk

September 27, 2009, 07:44:52 AM
Reply #3

Malachi

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 07:44:52 AM »
Saruman, Instigator of Insurrection (?) - This card does not exist. It is an incomplete on-line preview, the actual Saruman, Instigator of Insurrection has an image and costs  [3], not [4]. I should recommend Kralik to remove it from the database.

0P12, 0P13 and 0P14 were included with the Collector's Release of The Fellowship of the Ring Special Edition DVD set, among other goodies.

0P30 - 0P47 were distributed as a part of Countdown to King campaign, with 0P50, 0P51, 0P52 and 0P53 being the special price of the campaign. Decipher website is down, so use Google to learn the details.

0P62 - 0P67 were originally cards exclusive to LOTR Online, where during a certain promotional actions bonus points were earned, that could be used to expand the stats and the gametext of those cards. A short number of physical copies exists (ve-ery hard and expensive to get), not sure where they were distributed. Same goes for all League cards with D in collection number, except those do not exist in printed versions.

September 27, 2009, 10:54:24 AM
Reply #4

Kralik

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 10:54:24 AM »
Saruman, Instigator of Insurrection (?) - This card does not exist. It is an incomplete on-line preview, the actual Saruman, Instigator of Insurrection has an image and costs  [3], not [4]. I should recommend Kralik to remove it from the database.

That's a good idea... I think I only added it back a couple years ago because I was on a mission to make the database as large as possible. Though I did enjoy the Ace Ventura version :p (someone still have that?)

Done.

whaleyland, the P after each title is mostly for the purposes of autolink, and isn't actually in the title of the card. Also note that some of the cards in the database have titles edited to be correct with errata (Bilbo, Retired Adventurer, Ulaire Otsea LoM, etc.) which are different than print versions.

September 27, 2009, 01:25:55 PM
Reply #5

whaleyland

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 01:25:55 PM »
whaleyland, the P after each title is mostly for the purposes of autolink, and isn't actually in the title of the card. Also note that some of the cards in the database have titles edited to be correct with errata (Bilbo, Retired Adventurer, Ulaire Otsea LoM, etc.) which are different than print versions.

Does anyone have a list of the print versions of all the cards, then? The P's are actually there because they are all promo cards. I stick the rarities after the card names in my list, parcing apart the 0P12 (or whatever) into its component parts of "0" Series, "P" Promotional/Premium card, and "12" Card Number. It makes the list look much cleaner and reduces the need for repetition. The cards on the list end up looking like:

Series Title (Series #)
Card # — Card Name     Card Rarity, thus:

Fellowship of the Ring (Series 1)
1 — The One Ring, Isildur's Bane    R

And so on through the series. Promotional is the only annoying one because the promo cards are all technically available through different means even though they are all Series 0. A list of all printed cards is the goal, although I guess I could adapt something for the online game as well. I believe that game is ending in the next few years, though, leaving the physical version as the main way to play again. Any list of corrected card titles would be much appreciated, so that they are in line with the printed versions. Thank you!

September 27, 2009, 02:46:20 PM
Reply #6

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 02:46:20 PM »
Also, not listed in the card database are 0D13 and 0D14 (and possibly 0D9-12). Also with 0P127 having only one known copy, I don't think there is anyone who has every LOTR card ever made.

September 27, 2009, 02:52:09 PM
Reply #7

Kralik

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 02:52:09 PM »
You could very easily and quickly make such a list from the Excel worksheet. Just rearrange the columns to your liking, delete those you don't want, and export to text. Add any columns with spacing, dashes, whatever.

The official online LOTR is dead. However, there are plenty in these forums that play online unofficially through various means.

September 27, 2009, 03:32:38 PM
Reply #8

whaleyland

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 03:32:38 PM »
True true, and I was going to address that. I am a historian as my day job, so I guess cold hard paper cards are much better to me than online digital not-real cards. In either case, I will check out the Excel worksheet and use accordingly. I will also take into account the various promo releases mentioned here. One big question remains, however: what do all the remaining promo cards go to? The ones that don't mention the reason for release directly on the card? There are still over 100 unaccounted for. Were any released in promo packs like the SWCCG Jedi Pack, or released in Official Tournament Sealed Decks or Anthologies?

hehe. It seems I'm getting the entire Last Homely House community in on this project, which is very good. Maybe I will mention your site in the credits at the end. Compiling takes a lot of work, but when credit is due, I strive to note it.

