LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Tentacle with Smeagol Deck  (Read 15552 times)

April 29, 2009, 12:21:23 PM
Reply #30

Snazzy

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Re: Dream Tentacle Deck
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2009, 12:21:23 PM »
 It's a swarm deck, not a powerhouse deck.
We are the Microsoft Inc. Open your ports and surrender your computers. We will add your software and hardware distinctiveness to our own. Your OS will adapt to service us. Resistance is pointless.

April 29, 2009, 10:21:42 PM
Reply #31

Elessar's Socks

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • "I see...I look foul and feel foul. Is that it?"
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2009, 10:21:42 PM »
Unfortunately FOWI won't work if the Watcher is in play already, since that's definitely an effect "triggered" when a minion is played. I'll let you guys know though if the resident rules guru axes the SP idea.

Threat generation can be handled by Captured by the Ring, FOWI (just play Gollum before the Watcher), and even City Gates. Extending the Gollum package further, Led Astray adds additional twilight and can replay sites like Cavern Entrance for multiple swarm attempts.

But right, it does depend on how well the FP can cycle to assemble these cards. It might be more trouble than it's worth. There is an HKotN / Leaving Forever loop to draw your entire deck if you wanted, but that Elf is expensive and I guess kind of cheesy. :P

April 30, 2009, 04:13:36 AM
Reply #32

Snazzy

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2009, 04:13:36 AM »
 This isn't a threat-powered deck or a Gollum deck.
We are the Microsoft Inc. Open your ports and surrender your computers. We will add your software and hardware distinctiveness to our own. Your OS will adapt to service us. Resistance is pointless.

May 05, 2009, 08:50:21 AM
Reply #33

Smeagollum

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2009, 08:50:21 AM »
Unfortunately FOWI won't work if the Watcher is in play already, since that's definitely an effect "triggered" when a minion is played. I'll let you guys know though if the resident rules guru axes the SP idea.
It still works. And besides that.. You'll play gollum before you play watcher!

But right, it does depend on how well the FP can cycle to assemble these cards. It might be more trouble than it's worth. There is an HKotN / Leaving Forever loop to draw your entire deck if you wanted, but that Elf is expensive and I guess kind of cheesy. :P
A hobbitdeck with 19rsmeagol will do fine!