LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: So...what's my card worth?  (Read 415906 times)

November 29, 2010, 08:00:45 PM
Reply #840

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: So...what's my card worth?
« Reply #840 on: November 29, 2010, 08:00:45 PM »
What would y'all value the following foils at:

Foil Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul
Foil Desert Lord
Foil Stone Tower
Foil Citadel of the Stars
Foil Captured by the Ring
Foil Morgul Brute
Foil Morgul Destroyer
Foil Ulaire Cantea, Faster Than Winds

Having purchased all except for two of these cards in the last two years:

I bought two Shotgun Enquea foils for $5.00 each. That said, I haven't seen them for less than $15 since.

I bought my Desert Lord (foil) for $7. I considered that a steal.

I bought my Stone Tower (foil) for $5. I thought it was a little high, but it's okay.

I traded for two copies of Citadel of the Stars (foil). I definitely won both trades. I have seen them for as little as $2 and as much as $6.

I am still looking for a Captured By the Ring foil. Whatever that guy offers you, tell me and I will consider outbidding it.

King89 sold a pair of Morgul Brute (foil) for $30 I think. I thought that was a little high, but that is just my opinion. Definitely a good card.

Morgul Destroyer (foil) has gone for as little as $2 since I've been around.

Cantea, Faster than Winds (foil) should be a $4-7 rare.

Edit: They are all power-rares in Movie Block (some more than others) so if you are selling them in a lot and the average comes out to $5 each or more, I'd say that's a win.
-wtk

November 30, 2010, 01:34:50 PM
Reply #841

OneFathom

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #841 on: November 30, 2010, 01:34:50 PM »

Foil Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul  $10-15
Foil Desert Lord $10
Foil Stone Tower $5 (Helm's Deep foils are tougher to come by than you might think)
Foil Citadel of the Stars $3
Foil Captured by the Ring $8-10
Foil Morgul Brute $10
Foil Morgul Destroyer $5
Foil Ulaire Cantea, Faster Than Winds $5-7

December 01, 2010, 02:01:04 PM
Reply #842

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #842 on: December 01, 2010, 02:01:04 PM »
What would be a reasonable price for a Rise of Saruman booster/booster box these days?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 02:10:01 PM by Shelobplayer »

December 01, 2010, 03:15:28 PM
Reply #843

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #843 on: December 01, 2010, 03:15:28 PM »
I haven't seen any Rise of Saruman boosters reasonably priced so I have no idea.
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

December 01, 2010, 05:24:30 PM
Reply #844

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #844 on: December 01, 2010, 05:24:30 PM »
I haven't seen any Rise of Saruman boosters reasonably priced so I have no idea.

I'm planning to sell some boosters or maybe even whole boosters box(es) on this site, but I have no idea for the price... According to the handful of sellers on ebay they cost about 20$/booster, but I think it is a bit expensive, so I want to hear your opinions first :).

December 01, 2010, 05:55:55 PM
Reply #845

nemesis

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #845 on: December 01, 2010, 05:55:55 PM »
I would say 5-10$, but this is just my opinion, not a good one because I want to buy theses boosters or box... BTW Hunters, RoS or TD are way to expensive even if this set are rare, some people just scam other people because we do not have the time or money to buy this set when they were released :)
If your price is not too extravagant I will buy you a couple of these boosters, if you want to sell them to me.

December 01, 2010, 05:56:37 PM
Reply #846

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #846 on: December 01, 2010, 05:56:37 PM »
I feel the same way, I have 12 unopened Hunters boosters, but I couldn't sell them because I know I would be ripping someone off.
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

December 01, 2010, 06:23:41 PM
Reply #847

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #847 on: December 01, 2010, 06:23:41 PM »
I would say 5-10$, but this is just my opinion, not a good one because I want to buy theses boosters or box... BTW Hunters, RoS or TD are way to expensive even if this set are rare, some people just scam other people because we do not have the time or money to buy this set when they were released :)
If your price is not too extravagant I will buy you a couple of these boosters, if you want to sell them to me.

Actually, as I know distributors didn't bring T&D and Hunters to our country, only some packs from Rise of Saruman, and I'm pretty sure that Hungarian players are not the only ones with this problem, so I think prices are high because of this.