September 27, 2009, 08:19:56 PM
Reply #9

whaleyland

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 08:19:56 PM »
Same goes for all League cards with D in collection number, except those do not exist in printed versions.

Wait, so are you saying that none of the "D" cards were actually printed?

September 27, 2009, 08:21:16 PM
Reply #10

Kralik

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 08:21:16 PM »
Same goes for all League cards with D in collection number, except those do not exist in printed versions.

Wait, so are you saying that none of the "D" cards were actually printed?

"Triumph and Menace" series were not actually printed. Many others were (at least 0D1-0D8, ask others for details).

September 27, 2009, 08:32:13 PM
Reply #11

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
    • My website
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 08:32:13 PM »
0D1-8 and 0D13-14 were printed as real cards.

September 27, 2009, 08:37:20 PM
Reply #12

whaleyland

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2009, 08:37:20 PM »
Does anyone have a complete list of the printed #D# cards? This is what I've got:

D1 — Buckland Homestead   (REAL)      
D2 — Caras Galadhon   (REAL)   
D3 — Cavern Entrance (REAL)      
D4 — Neekerbreekers' Bog   (REAL)   
D5 — Theodred, Second Marshal of the Mark (REAL)
D6 — Elendil, High-King of Gondor (REAL)
D7 — Ordnance Grunt    (REAL)
D8 — Bilbo, Aged Ring-bearer (REAL)      
D8 — Cave Troll of Moria, Menace of the Underdeep (Misnumbered Menace Card. ONLINE)
D9 — Army of Harad            
D10 — The Nazgul            
D11 — Eowyn, Daughter of Kings      
D12 — Army of Sauron         
D13 — Falls of Rauros    (REAL)   
D14 — Imladris (REAL)
D15 – Gimli      
D16 — Arwen, Maiden of Rivendell      
D17 — Gandalf, Stormcrow         
D18 — ?
D19 — ?
D20 — Saruman, Many-coloured Wizard   
D21 — Moria Skirmishers   
D22 — ?      
D23 — Eomer, Forthwith Banished      
D24 — Morgul Patrol            

I also am confused which are foil cards. I think they all are, since they were suppose to be rewards, but I'm not certain. D5, D6, and D8 (Bilbo) were all tournament promos which were made in extremely limited supply. I'm not sure if any others were only released at certain events or what. D9-D15 are all derived from eBay listings, so I don't know how accurate they are. I found one contradiction already and I am missing the rest of the Gimli card. Wow, this card game has really bad promo-card management!

Also with 0P127 having only one known copy, I don't think there is anyone who has every LOTR card ever made.

Was only one of all the dAgent cards made?

Edit: Added question at bottom and (REAL) notes.
Edit: Fixed 0D8 cards.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 08:32:54 PM by whaleyland »

