LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Thranduil's Virtual DC Contest - (Final Count)  (Read 42823 times)

May 15, 2008, 12:23:54 PM
Reply #15

Micah247

• Information Offline
  • Orc
I'm in again, hopefully I can learn a bit and do better this time.

May 19, 2008, 02:04:37 AM
Reply #16

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
Well, it looks like we are finishing the contest where we left off then. And after that, who knows? ;)

So, now we move onto the next round (and anyone can participate, regardless of previous rounds).

You are either to design One Whom Men Would Follow, or BOTH Swan-Ship of the Galadhrim and Support of the Last Homely House. Though you may ask: why would I design 2 cards when I could design 1? My answer would be that the [Elven] mini-cycle here would be no more work than the single [Gondor] card because the same ideas will be used in both cards, and cycles are a good way to show off good ideas.

Here are the rules for this round:

1) Have the same title (with a (V) attached to the end)
2) Have the same twilight cost and culture - the cards may be events or conditions
3) Have whatever attributes or attribute modifiers you think appropriate
4) Have a different text, maybe similar, but could also be on completely different lines *HOWEVER, each card MUST work in some way with followers, and you may even wish to design them with your Bilbo in mind from last round
5) Have a lore which you want, it's really up to you - you can keep the same lore or put in your own, it doesn't really matter.

So, your card should in the end look a bit like this:

[1]/(0) Title (V) [Culture]
Type
Str: +X
Vit: +Y
Res/Sit: +Z
Text
Lore
1 V 64/65/109

PM me with your entry before Sunday 25th May. Anyone who sends me an entry by that time will be automatically entered. And you might want to make sure that all your PMs are saved by changing your profile options just in case you want to overview the card afterwards.

And so, what is there left but to wish you good luck! 8)

Thranduil
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 02:09:39 AM by Thranduil »

May 19, 2008, 05:58:51 AM
Reply #17

Anvar

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Tzeentch's Chosen
I think you were planning this round for some time, but isn't it ironic that this round is the first at our new location? One might say that this round has the support of the last homely house...  ;)

Anvar
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do."
-Doctor Who

May 19, 2008, 08:36:24 AM
Reply #18

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
Wow, that is ironic... And it could have been this first followed by Bilbo!

Thranduil

May 19, 2008, 09:17:55 AM
Reply #19

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
DC sent
If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?

May 19, 2008, 10:23:52 AM
Reply #20

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
why do these cards need to be updated? I think they are quite useful as they are....
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

May 19, 2008, 10:27:02 AM
Reply #21

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
Because allies are an outdated concept and now we deal with followers. Hence the restrictions for this round.

Also, just because we're making a virtual card doesn't mean the original has to be useless or broken - they're just good targets. There were plenty of SWCCG virtual cards that were useful versions of just as useful originals, just with a different focus of abilities.

Thranduil

May 19, 2008, 10:31:48 AM
Reply #22

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
actually, I am going to have to drop out...I really have to work to finish school, and then we are going to DC...sorry guys
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

May 20, 2008, 04:53:53 PM
Reply #23

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
I have 4 entries, including my own! Come on guys!

Thranduil

May 20, 2008, 05:02:32 PM
Reply #24

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
PM sent. :mrgreen:

May 22, 2008, 07:18:21 AM
Reply #25

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
Sorry Thran you know its not like me so give me a break this once, i need an extension. I have forgotten upto this point as been busy at work and im out away from a PC all tomorrow and Saturday/Sunday. Its a bank holiday monday so doubt ill do it then, can i have til tuesday? If not then ill come back in next round.

Oops! Beg my pardon!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
That's like having "Some Who Ride Ponies" as a Rohan follower. ~ Dain Ironfoot.

May 22, 2008, 07:25:17 AM
Reply #26

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
With me, on the other hand, you know you'll be getting it at approximately 11:57 and 42 seconds on Saturday night. :clown:

Nah, I'll have it in by tomorrow, probably. Got a couple ideas rattling around in my head.
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

May 22, 2008, 09:22:26 AM
Reply #27

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
No it's cool, a couple of other people also wanted an extension (like AD and SoP) so the new deadline is Tuesday 27th. Gives you a chance to do it on Tuesday lem0n.

