LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: my next (may be tricky) questions  (Read 10820 times)

August 30, 2009, 03:00:35 PM
Reply #15

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: my next (may be tricky) questions
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 03:00:35 PM »
Then why does it say to place in the dead pile? what is the down side? how can you have aragorn in the dead pile and in play?

Really. Why not just have the text say "Discard a companion from hand?"

And here's a question...if your Aragorn gets killed, and you have two now in the dead pile, does that count against two of your nine companions?
-wtk

August 30, 2009, 03:31:44 PM
Reply #16

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Life isn't a dress rehearsal.
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 03:31:44 PM »
I'm sure because of the many cards that benefit from the dead pile, and multiple use of Borne Far Away.

And yes, the dead pile counts toward the rule of 9.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 03:39:05 PM by Anautikus »
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List

August 30, 2009, 03:35:25 PM
Reply #17

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 03:35:25 PM »
I'm sure because of the many cards that benefit from the dead pile, and multiple use of Borne Far Away.

And yes, the dead pile counts toward the rule of 9.

It's just odd to think that you could have four Aragorns in the dead pile.
-wtk

August 30, 2009, 03:39:58 PM
Reply #18

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Life isn't a dress rehearsal.
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 03:39:58 PM »
Well, as per this debate, the rulebook states
"When game text instructs you to place a character in the dead pile, that character has been killed."
So I'm baffled as to what happens, if a character is killed, and still in play. I can agree with for Aragorn's in the dead pile, but the fact that one could still be in play is the odd part.

edit: Oh, I just realized the card doesn't tell you to place it in the dead pile, key word "exchange"
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 04:19:11 PM by Anautikus »
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List

August 30, 2009, 03:40:20 PM
Reply #19

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • If you want him, come and claim him!
    • Elrohir wants some cards
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 03:40:20 PM »
I think it is clear, but I can understand Olorins and St.Grimmins point of view.

If you play a second Radagast with Sent Back, and afterwards Sent Back gets discarded, is Radagast still allowed to be in play =), though there is a copy in the deadpile.

That is the reason why I play Borne far away two times in nearly every Deck, in which a wizard is  ;D

Btw; if you have more than one copy of an unique companion (eg Aragorn) in the deadpile, I am not allowed to play him from the dead pile, right?
You gave away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore.

August 30, 2009, 03:44:18 PM
Reply #20

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2009, 03:44:18 PM »
Btw; if you have more than one copy of an unique companion (eg Aragorn) in the deadpile, I am not allowed to play him from the dead pile, right?

This card is ridiculous.
-wtk

August 30, 2009, 04:44:42 PM
Reply #21

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2009, 04:44:42 PM »
If you play a second Radagast with Sent Back, and afterwards Sent Back gets discarded, is Radagast still allowed to be in play =), though there is a copy in the deadpile.
Yes of course - the Radagast in play remains unaffected because the rule regarding the dead pile only triggers when you play a companion.

Well, as per this debate, the rulebook states
"When game text instructs you to place a character in the dead pile, that character has been killed."
So I'm baffled as to what happens, if a character is killed, and still in play. I can agree with for Aragorn's in the dead pile, but the fact that one could still be in play is the odd part.

edit: Oh, I just realized the card doesn't tell you to place it in the dead pile, key word "exchange"
No, it's nothing to do with the word "exchange". "Exchanging" involves placing one guy in the dead pile and taking another one out. The reason threats are not triggered is because your quote from the rulebook is actually saying the following:

"When game text instructs you to place a character in the dead pile FROM PLAY, that character has been killed."

This is because, when no zone is specified, the default meaning is "from play". Therefore, putting a companion in the dead pile from hand DOES NOT trigger threats.

Thranduil