September 27, 2009, 08:42:56 PM
Reply #13

HawkeyeSPF

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2009, 08:42:56 PM »
0p1-9 are the original league kit. when Fellowship of the Ring first launched, they had leagues set up at various card shops. when you joined a league, you got the league kit and one of the deckbuilder cards (un-numbered).
0p10 was the card given away at Mines of Moria pre-release tournament events (one per participant).
0p11 was the card given away in SCRYE magazines leading up to the release of Realms of the Elf Lords.
0p12-14 were the cards included with the Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition Deluxe box dvd set.
0p15 was the card given away at Realms of the Elf Lords pre-release tournament events (one per participant).
0p16 (non-foil) was available at conventions in the summer of 2002 and as a mail-in offer in the fall of 2002.
0p16 (foil) was available for participation in leagues in 2002.
0p17 (non-foil) was available was available at conventions in the summer of 2002 and as a mail-in offer in the fall of 2002.
0p17 (foil) was available for participation in leagues in 2002.
0p18 (non-foil) was available as a retail incentive for purchasing $10 of Battle of Helm's Deep
0p18 (foil) was available for participation in leagues in 2003.
0p19 was the card given away at Battle of Helm's Deep pre-release tournament events (one per participant)
0p20 was available from Decipher employees during the Black Rider tours (one per player/participant)
0p21 was the card given away at Ents of Fangorn pre-release tournament events (one per participant)
0p22 (non-foil) was available as a retail incentive for purchasing $10 of Ents of Fangorn
0p22 (foil) was available for participation in leagues in 2003.
0p23 was the card givent to players for signing up for Lord of the Rings Online TCG early on after the official launch.
0p24 was the card given away during a LotR Online TCG promotion - for every $10 spent you got one copy.
0p25 was available at conventions in 2003
0p26 was the card given away at Return of the King pre-release tournament events (one per participant).
0p27 was given away by dAgents to movie-goers when Return of the King first played in theaters.
0p28 was given to particpants of Premier Series Qualifiers.
0p29 was given to particpants of State Championships.
0p30-47 were the Countdown to the King Collection, as described above.
0p48 was the retail incentive for Siege of Gondor ($10 purchase)
0p49 was the pre-release card for Siege of Gondor.
0p50-53 were the final cards in the Countdown Collection (mail-in certificate required)
0p54 was the pre-release card for Reflections events
0p55 was the pre-release card for Mount Doom events
0p56-60 were another retail promotion ($10 purchase gets you that week's card)
0p61 was given to Premier Series Qualifier participants
0p62-67 were available only through the LotR Online TCG league program (join a league, get that week's league card mailed to you).
0p68 was available at DecipherCon 2004
0p69-78 were tournament prizes (rares went to first place, uncommons to second place, and commons to random participants)
0p79 was the release event card for Shadows.

i'm gonna stop there for now, it's getting late and i've gotta get up early.

i'll try to finish this off later.

September 27, 2009, 09:20:43 PM
Reply #14

whaleyland

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2009, 09:20:43 PM »
Wow, thank you much for the list you have so far. If you could finish it at your first opportunity, I would greatly appreciate it. I've updated my list entirely to match your notes. I assume for the cards that you don't note Foil/Non foil that they are regular non-foil cards. If I am wrong about that, please correct me. They get different types of check boxes. Thank you!

September 28, 2009, 04:49:32 AM
Reply #15

Kralik

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 04:49:32 AM »
whaleyland, remember that if it says "Triumph and Menace" series in the notes in the card database, it is not real. For example, the 0D8 Cave Troll (duplicate number as real Bilbo). Also, I don't think there are any real cards in the high D gaps. Maybe online cards.

September 28, 2009, 12:07:39 PM
Reply #16

whaleyland

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 12:07:39 PM »
I thought the Triumph and Menace series cards were all given the rarity of "W"? The ones on the Excel spreadsheet follow that. None of the "D" rarity cards have Triumph and Menace noted for them.

September 28, 2009, 12:28:16 PM
Reply #17

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 12:28:16 PM »
I thought the Triumph and Menace series cards were all given the rarity of "W"? The ones on the Excel spreadsheet follow that. None of the "D" rarity cards have Triumph and Menace noted for them.

0D8 Cave Troll of Moria, Menace of the Underdeeps (D) was misprinted.
-wtk

September 28, 2009, 04:49:21 PM
Reply #18

Kralik

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 04:49:21 PM »
Regarding Cave Troll of Moria, Menace of the Underdeeps (D) ... note that it has the Menace keyword. When you combine that with a duplicate card number, I'd say it's out of place.

September 28, 2009, 06:52:25 PM
Reply #19

whaleyland

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 06:52:25 PM »
Regarding Cave Troll of Moria, Menace of the Underdeeps (D) ... note that it has the Menace keyword. When you combine that with a duplicate card number, I'd say it's out of place.

Point taken. I will remove it from the list and kill the duplication. Thank you!

September 30, 2009, 01:11:29 PM
Reply #20

whaleyland

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2009, 01:11:29 PM »
i'm gonna stop there for now, it's getting late and i've gotta get up early.

i'll try to finish this off later.

Any chance you can finish this off soon? I'm already done with the Realms of the Elf-lords expansion, but the promos are first (Series 0). Thanks!