Thranduil
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 06:01:31 AM by Thranduil »

May 27, 2008, 08:32:33 AM
Reply #28

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
Re: Thranduil's Virtual DC Contest - (Voting Round 8!)
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 08:32:33 AM »
And so here are our entries for this round. Slightly fewer than we had at CC, but I suppose that's somewhat inevitable. But some new blood nonetheless.

All contestants must vote, other votes will be most appreciated.

Each person should vote for their favourite 3 in order.

Voting deadline is Saturday 31st May.
micah247
(0) One Whom Men Would Follow (V) [Gondor]
Event • Maneuver
Exert Aragorn and discard your follower to choose an opponent who must discard his or her minion.
"The skill of the elves can reforge the Sword of Elendil - but only you have the power to wield it."
1 V 109

Thranduil
[1] Support of the Last Homely House (V) [Elven]
Event • Maneuver
Discard an [Elven] follower to heal a companion (or 2 companions with resistance 5 or more).
"Merely to be there was a cure for weariness, fear and sadness."
1 V 64

[1] Swan-Ship of the Galadhrim (V) [Elven]
Event • Skirmish
Discard an [Elven] follower to make a minion skirmishing an Elf strength -3.
"… and suddenly they perceived that it was a ship, wrought and carved with elven-skill in the likeness of a bird."
1 V 65

NappyKorn
(0) One Whom Men Would Follow [Gondor]
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Spot Aragorn and transfer a follower borne by an unassigned companion to your support area to have that companion replace an unbound companion in a skirmish.
"My friend... You bow to no one."
1 V 109

Anvar
Condition • Support Area
The twilight cost of each [Elven] follower is -1.
Each time you transfer a follower to a an [Elven] companion you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. Replace it or discard it.
"Merely to be there was a cure for weariness, fear, and sadness."
1 V 64

[1] Swan-ship of the Galadhrim (V) [Elven]
Condition • Support Area
Each companion bearing an [Elven] follower is strength +1.
Each time you transfer a follower to a an [Elven] companion you may place a card from hand beneath your draw deck.
"...and suddenly they perceived that it was a ship, wrought and carved with elven-skill in the shape of a bird."
1 V 65

Mr. Lurtzy
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 2 Men.
Each time a [Gondor] follower is transferred to a companion, you may exert Aragorn to heal that companion or discard a condition borne by that companion.
"In the stern sat Aragorn son of Arathorn, proud and erect, guiding the boat with skilful strokes; his hood was cast back, and his dark hair was blowing in the wind, a light was in his eyes: a king returning from exile to his own land."
1 V 109

AgentDrake
Condition
Res: +1
To play, exert Aragorn.
Bearer must be Aragorn or a [Gondor] companion. Limit 1 per bearer.
Bearer is strength +1 for each follower attached to him or her.
"'He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance.'"
1 V 109

DáinIronfoot
Event • Skirmish
To play, spot an Elf.
Transfer an [Elven] follower from a companion to your support area to make that companion strength +3.
"Merely to be there was a cure for weariness, fear, and sadness."
1 V 64

[1] Swan-ship of the Galadhrim (V) [Elven]
Event • Archery
To play, spot an Elf.
Transfer an [Elven] follower from a companion to your support area to make the fellowship archery total +1.
"..and suddenly they percieved it was a ship, wrought and carved with elven-skill in the likeness of a bird."
1 V 65

lem0nhead
Event • Maneuver
Exert a [Gondor] man bearing an artifact to transfer a follower from your support area to an eligible companion (paying all aid costs). That companion is strength +3 and damage +1 whilst bearing that follower, until the regroup phase.
"The skill of the elves can reforge the Sword of Elendil - but only you have the power to wield it."
1 V 109

sickofpalantirs
(0) One Whom Men would Follow (V) [Gondor]
Event • Maneuver
Exert Aragorn to choose one of the following: Transfer a follower to a companion without paying its aid cost; or make a companion bearing a follower strength +3 and damage +1 until the regroup phase.
"‘The skill of the elves can reforge the sword of elendil - but only you have the power to wield it"'
1 V 109
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 02:23:59 PM by Thranduil »

May 27, 2008, 08:38:09 AM
Reply #29

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?