LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Website Team  (Read 8919 times)

December 21, 2009, 01:27:40 PM
Reply #15

chompers

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
Re: Website Team
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 01:27:40 PM »
I guess there is always the possibility of that. If we push to continue this - what should be do next?

Some elements of the proposed PC are still under-way. Marketing is happening still, the league is happening still - there is no point in pushing these points unless we have fresh ideas.

We lack able or capable people to complete other elements of the project.

I think tournaments are next - and Hawkeye has given us all the resources we need (thanks). I just need to wait for Christmas, New year to end and hopefully in Janunary run a tournament (I have four players confirmed to play, but not a confirmed date at this stage). Others have said they are running tournaments, but the information about them is not appearing on this site (at least as far as I can tell). I would like to see an official place to record tournament details (promote them, and post results, etc) on this site if it does not already exist. And Hawkeye has said he is willing to post photos on his website of completed tournaments.

BTW - we are very off-topic - i will post the tournament info under the appropriate thread and hopefully get some discussion going.

December 21, 2009, 08:46:13 PM
Reply #16

Ranofer

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2009, 08:46:13 PM »
Right now the holidays are in full swing and it will be hard to get any official site done.  I'd like to get full support of Decipher before we really kick out a new site.  With their blessing it will allow us to use a lot of their art (hopefully).

I'm still looking at site designing but my focus has always been on the graphical side of things (banners, posters, printouts, etc), not so much designing a new site.

I would suggest that we take a look around and see what the other PCs have done (I like the cleanness of the SWCCGPC site).  Perhaps we could get a general outline of what we want, and start from there.  Maybe even throw up some voting things (for themes, names, etc).

December 22, 2009, 10:51:36 AM
Reply #17

Kenddrick

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 10:51:36 AM »
Well, I hope we can really get started on a site soon. It will be another step towards an official PC.

December 24, 2009, 01:04:37 AM
Reply #18

Kenddrick

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2009, 01:04:37 AM »
I decided to start on designing a webpage. Prior to this, I had no experience or knowledge. All I had was determination to make this PC come true. Take a look at the Screen Shots and tell me what you think:

If the response is good, I might continue and hopefully we can set up a PC.

And do ignore the email link at the bottom. :-[

December 25, 2009, 06:16:35 AM
Reply #19

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2009, 06:16:35 AM »
Seems nice!

December 25, 2009, 02:04:51 PM
Reply #20

chompers

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2009, 02:04:51 PM »
Well done Kenddrick - seems we can create a web page but ...

We will need a web address, a server and an internet plan that can support the potential interest generated from the website. All of this costs money.

How do we foot the bill for this? As far as i know, being not for profit does not prevent the generation of an income through donations etc provided there is a way of tracking how the money is spent.

In the end, someone will have to foot the bill to get this started - who will? How much will it cost? Donations could be accepted without any problem prior to official sanctioning from Decipher and the proposed introduction of v-cards - but who will donate? Donations could be accpeted using Paypal.

We will need a website team leader as well. Someone willing and able to continually update the site.

Todays random thoughts :)

December 25, 2009, 10:21:30 PM
Reply #21

Kenddrick

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2009, 10:21:30 PM »
I think there are a couple of free hosting services out there that will host our sites, albiet having ads as well. It is still a start though.

I can update the site if needed, it seems rather easily with that software. :)

Also, which is why we need an official website team who will decide what to put into the website. (Same way we need a magazine team to write articles as well). :)

December 26, 2009, 10:54:31 AM
Reply #22

Dogbert

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2009, 10:54:31 AM »
How do we foot the bill for this? As far as i know, being not for profit does not prevent the generation of an income through donations etc provided there is a way of tracking how the money is spent.

Disclaimer: IANAL.

Non-profits are allowed to generate revenue in exactly the same way that for-profit agencies are, with the caveat that excess funds cannot be disbursed to owners/shareholders/etc. All profits generated must be returned into the business. This could be done by buying equipment or supplies, using excess funds to purchase advertisements, or various other means of furthering the PC's growth.

December 26, 2009, 01:03:31 PM
Reply #23

chompers

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2009, 01:03:31 PM »
Dogbert - Well this is good news - I suspected as much.

If there is a generation of an income for the PC some sort of account keeping will need to be maintained - I doubt Decipher would be willing to hand over there game to a group that could take money from them (based on past experiences).

With a small income the ability to promote and market the game through becomes more viable.

December 29, 2009, 08:38:55 PM
Reply #24

Kenddrick

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2009, 08:38:55 PM »
When I receive the go-ahead, the website will be ready within 2 days. :)