LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: LOTR TCG Online/Offline help!  (Read 28855 times)

September 06, 2010, 03:23:13 PM
Read 28855 times

Milosz006

• Information Offline
  • Orc
LOTR TCG Online/Offline help!
« on: September 06, 2010, 03:23:13 PM »
Several summers ago when it was announced that there wouldn't be anymore LOTR TCG sets, I decided to build 5-6 (or 7 or 8?) open decks showcasing the different cultures etc. to teach my friends how to play. I used the LOTR TCG Online game in offline mode to make all the decks. Later, I wrote down what cards I was missing and saved that information in a .txt document.

It is now some years later. I get in the mood to play LOTR again so I check out what cards I am still missing. I find some online sites and start adding things to my cart. Then I realize, I don't have any actual deck lists. I look online to download the LOTR TCG Online client, but can't find a single link. I learn the game was taken down June 30th, several months ago. I find my old deck files (.ldc) and try to open them. No go. I try to read them with notepad. Nada. I search fruitlessly on Google for ways to read .ldc files and come up empty.

Is there any way to install the LOTR TCG Online client if someone still had the installer? Is it possible for any of you to load the game in offline mode and read my .ldc files? If so, I would greatly appreciate the help! I'm not willing to spend $100+ on cards when I don't even remember how the decks go together, most of them are quite new to me since I quit after ROTK (I found some of the deck ideas on forums, but I altered them all). Thanks!

September 06, 2010, 03:37:19 PM
Reply #1

Milosz006

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Re: LOTR TCG Online/Offline help!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 03:37:19 PM »
Why don't you try GCCG, where you can play for free online?
-wtk

I'd prefer to play irl, not to mention my main problem is that I don't remember/can't find out what my decks were to begin with. I already bought half the cards a few years ago, I'd like to finish my collection before the cards become impossible to find.

September 07, 2010, 07:53:53 AM
Reply #2

Milosz006

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 07:53:53 AM »
Post what you have per deck, and let some of the deck magicians around this board help you make them competitive, complete decks.

...since they are open format, this is where I bid you adieu.
-wtk

It wasn't as bad as I thought, I was able to mostly figure it out. The main problem will be the site decks, as like I said I played last during ROTK. :d

September 07, 2010, 11:58:09 AM
Reply #3

rubbercarp

• Information Offline
  • Villager
    • www.ccg-singles.com
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 11:58:09 AM »
The LotR Online TCG client doesn't seem to function anymore since they shut down the servers. I too am sad, because I used it as my offline deckbuilder too and have several .ldc files that I'd like to open.

All of my extra Lord of the Rings TCG, MECCG, SWCCG, and WoW TCG singles are available for sale on my website: http://www.ccg-singles.com

September 13, 2010, 02:01:00 PM
Reply #4

JtheMonk

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 02:01:00 PM »
I actually have the client installed, and you can run it without accessing the servers. I'll look for a place to upload it and try to get it up tomorrow.

September 13, 2010, 03:09:13 PM
Reply #5

rubbercarp

• Information Offline
  • Villager
    • www.ccg-singles.com
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 03:09:13 PM »
I actually have the client installed, and you can run it without accessing the servers. I'll look for a place to upload it and try to get it up tomorrow.

Have adjusted something?
I go to open the program, it brings up the updater automatically, and without a response to the server won't let me proceed any farther.
All of my extra Lord of the Rings TCG, MECCG, SWCCG, and WoW TCG singles are available for sale on my website: http://www.ccg-singles.com

September 13, 2010, 04:17:46 PM
Reply #6

JtheMonk

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 04:17:46 PM »

Have adjusted something?
I go to open the program, it brings up the updater automatically, and without a response to the server won't let me proceed any farther.

Go to the main LOTR program folder (should be The Lord of the Rings TCG 2), then LotROTCG, and then LotROTCG.exe, and that will bypass the updater.

September 13, 2010, 08:25:49 PM
Reply #7

Milosz006

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 08:25:49 PM »
I could also email you my deck files and just have you open 'em for me and screenshot or something. :)

EDIT: tho having the program to build decks is still amazing and worth uploading somewhere.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 08:27:30 PM by Milosz006 »

September 14, 2010, 06:41:37 AM
Reply #8

JtheMonk

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 06:41:37 AM »
If you play the game offline/in real life, it's still by far the best deckbuilding/collection manager option.

I don't know how long these upload links last for, but here it is:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F4Q6E8T7

--It should work with any recent version of Windows.
--Winrar to unzip it. (http://www.rarlabs.com/)
--Open with LotROTCG.exe instead of the .exe in the main folder.
--I took out my own decks, but it still has the tournament decks I downloaded from the official website.

Good luck.

September 14, 2010, 12:22:05 PM
Reply #9

Milosz006

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 12:22:05 PM »
If you play the game offline/in real life, it's still by far the best deckbuilding/collection manager option.

I don't know how long these upload links last for, but here it is:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F4Q6E8T7

--It should work with any recent version of Windows.
--Winrar to unzip it. (http://www.rarlabs.com/)
--Open with LotROTCG.exe instead of the .exe in the main folder.
--I took out my own decks, but it still has the tournament decks I downloaded from the official website.

Good luck.

Works perfectly! Thanks.

November 01, 2010, 03:19:54 PM
Reply #10

rubbercarp

• Information Offline
  • Villager
    • www.ccg-singles.com
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 03:19:54 PM »

This is correct!
Thanks I just needed to bypass the Updater which is the default start-up program

Thanks
Have adjusted something?

Go to the main LOTR program folder (should be The Lord of the Rings TCG 2), then LotROTCG, and then LotROTCG.exe, and that will bypass the updater.

January 14, 2011, 02:04:19 AM
Reply #11

MurdererOnATrike

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 02:04:19 AM »
Thnx for updating the game.
Used to use this for deck-building as well.

January 14, 2011, 05:06:28 AM
Reply #12

Kenddrick

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 05:06:28 AM »
Download limit exceeded. Can someone send me the exe plaese!!!! :D

January 14, 2011, 08:21:57 AM
Reply #13

Haszor

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 08:21:57 AM »
How does one access GCCG?

January 14, 2011, 09:15:29 AM
Reply #14

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 09:15:29 AM »
Anything and everything about GCCG is here.

To narrow it down a bit, here you will find the GCCG program and instructions on how to install it. Start it up and you're good to go.
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)