LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Tournament in Europe/Germany  (Read 25427 times)

May 18, 2008, 05:56:19 AM
Read 25427 times

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
Tournament in Europe/Germany
« on: May 18, 2008, 05:56:19 AM »
Hello All,

we wil be organizing a tournament in Germany/Austria...  :D in July/August...
are there any interests from here?
Just let me know, thanks!
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

May 18, 2008, 09:23:43 AM
Reply #1

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
Re: Tournament in Europe/Germany
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 09:23:43 AM »
what kind of tournement?
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

May 18, 2008, 01:15:35 PM
Reply #2

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 01:15:35 PM »
Sounds epic, a trip out there would be crazy.
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

May 23, 2008, 05:22:53 AM
Reply #3

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 05:22:53 AM »
Hi,

oh I see... some questioning users...  ;D

so, we will make a tournament to which some Italians, French, Polish, German and Austrian guys will come... about 20 or 30 guys are expected to come...
That's really great!
Last year, the european championship was in Berlin/Germany; it was fantastic!
Perhpas on of you may also come? You could combine this with vacances in the Alps/Austria?
Just let me know, if there were some interests...  ;)
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

May 23, 2008, 09:06:59 AM
Reply #4

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 09:06:59 AM »
That would be a bit of a walk for me...

Note to appropriate mod: Please delete.
your wish is my command my master...now yours has to go too

and so I am not totally spamming...make sure to include brits...we have a lot of brits...
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

May 23, 2008, 11:40:24 AM
Reply #5

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 11:40:24 AM »
They COULD organize a cool trip together, ehm? A British player's tour, all the way to Germany/Austria! Roooooad Trip! At least, that's what we do here for MtG tournaments that are far away (Brazil IS pretty big compared to Europe itself), we usually gather a bunch of local players, fill up 1-2 cars, and go for it!

May 23, 2008, 12:31:20 PM
Reply #6

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 12:31:20 PM »
Leer in Germany would be a nice location....Bunde is even better  :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :clown: :clown:
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

May 24, 2008, 05:52:25 AM
Reply #7

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 05:52:25 AM »
Hi,

so what's up?
Would there be some guys who will join us?  :D

May 25, 2008, 09:31:27 AM
Reply #8

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 09:31:27 AM »
it all depends on date and location, I don't know how it is where you guys live, but at this moment I have to pay €1,60 for 1 litre of gas..........Yeah, love the lack of oil and all the political games played around it.....

May 26, 2008, 12:36:57 AM
Reply #9

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 12:36:57 AM »
Hi,

now some details about this tournament:
Date: End of July or Mid of August (the date is not fixed up to now, but it will be a week-end of course)
Location: Nürnberg (it's not too far from Munich, if you know, south-Germany)

I think, that could be a real good chance to have some fun and if it's possible for some guys of you to combine this tournament with vacances, for instance, I think, that would be a great trip/idea/chance!  8-)

May 26, 2008, 12:03:09 PM
Reply #10

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 12:03:09 PM »
what will it look like? A weekend, saturday/sunday? And when will there be more info? For it would certainly be interesting.....but as I said, I must take a few things in consideration...

May 28, 2008, 09:17:05 AM
Reply #11

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 09:17:05 AM »
Hi,

I guess the tournament will start at the first week-end in August (01./02. August); up to now there are still no details about if we shall make the tournament from Friday to Saturday or from Saturday to Sunday... or just one day.
Tournament will be hold not as expanded or standard tournamnet, but Austrian Tournament; this means:
Allowed is each edition from 1-19 but: one part of the deck only is allowed to have cards from set 1-10 or 7-18. Expansions like Reflections, Middle-Earth (Grimbeorn, etc.), Wraith Collection and Age's End are always allowed.
So you can play old Twilight-Nazgul from 1-10 + 9/14/16/19 and Hunter-Elves from 7-18 + 9/14/16/19
What is the sense of this tournament?: All cards can be used as in an expanded tournament, but therefore it is not possible to make some broken combos like Mumak Commander GATS + Pavise + Hate, for instance.
Any questions? We've tested this a few times and we in Austria/Germany only uses this format; no standard, no expanded but Austrian tournament.  :D this is a really good thing! believe me  ;D

June 01, 2008, 08:13:08 AM
Reply #12

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 08:13:08 AM »
*Push*

any news from you?
interests?

Please let me know as soon as possible, thanks!

June 01, 2008, 08:15:50 AM
Reply #13

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008, 08:15:50 AM »
Like the concept and I am interested, but can't give guarantees

June 01, 2008, 09:15:05 AM
Reply #14

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 09:15:05 AM »
@Gil-Estel: thanks for your interst!  :D
@the rest: anyone else?  ???
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 09:30:55 AM by Olorin85 »