LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Guess who!  (Read 1173 times)

May 30, 2008, 04:48:46 AM
Reply #15

Shieldmaiden

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: Guess who!
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 04:48:46 AM »
Yeah, I remember PeterPot!   :P  I don't like people who start trouble purely for the sake of causing trouble. 

Great job Dain, good modding.   :up:

May 30, 2008, 05:14:13 AM
Reply #16

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 05:14:13 AM »
I hear that! Seconded bearded one (not you Sm; Dain :) )
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
That's like having "Some Who Ride Ponies" as a Rohan follower. ~ Dain Ironfoot.

May 30, 2008, 10:26:05 AM
Reply #17

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 10:26:05 AM »
Thanks. Just doing what needs to be done. Hey, I DID warn him.

I'm locking this topic, since there doesn't seem to be much reason to keep it open now that he's gone. Maybe I'll unlock it in a week in case he wants to say anything for himself.
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

May 30, 2008, 11:49:40 AM
Reply #18

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 11:49:40 AM »
*sigh* Some people just don't learn.

Twice since his banning, "urstinkenface" has tried to re-register with a new account. I outright deleted the account he tried to create yesterday, and now there's a new one today (which I may or may not delete...we'll see).

In an attempt to reason with him, I just sent the following PM to his two existing accounts:

Look, I don't have anything against you. Far as I know, you were a contributing member of the CC community, so I'm happy to have you here. But I asked you kindly to be less of a douche to fellow members, and you refused, so you are banned until a week from yesterday (as promised). You can continue to try and register with different e-mails and different IP addresses, and maybe, just MAYBE, you'll be able to sneak on through and get in a few posts while I'm not looking. But doing so will only result in longer--perhaps permanent--banning.

Believe me, if you want to test my patience and resolve, you won't "win", and you won't be left happy.

IF, however, you want to come back when your account unlocks again and act like an adult, you're more than welcome. Like I said, I have nothing against you personally. But I will NOT tolerate you or anyone else being an @$$ just for the sake of wanting to stir up some trouble, and as long as I have the power to stop that, I will.

Sincerely,
J. Ryan Evans
AKA "Dáin Ironfoot"

The reason I bring this up to the rest of ya'll is that as much as I am around, I can't be here ALL the time, especially on weekends (when I do much of my schoolwork). So if any of you see him pop up with a new account--or better still, sneak in a couple posts somewhere--send me a PM or an e-mail and let me know, and I'll be on it. Don't worry if you see him logged in, as I HAVE permitted him to log in and read stuff, but he shouldn't be able to register new accounts (using the info I have on him so far) and certainly not post anything until late next week.

Like I told him (and I mean it), I'm all about second chances, and if he wants to come back in a week and act like an adult, that's fine by me. But a ban is a ban. He brought this on himself, and he's not going to just skirt around it. If you're able to do that, what's the point of the ban?

So, everyone, let me know if you spot something I haven't yet (with him or with anything else that's fishy), and I'll be there. :up: Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 12:30:45 PM by DáinIronfoot »
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".