LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Starting fellowship... of eight  (Read 15437 times)

July 05, 2017, 01:00:44 AM
Reply #15

Enabran

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Re: Starting fellowship... of eight
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2017, 01:00:44 AM »
The word spot sets up a requirement for playing a card or using a special ability in conjunction with a noun such as, "To play, spot an Elf." This is equivalent to, "An Elf must be in play and active for you to play this card."

Cards in your dead pile are active during your turn, but they're not in play. You can't spot a card in your dead pile.

Normally, you don't have to spot all the cards in play that meet the requirement if you don't want to.

If a card says, "for each Elf you spot" and there are 2 Elves in play (and active), you may choose to spot 2 Elves, 1 Elf, or none.

However, if a card says, "you can spot," that means you don't have a choice and you have to spot anything and everything that meets the
requirement.

"While you can spot The Balrog, skip the archery phase" means you can't make a choice (it either works or it doesn't).

If you are playing Quickbeam as your first starting companion you have spent your 4 twilight for your starting fellowship. So you cannot play Merry or Pippin... Thats why you have to play them in the right order

Merry and Pippin are no Ents... they just say: look here somewhere on the table is another ent; you cannot see him but he is there.

July 05, 2017, 02:08:18 AM
Reply #16

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Re: Starting fellowship... of eight
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2017, 02:08:18 AM »
The word spot sets up a requirement for playing a card or using a special ability in conjunction with a noun such as, "To play, spot an Elf." This is equivalent to, "An Elf must be in play and active for you to play this card."

Cards in your dead pile are active during your turn, but they're not in play. You can't spot a card in your dead pile.

Normally, you don't have to spot all the cards in play that meet the requirement if you don't want to.

If a card says, "for each Elf you spot" and there are 2 Elves in play (and active), you may choose to spot 2 Elves, 1 Elf, or none.

However, if a card says, "you can spot," that means you don't have a choice and you have to spot anything and everything that meets the
requirement.

"While you can spot The Balrog, skip the archery phase" means you can't make a choice (it either works or it doesn't).

If you are playing Quickbeam as your first starting companion you have spent your 4 twilight for your starting fellowship. So you cannot play Merry or Pippin... Thats why you have to play them in the right order

Merry and Pippin are no Ents... they just say: look here somewhere on the table is another ent; you cannot see him but he is there.

Thank you for the lesson if you will in "spot or spotting" I gather by the looks on their faces they have been doing to much wacky pipeweed (Which I think I remember seeing in the movies .. can't quite remember. But anyway by your comment on Merry and pippen it makes me think they could be saying something like "over there is the pink Elephant in the room, you see it don't you" lol you get the idea.

So anyway with all that said even tho at the moment in time Merry and Pippen are played even tho we do not see Ents anywhere on the table for real their game text basically says they are still there somewhere? Thanks I appreciate your help.