LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Seeking Some Advice...  (Read 3712 times)

August 11, 2008, 06:19:38 PM
Read 3712 times

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
Seeking Some Advice...
« on: August 11, 2008, 06:19:38 PM »
  Within two weeks i will have a local tourney around and, since i know almost all players i pretty much know what kind of deck they use mostly (even that i don´t know the details). The tourney is a kind of Movie Block one, so nothing after shadows is allowed...

I must face this kinds of decks:

1- Dwarf Beatdown / Moria Swarm (this one is a great friend and also a very swift opponent)
2- Elf Archery / Nazgul Beatdown
3- Gondor / Gandalf "God Help Us" / Southrons "Something" (i never played against but my friend says that this one has a mix without much sense) anyway i don´t like to subestimate any player...
4- Wraiths / Men (prob archery)
5- Fighting Hobbits / Nazgul Beatdown
6- Rohan / Uruk Beatdown
7- One of my own decks!!!  ??? I will explain...

Maybe some other but those decks are almost guarantee...

I Have this two possibilities:

http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php?topic=544.0  -  Gondor/Gandalf with Sauron trackers and...

http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php?topic=543.0  -  Rohan paired with Southrons

The first one i can change into a standard Knights fortification deck (With some card changing e.g. adding companions like Garrisons of Gondor, Alcarin and Ingold)

Which one you think that have more chances? I know is a tricky question but i if you think worth a shot i would be greatful!  :up: I´m inclined to choose Rohan but i guess listen to other possible ore experienced player doesn´t hurt  ;D.

Feel free to propose alterations on the decks.

Ah! the reason i cited that i will face some of my decks it´s that i will borrow one to a friend of mine (one of this that i have cited, so consider it too...)

Thanks in advance for any reviews and tips!

August 11, 2008, 07:30:18 PM
Reply #1

Elf_Lvr

• Information Offline
  • Lord
  • Rhythmic Ringwraith
Re: Seeking Some Advice...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 07:30:18 PM »
At first glance, I'd say your trackers would die horribly to archers, and probably Wraiths.

Because of this, I'd say go Southrons.
Happy Hunting!
Remember Cobracards.com.
Thou cannot unjack what doth hath been jacked. - Menace64
"To die's the day worth livin' for!"
Maybe you guys can find a bard and have your story of heroic Balrog proximity put into verse.

August 12, 2008, 01:12:55 AM
Reply #2

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 01:12:55 AM »
Also, what sites are you running with? If they are RotK sites, Grimbold is good to go, other than that, he is crap, for he doesn't work with the new sites. Go with NB's advice and run The Tale of the Great Ring, and if you face moria swarm, maybe consider 2. Eomer TMoR + Firefoot = defender +1 so that would be helpful as well. I know he isn't valiant, but I guess he's big enought to make it worth it.
Also Eowyn, Lady of Rohan could be worthy a look. She's a saviour for others, and valiant. Dernhelm is that as well and could get possibly strong. Well, just my 2 cents, but if you have the cards, please make a Shadowplay/Unheeded, Lady of Ithilien, TMoR deck to kill everything :)
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

August 12, 2008, 07:20:38 AM
Reply #3

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 07:20:38 AM »
   Elf_Lvr: I agree with you, elf archery and wraiths cause some trouble to my trackers, because they exert too much and can be easily killed. I have played against the elves and win with a shadow kill because i manage to discard The Splendor of Their Banners (which along with Galadriel RB and the water ring are the main archery boost) and get Grond early on, so he even had a chance to set up and when walk to site 7...well...bad for him  :twisted:  But i cannot count on luck every time... Maybe the Southrons are really the way to go, cause they can kill or slow down most of fellowships in movie block and just smash Wraiths...

By the way do you People think it´s better to use some wounding event like Whirling Strike instead of New Strenght Came Now? The last one is good against tank companions like Durin III and i can even overwhelm some uncautios Freeps... But a Extra wound can be killing surprise too...

Gil-Ested: RotK for sure! Grimbold is the man! Just love to walk around the path and then change the site for my high cost or tricky sites... TMoR is really great but i just have the wrong Firefoot to him (the one that exerts to discard a condition...) and Keeper of the Oaths is Great when pulled in my site 1 or when Theoden dies... and he is valiant. so  :up: for him!

For the Eowyn case: i have Dernhelm and Lady of Rohan too. the first can save the neck of some important companion like Grimbold or Eomer, but i don´t have too much healing power here, so in the final sites it´s most likely she will be exhausted and can´t help at all. Dernhelm will be awesome against nazgul and mounted southrons but don´t help to much against the others... and i love the hability of  Daughter of Eomund cause she add the twilight of possession after the shadow phase, adds a healing power to the deck and, since i don´t have the valiant Gamling, is my only defence against tha anti-Rohan-hand-clog Grima, Wormtongue... So i think i will keep her.

I think i will switch There and Back Again for the Tale of the Great ring...

I have one Lady of Ithilien but no Shadowplay nor Unheeded and this fellowship can´t stand against Moria and their annoying swamr of vit one minions...hehehe. Although this decks it´s very good against the rest...

Thanks for the tips!!!  :up:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 08:03:47 AM by Pepin The Breve »

August 12, 2008, 08:55:16 AM
Reply #4

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 08:55:16 AM »
If you're concerned about Moria, pack PATHS!

Dernhelm kicks [Isengard] Warg-Riders. Seriously. I love Eowyn slamming wargs. With Rider's Spear and a Mount its an essential d+2 and you can pump damage if you want. :D
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

August 12, 2008, 01:07:57 PM
Reply #5

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 01:07:57 PM »
If you're concerned about Moria, pack PATHS!

Dernhelm kicks [Isengard] Warg-Riders. Seriously. I love Eowyn slamming wargs. With Rider's Spear and a Mount its an essential d+2 and you can pump damage if you want. :D

Hey, good ideia!  :up:

Problem is that i don´t have any PATHS. But wait, i have one good friend that have one...guess who? Bingo! my friend that runs Moria!  :ninja:  hehehe...

Well, i guess maybe worth a shot... thanks for the tip anyway.

Thanks to all of you who post comments here!!!  :up: for ya!

August 12, 2008, 01:11:18 PM
Reply #6

Elf_Lvr

• Information Offline
  • Lord
  • Rhythmic Ringwraith
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 01:11:18 PM »
Whirling Strike over New Strength Came Now. For a wounding focused shadow, it's all around better... and though it might not help against tanks, the overwhelm situation is made up for by the fact that if you're going to win anyway, slap on Whirling Strike to give your minion a de facto damage bonus. It's an extra wound, so maybe the companion would just die from losing, eh?
Happy Hunting!
Remember Cobracards.com.
Thou cannot unjack what doth hath been jacked. - Menace64
"To die's the day worth livin' for!"
Maybe you guys can find a bard and have your story of heroic Balrog proximity put into verse.