Still if I would sell them for 5-10$, I won't really have a profit on them, so I think the price would be around 13-15$ (only if I won't end up like little Timmy and crack them all up :))
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 06:26:24 PM by Shelobplayer »

December 02, 2010, 01:02:10 AM
Reply #848

ununtrium

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #848 on: December 02, 2010, 01:02:10 AM »
Just put them up on ebay. Start the auction at $1 and see what happens. Usually things escalade and enter silly territory rather quickly, but you may not get quite the same levels of insane bidding, because you are based in Europe. Make sure that you put your auctions up via ebay.COM. That way you get the most exposure.

If you wanted to sell to forum members, you most likely would not get the price you wanted. Taking the ebay route, however, is morally sound. It is not you ripping people off (as long as you describe everything accurately and don't overcharge on postage...). Let the people decide how much they want to spend on the cards.

The best option would be, though, to simply open the booster and enjoy the cards. Maybe, you want to keep one sealed booster as a souvenir. And you should not throw away the boxes, either.

I don't get why boosters are so expensive. These prices would only make sense, if you found an RF or an MW in every other booster, but you don't. Most likely you end up paying $15 for Destroyed Homestead or a Vengeful Primitive...
I am a Lieutenant Commander on the G.A.B. Saffron team. My trade lists:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/forums/index.php/topic,3255.0.html
http://www.tradecardsonline.com/user/ununtrium

December 02, 2010, 02:51:39 AM
Reply #849

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #849 on: December 02, 2010, 02:51:39 AM »
Just put them up on ebay. Start the auction at $1 and see what happens. Usually things escalade and enter silly territory rather quickly, but you may not get quite the same levels of insane bidding, because you are based in Europe. Make sure that you put your auctions up via ebay.COM. That way you get the most exposure.

If you wanted to sell to forum members, you most likely would not get the price you wanted. Taking the ebay route, however, is morally sound. It is not you ripping people off (as long as you describe everything accurately and don't overcharge on postage...). Let the people decide how much they want to spend on the cards.

The best option would be, though, to simply open the booster and enjoy the cards. Maybe, you want to keep one sealed booster as a souvenir. And you should not throw away the boxes, either.

I don't get why boosters are so expensive. These prices would only make sense, if you found an RF or an MW in every other booster, but you don't. Most likely you end up paying $15 for Destroyed Homestead or a Vengeful Primitive...

Unforunately I don't have an ebay account, and I don't really wanna bother creating one, Europeans don't really use it anyway :). I don't want to sell huge amounts though, and the possibility that I open them all raises every time I look at the edition in the database here (because most cards are just a way better and more expensive then the above mentioned Destroyed Homestead and Vengeful Primitive :)). Anyway, if I decide to sell some boosters, they will still be considerably cheaper than on ebay.

December 06, 2010, 07:03:56 AM
Reply #850

OneFathom

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #850 on: December 06, 2010, 07:03:56 AM »
Anybody have an idea how much the double-sided oversize promo featuring Gandalf and a Moria orc is worth?

December 06, 2010, 07:25:08 AM
Reply #851

itjunkie

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #851 on: December 06, 2010, 07:25:08 AM »

Foil Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul  $10-15
Foil Desert Lord $10
Foil Stone Tower $5 (Helm's Deep foils are tougher to come by than you might think)
Foil Citadel of the Stars $3
Foil Captured by the Ring $8-10
Foil Morgul Brute $10
Foil Morgul Destroyer $5
Foil Ulaire Cantea, Faster Than Winds $5-7

a foil morgul brute goes for $10 each? i haven't seen a non-foil copy of it go for less than $10...

December 06, 2010, 08:18:57 AM
Reply #852

jcb213

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #852 on: December 06, 2010, 08:18:57 AM »
What would you value the following at:

Full set of Shadows
Full set of Black Rider
Full set of Bloodlines
Full set of Expanded Middle Earth
Full set of Ages End

December 07, 2010, 07:32:31 AM
Reply #853

The New Guy

« Reply #853 on: December 07, 2010, 07:32:31 AM »
Is there any worth in a foil Aragorn KIE or Gandalf TGW foil?

December 07, 2010, 08:37:06 AM
Reply #854

leokula

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #854 on: December 07, 2010, 08:37:06 AM »
Is there any worth in a foil Aragorn KIE or Gandalf TGW foil?

No, just sell them to me for 0.01 $ :) JK

I wouldn't know how to value them, but I know Aragorn would be worth some more since it's a lot more playable and it's freaking Aragorn :)