I thought I'd post a preview of the cardlist as it stands right now. It's progressing pretty well. I've finished the Fellowship block and am going to begin the Two Towers block later today. The promotional cards are not completed yet, pending the request above, but they are formatted properly, just many are missing their headers. Also, I am certain that more of the promotional cards are foil-only than I have listed. If anyone knows which promos are foil-only, that information would be appreciated. I hope you like the list! I will keep working on it over the next few weeks until it is done, then upload the final draft to BoardGameGeek for public use.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 02:03:43 PM by whaleyland »

September 30, 2009, 03:55:19 PM
Reply #21

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2009, 03:55:19 PM »
The list looks great so far. Wish I could be more help, but my understanding is that any promo version post-Shadows that does not have a foil version in the set would be foil. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule, and that would be where someone else would be a better help!
-wtk

September 30, 2009, 05:33:30 PM
Reply #22

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
    • My website
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2009, 05:33:30 PM »
The list looks great, just one error I see so far. 0P129 Watcher of San Ford is listed as well as in it's proper place, in 0P127's Aragorn's place. Also the Faramir AFD Promo is not a real card.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 05:54:25 PM by MR. Lurtzy »

October 05, 2009, 03:24:57 AM
Reply #23

whaleyland

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 03:24:57 AM »
Okay, new question...or rather, confirmation. The names of the various official playable blocks are: Fellowship, Tower, King, War of the Ring, and Open, correct? It seems that Reflections fits in the Open block, is that also correct? Where do the promo cards fit, also Open?

Assuming Reflections and Promos are Open, which covers the last five or so expansions as well, I have decided to push those two expansions, despite their Series numbers, to the Open block to better fit their designations. That way, the Fellowship, Tower, King, and War of the Ring blocks can all be together. Any objections to this?

Finally, wasn't Reflections released before the Open Block was ever created? If so, how did players use Reflections (and early promo) cards when there were only the three blocks?

Like usual, thanks for any insight you can provide. I finally received my Two Towers 2-Player Introductory Game and am slowly reading through the rules and watching/playing the tutorial CD. It's quite well done, actually. The game looks awesome, too, and I will be sure to play an actual run-through with my girlfriend sometime this week. Cheers!

October 05, 2009, 09:08:39 AM
Reply #24

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 09:08:39 AM »
Fellowship Block: Sets 1, 2, 3
Towers Block: Sets 4, 5, 6
Towers Standard: Sets 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, with X-List
King Block: Sets 7, 8, 10
Movie Block: Sets 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, with X-List
War of the Ring Block: 11, 12, 13
Hunters Block: 15, 17, 18
Standard: 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, with X-List
Expanded: All sets, with X-list and R-List
Open: All sets, with R-List
Poorman's: Only Commons and Uncommons, pick any other block (so, you could say, poorman's movie or poorman's open, etc.)

Movie Block is my favorite block. I don't play anything beyond set 10, but Movie Block is how the game stood when set 10 (the last movie-specific set) was released.

There may be some corrections here that need to be made past movie block. So thanks to anyone who sets me straight!
-wtk

October 05, 2009, 09:59:12 AM
Reply #25

whaleyland

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 09:59:12 AM »
What are these mysterious X-List and R-List cards you so speak? I have not heard of them before.

October 05, 2009, 10:08:51 AM
Reply #26

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 10:08:51 AM »
The X-List is a set of cards that cannot be used in particular blocks, generally due to being broken cards or part of broken combination. The Movie Block X-List is listed here: http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php/topic,1053.0.html

An example would be Gondorian Captain. On his own, he's a pretty reasonable companion. But, when coupled with Base of Mindolluin, you could build a deck full of fortifications, and then cycle out every fortification in your deck at site three...leaving only Shadow cards in your deck. That's just unfair, so he was X-ed.

The R-List is a group of cards in certain blocks where you can have 1 copy of that particular card. An example is Fortress Never Fallen in open.
-wtk

October 05, 2009, 08:54:07 PM
Reply #27

whaleyland

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 08:54:07 PM »
I just noticed, is Reflections considered part of the Movie Block? You note that it is, but I wasn't sure if that was just a mistake. If so, how does it fit in with the rest? Can it only be played when playing Movie Block, or can the cards be integrated into Fellowship, Tower, or King blocks?

