LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: ...what this is good for?  (Read 14423 times)

January 29, 2009, 09:27:00 PM
Reply #15

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
Re: ...what this is good for?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »
Okay, Gandalf may be better in expanded - I have Gandalf BoO never played in expanded; always standard format - and this before Shadowfax GoM or Radagast's Herb Bag came out... but, you should also consider, that - if you have got a bad hand for instance - you could EASILY loose in region 1 - AND this even the shadowplayer did NOTHING. Furthermore Gandalf has got no impossible to discard artifacts than Gondor or the elves... so take him Glamdring Foe-hammer, his conditions, etc. which is going very easily...) or just reduce his resistance to zero with Undead of Angmar, Throne of the dark Lord, Mount Doom, Saruman, etc. and Gandalf has always burdens... and you cannot double easily...
BUT this is no Gandalf BoO thread now... ;-) move further on with your ideas of really "nonsens" or "not-to-use" cards... :-)
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

January 29, 2009, 10:31:24 PM
Reply #16

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • If you want him, come and claim him!
    • Elrohir wants some cards
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 10:31:24 PM »
I think, some cards listed here are not that bad  :-k

Some cards of my list are:

Denethor, Steward of the city
Eowyn, Lady of the mark
Legolas, Fleet-footed Hunter
You gave away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore.

January 30, 2009, 02:22:57 AM
Reply #17

leokula

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 02:22:57 AM »
Eowyn, Lady of the mark!! How could I forget?

This card is just plain ridiculous, my god...

January 30, 2009, 08:18:08 AM
Reply #18

Malachi

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 08:18:08 AM »
Urgency, anyone?

January 30, 2009, 09:03:01 AM
Reply #19

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 09:03:01 AM »
Urgency, anyone?
its a meta card, not a useless card.
Steward of the city is awesome! you just have to kill him if your opponents' shadow side is adding threats.

it would've been cool if it was just every other rohan companion twilight cost one. Making an eowyn eomer theodred starting fellowship possible.
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

January 30, 2009, 11:34:50 AM
Reply #20

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 11:34:50 AM »
Ent Avenger (to less strength for the twilight cost - compare it to Aragorn or Elrond)

I don't know what you're talking about man! In an Ent deck it really rocks. :lol:

January 30, 2009, 09:23:37 PM
Reply #21

GloinTheDark

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 09:23:37 PM »
A few of my favorite, not favorite, cards:

Frodo, Wicked Masster! - Only works in king block.  Only works at 3 sites.  4 burdens?

Pressing On - Just read this one.  Seriously?  You add a threat everytime you move but then you have to exert your hobbit?  This gets you one site?  Compare to Dark Ways.  Heal a dwarf twice and you get a skirmish event.  Compare to With Strength to fight.  Heal 2 Rohan Companions.  Might as well play Thror's Map.

Stern People - 3 twilight.  If the shadow player has, lets say 3 cards in his hand, I would have to discard 3 cards to make the move limit +1.  Then He can take up to 4 cards into hand from his discard pile?    This would only work as a nice bluff to get him to take 4 minion cards and then not move, but he could just as easily take 2 minion cards and 2 free peoples cards.

No Living Man - Theoden Signet.  Would have been nice if they put some effort into signets at that point in the game.

Held - I never liked this card.  The fact that you can have 4 of them out at the same time is laughable.

No Refuge - Amazing potential, but, somebody please correct me if I am wrong, there are only 2 dunland men that stack on sites, and that is only if they win.  I want to say that 1 of them is strength 9, and the other is strength 7 or 8.  I suppose this wouldn't be completely impossible to pull off, but I don't think it's reliable enough to work consistently. 

Non-Specific

I wanna say about 25% of all Smeagol cards, not gollum mind you, Smeagol.

The Black Rider Reprints.

Any card that was a remake of a previous version of a card due to putting an entire block on the x-list for standard format.  Because Decipher can't think of a better version of Legolas then the first one they made so they will rotate out an entire block so you have to use our new Legolas's.

January 31, 2009, 01:24:36 PM
Reply #22

Malachi

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 01:24:36 PM »
Held - I never liked this card.

And now imagine putting Held on Frodo, Frenzied Fighter  :)

January 31, 2009, 01:30:42 PM
Reply #23

Kralik

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009, 01:30:42 PM »
No Refuge - Amazing potential, but, somebody please correct me if I am wrong, there are only 2 dunland men that stack on sites, and that is only if they win.  I want to say that 1 of them is strength 9, and the other is strength 7 or 8.  I suppose this wouldn't be completely impossible to pull off, but I don't think it's reliable enough to work consistently. 

The [Dunland] men are strength 9 and 10 and play for [1] and [2], respectively, when stacked on a site. I have had great success with No Refuge and [Dunland] swarms. :up:

February 05, 2009, 02:20:37 PM
Reply #24

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2009, 02:20:37 PM »
Cirion, he's completely worthless and isn't even a knight. Bleargh. First level, -1 doesn't make much of a difference
and it should definitely be (0). City Wall is a million times better.

February 05, 2009, 03:46:52 PM
Reply #25

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 03:46:52 PM »
I put Cirion to great use during the RotK Release tournament here, back in the day. Also, First Level was an MVP as well, needing a SINGLE knight to transfer, and transferring to ANY minion, without skirmish limitations.

February 05, 2009, 07:26:17 PM
Reply #26

Gerontius

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2009, 07:26:17 PM »

Dasron 13C29 (maybe only play for burning - no, not even then I would play him!)

My friend uses Dasron in an incredibly cheap deck using elven telepathy, Gandalf cycling, and more importantly forearmed + ent horde. But I get your point in that besides that it's hard to use.

February 06, 2009, 07:37:48 AM
Reply #27

daisukeman

• Information Offline
  • Troll
  • Evil Bilbo is always appropiate for this forum
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2009, 07:37:48 AM »
How about
Guthlaf, Herald
?
I don't think anyone ever uses him. For god's sake he's just a banner-bearer, don't make him fight!
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that i'm right...

February 06, 2009, 07:41:44 AM
Reply #28

daisukeman

• Information Offline
  • Troll
  • Evil Bilbo is always appropiate for this forum
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2009, 07:41:44 AM »
I don't agree with
Pressing On - Just read this one.  Seriously?  You add a threat everytime you move but then you have to exert your hobbit?  This gets you one site?  Compare to Dark Ways.  Heal a dwarf twice and you get a skirmish event.  Compare to With Strength to fight.  Heal 2 Rohan Companions.  Might as well play Thror's Map.
Maybe Dark Ways and With strength to fight are better but it's not like Pressing on is the worst card ever. And you shouldn't be comparing cards from different blocks, because if it's actually a RotK deck there's no other option of site placing for hobbits.
Threats seem no problem for hobbits with nine fingered frodo..
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that i'm right...