LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Moderator List  (Read 740 times)

May 15, 2008, 07:14:11 AM
Read 740 times

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Moderator List
« on: May 15, 2008, 07:14:11 AM »
Moderators have been added to our boards! Here is the current list:

Administrators:
Kralik
TheJord
Dáin Ironfoot

Global Moderators:
Felipe Musco
sickofpalantirs
Elessar's Socks
Thranduil
Lem0nhead

Just as a reminder for our mods, your basic "duties" are as follows:

- Control content in your moderated forum(S). This is the typical mod task, involving splitting topics if a particular tangent really deserves its own topic, stickying (and unstickying) topics when appropriate, locking/unlocking when appropriate (usually locking when a topic is getting out of hand for one reason or another), and at the extreme side of things, modifying or even deleting inappropriate comments, posts, or entire threads. If all goes well, you don't have to do a darn thing, but those are the type of things you MAY need/want to step in for.

- Report inappropriate behavior to the admins. Since mods don't (currently, at least) have any direct control over users, any malicious, inappropriate, hurtful, or just plain stupid behavior needs to be dealt with by the admins. This CAN include modifying or deleting certain data, as mentioned above, but most likely will need to be something the admins deal with using the admin tools, possibly all the way up to banning. I don't expect any of our regulars would ever warrant the admins having to step in, but we always need to be on the lookout for bots and less savory characters that might stumble across our boards as they grow and (hopefully) gain a reputation in the LOTR TCG community. Mods are the first line of defense against internal and exteral attacks.

Please treat them kindly, fellow forumers. I don't anticipate us ever having to take action besides normal maintenance (splitting and stickying topics and the like), but remember that the mods ARE there to keep things tidy and in good working order, so if that involves disciplinary action of some sort, they have full permission to take whatever action they deem necessary and bring the admins into the mix if needed.

That all said, I anticipate smooth sailing. :mrgreen: Have fun, folks!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 12:58:37 PM by Kralik »
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

May 15, 2008, 09:01:07 AM
Reply #1

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
Re: Moderator List
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 09:01:07 AM »
Ok, count me in, I shall be on constant lookout. Question: how do I move a Topic in-between Forums? I haven't gotten around to figuring it out yet, so I thought I might as well jusk ask. Everything else is already figured out, though! ;)

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out as well! :D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 09:23:11 AM by Felipe Musco »

May 15, 2008, 03:56:10 PM
Reply #2

menace64

• The Late-Night Moderator
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
  • Bruce Campbell is my father.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 03:56:10 PM »
I feel like a sherriff from the Shire. You know... universally loved by the inhabitants, but does little more than walk around and whistle with a feather in his cap.

June 04, 2008, 06:26:07 AM
Reply #3

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 06:26:07 AM »
I'd like to welcome our newest (and probably last for a while) moderator: Elessar's Socks! He'll be co-moderating the Archives of Minas Tirith. He's already been very helpful in answering people's LOTR gameplay questions there, so now he just gets a fancy title to go along with it. :P Thanks to him being a self-professing "night owl", he'll also be our unofficial night watchman. ;)

Welcome, ES! Glad to have you aboard. :mrgreen:
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

June 14, 2008, 03:08:32 PM
Reply #4

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 03:08:32 PM »
With the return of CC's LOTR gameplay expert bibfortuna25, the mods, Kralik and I have decided to reinstate him as a moderator of the Archives of Minas Tirith.

In a related move, TheJord has volunteered to moderate The Green Dragon, moving there as bib moves in to the Archives.

Welcome back, bib! :up:
Best regards,
Dáin

June 19, 2008, 02:16:22 PM
Reply #5

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 02:16:22 PM »
When was I made the FightKlub moderator  :P cool
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"