October 05, 2009, 09:44:49 PM
Reply #28

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2009, 09:44:49 PM »
Movie, Standard, and Expanded.

October 08, 2009, 07:20:16 PM
Reply #29

whaleyland

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2009, 07:20:16 PM »
The card list is now done except for the promotional cards. Since it seems HawkeyeSPF cannot complete his description of the various promotional releases, is anyone else able to finish the list? I need a description of where all the promo cards come from starting with card 0P80. I have some already categorized but I'd like everything double checked. I can post my draft of the cardlist here if anyone wants to see it, but it is not the final without the promo cards. Thank you!

October 08, 2009, 10:53:41 PM
Reply #30

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2009, 10:53:41 PM »
I'd help but I got out of the game at set 11. So...unfortunately no help with the Promos.
-wtk

October 09, 2009, 05:48:20 AM
Reply #31

HawkeyeSPF

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2009, 05:48:20 AM »
i've done enough typing. if you want the rest of them, you can find the info on the web yourself.

October 09, 2009, 08:13:54 AM
Reply #32

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2009, 08:13:54 AM »
i've done enough typing. if you want the rest of them, you can find the info on the web yourself.

Ouch.
-wtk

October 09, 2009, 10:54:27 AM
Reply #33

whaleyland

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2009, 10:54:27 AM »
Okay then. We know who the resident jerk of this website is. I've done my part, spent hours making the list using at least some of my own research. And then I ask numerous times, but every time politely, for a list of the remaining promo cards after HawkeyeSPF voluntarly gave the first, only to be rebuffed by utter rudeness.

I have searched Google thoroughly four times looking for a point of origin of the remaining promo cards and I have come up short every time. Does anyone know more information about them? Otherwise, I'm posting the cardlist without the information. Honestly, after HawkeyeSFP's response, I'm rather turned off to getting this thing done, if only to because of the legacy of the sheer inappropriateness of Hawkeye. If anyone wants the remaining 40 cards properly formatted and consistent with the rest of the list, please speak up soon or I am uploading  to BGG and moving on to other things. Thanks.

October 09, 2009, 10:57:41 AM
Reply #34

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2009, 10:57:41 AM »
Whaley, it's not my place to apologize for him, but Hawkeye can be...blunt about a lot of things.

Even so, I'd hope that you don't feel like that is a representation of the average Lord of the Rings TCG player. What card numbers particularly do you still need and I can see if I can figure out some of them for you. I may still know someone at Decipher who could know (but the guys at Decipher are really #$&*@! whenever you bring up their closed-down card games).
-wtk

October 09, 2009, 11:17:32 AM
Reply #35

whaleyland

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2009, 11:17:32 AM »
Whaley, it's not my place to apologize for him, but Hawkeye can be...blunt about a lot of things.

Noted. And I too hope that the entire community is not this way.

These are the cards I need are as follows (ignore the dots and the Ps, they are copied from my cardlist. The dots do not necessarily represent uniqueness):
•80 — Eomer, Eored Leader         P
•81 — Ulaire Toldea, Black Shadow      P
•89 — Jarnsmid, Barding Emissary      P
•90 — Vapour and Steam         P
•91 — Massing Strength         P
•92 — Morgul Tormentor         P
•93 — Farmer Maggot, Hobbit of the Marish   P
•94 — Mithril-coat, Dwarf-mail         P
•95 — Saruman, Agent of the Dark Lord   P
•96 — Keening Wail            P
•97 — Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders   P
•98 — Ulaire Lemenya, Black Enemy      P
•99 — Ulaire Nelya, Black Hunter      P
•100 — The Mouth of Sauron, Messenger of Mordor   P
•101 — Orophin, Brother of Haldir      P
•102 — Grima, Footman of Saruman      P
•106 — Hama, Captain of the King's Guard   P
•118 — Eowyn, Restless Warrior      P
•119 — Isildur, Heir of Elendil         P
•120 — Isengard Marauder         P
•121 — Covetous Uruk            P
•128 — Primitive Brand         P
•D13 — Falls of Rauros         P
•D14 — Imladris            P

The other thing I still need to know which of the promos are standard and which are foil. I know which ones are both, but not which way the others swing. Thank you very much!

