LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here  (Read 177308 times)

July 26, 2017, 01:21:53 PM
Reply #2295

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here
« Reply #2295 on: July 26, 2017, 01:21:53 PM »
Not so much a bug, more a typo... Gil-Galad, HKOTN is missing the elven culture icon from its game text at his first ability (as the errata text is shown in GEMP). I know it caused a bit of confusion for some players thinking it can return any skirmish event and never really understood why until just now I noticed it.

Not a big deal though, just saying :)

September 19, 2017, 07:24:53 AM
Reply #2296

BigRedMF

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #2296 on: September 19, 2017, 07:24:53 AM »
Bug with Dead Marshes - the card says you may play "up to 2" Sauron conditions from your discard, but when you use the card it forces you to play 2 if you have at least 2 in the discard. In the replay at Site 9 I wanted to only play 1 as the other condition would have exerted my orc, but I wasn't given the option to decline playing the second condition.

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=bigredmf$9r4clakryzq04wa9

September 20, 2017, 04:33:46 PM
Reply #2297

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #2297 on: September 20, 2017, 04:33:46 PM »
Bug with Dead Marshes - the card says you may play "up to 2" Sauron conditions from your discard, but when you use the card it forces you to play 2 if you have at least 2 in the discard. In the replay at Site 9 I wanted to only play 1 as the other condition would have exerted my orc, but I wasn't given the option to decline playing the second condition.

Just making a note that the same error exists for Morgul Squealer.

November 03, 2017, 09:23:10 PM
Reply #2298

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #2298 on: November 03, 2017, 09:23:10 PM »
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=bibfortuna$avx06zv9ppbptep3

At site 5, The Witch-king, Deathless Lord didn't activate when a companion was killed. Since every companion was exhausted, I should have been able to wound the only ally he had in play.
All cards do what they say, no more, no less.

November 04, 2017, 07:13:24 AM
Reply #2299

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
« Reply #2299 on: November 04, 2017, 07:13:24 AM »
Throne of the Golden Hall lets you exert the Man about to take a wound, but the card says "exert another".

Seeking New Foes forces the Shadow player to do Lurkers last, but this restriction applies only to the FP player.

Cast from the Hall seems to function the way it did pre-errata
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

November 14, 2017, 06:47:59 PM
Reply #2300

Merrick_H

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #2300 on: November 14, 2017, 06:47:59 PM »
Ford of Bruinen lets you play EVERY Nazgul, not just the first at -5 twilight!

Now everyone has something to complain about regarding the power of Nazgul in F-Block

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Merrick H$aq58mh6709liy986

April 29, 2018, 02:14:14 PM
Reply #2301

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #2301 on: April 29, 2018, 02:14:14 PM »
A great deal of bugs have been fixed over the past few months; the change log will be updated in the next server patch. I think all bugs mentioned in this thread have either been fixed or are listed below, so this should serve as a good marker for new bug reports. Here are the known (and undisputed) bugs which remain:

Throne of the Golden Hall lets you exert the Man about to take a wound, but the card says "exert another".
Seeking New Foes forces the Shadow player to do Lurkers last, but this restriction applies only to the FP player.
Cast from the Hall seems to function the way it did pre-errata
Halls of My Home is a forced discard, rather than an optional one (thanks to Dictionary for these)
Orkish Sneak doesn't always work as intended
Final Cry can't be used if The Balrog dies as a result of the skirmish
The Witch-king, Deathless Lord does nothing if all companions and allies are exhausted
Nine-Fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom does nothing if there are no burdens and only one threat
Drawn to Its Power (and similar effects) adds a burden even if it was The Ring-bearer who was killed
Dwarven Axe discards one card per minion rather than one card per player
Discarding from Watcher in the Water doesn't prevent certain effects when minions are played (such as Moria Scout and Fat One Wants It)
Allies can transfer items to other allies with different home sites (a patch for this one has been made, courtesy of Tbiesty)
Game crashes when replacing a controlled site
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 02:17:18 PM by Phallen Cassidy »

April 29, 2018, 03:30:10 PM
Reply #2302

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #2302 on: April 29, 2018, 03:30:10 PM »
In Gemp, does Final Cry work if The Balrog survives the skirmish but his Whip doesn't? (a [Gondor] fortification + Fall Back.)
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

April 30, 2018, 01:24:59 PM
Reply #2303

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #2303 on: April 30, 2018, 01:24:59 PM »
Loud and Strong can be used both while it is in play and while it is in your hand.

I seriously have no idea how that one happened ???
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

May 01, 2018, 04:59:34 AM
Reply #2304

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #2304 on: May 01, 2018, 04:59:34 AM »
In Gemp, does Final Cry work if The Balrog survives the skirmish but his Whip doesn't? (a [Gondor] fortification + Fall Back.)

No, currently Gemp doesn't keep track of whether Whip of Many Thongs started in the skirmish, only if it ended in the skirmish. It does keep track of minions though, which is why I could get Loathsome fixed and Final Cry is still broken. Adding that capacity is on my list of things to figure out.

May 02, 2018, 04:00:23 AM
Reply #2305

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #2305 on: May 02, 2018, 04:00:23 AM »
Perhaps you can make the event, while in hand, "spot" the Whip in play during the (Balrog's) skirmish to activate itself. To trigger then at the end of the skirmish, with or without a Balrog or Whip.

I mean, it'd be a specific event checking a present situation to "unlock" a future potential response, in constrast to the game checking for a past situation.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 07:14:30 AM by Durin's Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

June 10, 2018, 08:27:44 AM
Reply #2306

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #2306 on: June 10, 2018, 08:27:44 AM »
Tower Troll's prevention prompt is "Would you like to - null - to prevent" rather than "Would you like to - exert a companion - to prevent"

June 21, 2018, 03:23:21 AM
Reply #2307

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #2307 on: June 21, 2018, 03:23:21 AM »
This isn't really a bug as such, but Gemp is very inconsistent with applying accents. All versions of Eomer, Eowyn and Theoden have them, as well as Eowyn's Sword, but their other equipment doesn't. Smeagol, Deagol and Leowyn don't. The Sister-children of Theoden also don't. Neither does Hama.

To put it another way, most cards don't have them, but a few do. This was brought up 6 years ago (Page 52, this thread), perhaps with intent to add the missing accents, but that never happened. I would argue having them is actually detrimental as they don't appear when searched for normally, and they won't link when transferred to a Last Homely House deck. I believe the wiki doesn't use them because of encoding issues. In any case, it ought to be one way or another. It's a bit weird to search for "Eowyn" and just get "Leowyn" and "Eowyn's Shield".

July 19, 2018, 03:23:33 AM
Reply #2308

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #2308 on: July 19, 2018, 03:23:33 AM »
Heir to Meduseld's damage bonus appears to be based on whether "he is mounted" and not whether he "bears a mount" as far as I can tell?

From rulebook: "A mounted character means one who is 'bearing a possession with the class of mount.'" It doesn't specify the opposite, that a character who is mounted counts as bearing a mount.

So Rohan Stable Master shouldn't make Heir to Meduseld damage+1 (I think pretty much every other card talks about mounted, rather than "bearing a mount").

August 07, 2018, 06:35:28 AM
Reply #2309

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #2309 on: August 07, 2018, 06:35:28 AM »
Into the Caves seems to remove all keywords the same way Northwoman does, rather than all keywords of your choice. Not that it matters 99% of the time.