LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Please Help My Uruk Spies  (Read 3014 times)

October 01, 2012, 12:32:52 PM
Read 3014 times

Creator

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Please Help My Uruk Spies
« on: October 01, 2012, 12:32:52 PM »
I've been fiddling with this shadow side for some time now and can't really decide which direction to take it.

(37)

3x Uruk Spy
3x Uruk Captain
4x Orthanc Warrior
3x Uruk Rear Guard
4x Uruk Regular
2x Saruman, Servant of the Eye

2x Ulaire Attea, The Easterling
2x Ulaire Nelya, Ringwraith in Twilight
1x The Witch King, Lord of the Nazgul
2x Ulaire Enquea, LoM

4x Resistance Becomes Unbearable
4x Saruman's Reach

3x Worry

The problem is, I can't decide which strategy to go with here. Getting the Ring-bearer to put on the Ring is very difficult, especially when they see Uruk Spy come out. I like RBU because it doesn't give the freeps player a choice, whereas Saruman's Reach does.

Worry plus RBU is a great combo, except I need to win those skirmishes for Worry (hence the Uruk Rear Guard).  Plus, Worry is always vulnerable, being a condition. Saruman also helps assigning Uruks to either exhaust companions so Saruman's Reach has more impact, or to force my Uruks to win their skirmishes against weak companions for Worry.

Then again, I also need to cheap minions so I have enough guys out for Uruk Spy to pour on the burdens.

Should I just drop the Nazgul and add larger Uruks plus more cheap uruks to alternate between swarming and beatdown for Worry? Or should I focus more on cheap swarming Uruks and keep the Nazgul?

October 01, 2012, 01:02:38 PM
Reply #1

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
Re: Please Help My Uruk Spies
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 01:02:38 PM »
With this type of deck, which is harder to pull than LttG, you need at least as much focus on the Freeps as on the shadow. I have considered this one a lot, and I think it is close to impossible to pull.
I want to put something constructive next, but I can't think of anything. If your tactic fails, you need to be able to slaughter, and you just can't.
- Too expensive and too little to swarm
- No real power
- There is a lot of foresight for the opponent

Sorry, don't mean to be overall negative, but I just can't see it work...LttG however :D
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

October 01, 2012, 01:22:18 PM
Reply #2

Creator

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Re: Please Help My Uruk Spies
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 01:22:18 PM »
What if I cut out the Nazgul and just focused on using larger Uruks to win skirmishes for Worry? Something like this:

(36)

3x Uruk Spy
3x Uruk Captain
4x Uruk Regular
4x Orthanc Warrior
3x Uruk Foot Soldier
3x Uruk Rear Guard
3x Uruk Vanguard
2x Saruman, Servant of the Eye
2x Ulaire Enquea, LoM

4x Saruman's Reach

3x Worry
2x Suffered Much Loss

Stage 1 would be pulling out Worry and winning skirmishes with Vanguard and Rear Guard. Captain could drag them out of discard if need be. Saruman's Reach and Saruman, SotE could force wins and get enough wounds to make exerting for SR too risky for the Freeps Player.

Stage 2 would be Uruk Spy with a few Orthanc Warriors or Foot Soldiers, and then a final Saruman's Reach to dump 4-5 burdens in one turn.

Of course, by that point my opponent will probably be at site 6 and be healing.

I want this to work so bad, because I have almost all the cards to do it and I want to do something with them. :P
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 01:25:08 PM by Creator »