October 09, 2009, 11:48:40 AM
Reply #36

Kralik

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2009, 11:48:40 AM »

Okay then. We know who the resident jerk of this website is. I've done my part, spent hours making the list using at least some of my own research. And then I ask numerous times, but every time politely, for a list of the remaining promo cards after HawkeyeSPF voluntarly gave the first, only to be rebuffed by utter rudeness.

Don't forget, this is the Internet, where tone of voice is absent and the best we can do is try to communicate via smileys and font settings. I wouldn't read too much rudeness into it, just more along the lines of "I'm tired" as Hawkeye posted before.

October 10, 2009, 02:07:35 PM
Reply #37

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2009, 02:07:35 PM »

Noted. And I too hope that the entire community is not this way.

These are the cards I need are as follows (ignore the dots and the Ps, they are copied from my cardlist. The dots do not necessarily represent uniqueness):
•80 — Eomer, Eored Leader         P
•81 — Ulaire Toldea, Black Shadow      P
•89 — Jarnsmid, Barding Emissary      P
•90 — Vapour and Steam         P
•91 — Massing Strength         P
•92 — Morgul Tormentor         P
•93 — Farmer Maggot, Hobbit of the Marish   P
•94 — Mithril-coat, Dwarf-mail         P
•95 — Saruman, Agent of the Dark Lord   P
•96 — Keening Wail            P
•97 — Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders   P
•98 — Ulaire Lemenya, Black Enemy      P
•99 — Ulaire Nelya, Black Hunter      P
•100 — The Mouth of Sauron, Messenger of Mordor   P
•101 — Orophin, Brother of Haldir      P
•102 — Grima, Footman of Saruman      P
•106 — Hama, Captain of the King's Guard   P
•118 — Eowyn, Restless Warrior      P
•119 — Isildur, Heir of Elendil         P
•120 — Isengard Marauder         P
•121 — Covetous Uruk            P
•128 — Primitive Brand         P
•D13 — Falls of Rauros         P
•D14 — Imladris            P

The other thing I still need to know which of the promos are standard and which are foil. I know which ones are both, but not which way the others swing. Thank you very much!

wait a sec... you have 0P127?
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

October 10, 2009, 02:15:49 PM
Reply #38

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2009, 02:15:49 PM »
No...he needs the information on how the Promo was acquired. He knows that 0P127 was a D'Agent card.
-wtk

October 16, 2009, 05:09:46 PM
Reply #39

whaleyland

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2009, 05:09:46 PM »
Alright, I have decided to post this on BGG this coming Monday night. I have discovered the origins of a few more cards, but not all of them. The list of cards that I still don't know their origins is as follows:

0P99Ulaire Nelya, Black Hunter
0P101Orophin, Brother of Haldir
0P102Grima, Footman of Saruman
0P118 — Eowyn, Restless Warrior
0P119 — Isildur, Heir of Elendil
0P120 — Isengard Marauder
0P121 — Covetous Uruk
0P128 — Primitive Brand
0D13 — Falls of Rauros
0D14 — Imladris

I would like some clarity on if 0D13 and 0D14 actually exist in print form, because people have claimed they did but have given no proof. That's everything. If anyone knows the info behind these cards and how they were originally obtained, I will add them in. If not, I will place them under a generic heading and post it on BGG Monday night. Thanks for all your help!

October 16, 2009, 05:14:24 PM
Reply #40

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2009, 05:14:24 PM »
I would like some clarity on if 0D13 and 0D14 actually exist in print form, because people have claimed they did but have given no proof.

You can find them on eBay every once in a while, but no one here has ever purchased one (to my knowledge).

Keep in mind, there are foreign promos that are not on the above list.
-wtk

October 16, 2009, 07:27:10 PM
Reply #41

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
    • My website
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2009, 07:27:10 PM »
I have a 0D14.

October 16, 2009, 09:10:01 PM