LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: SoP's Signets (Shadows, remaking already made cards)  (Read 15933 times)

October 31, 2008, 11:26:58 AM
Read 15933 times

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
SoP's Signets (Shadows, remaking already made cards)
« on: October 31, 2008, 11:26:58 AM »
now I'm gonna tell you right now, a lot of these first cards are gonna be simple.  I'm getting back in the swing of DC'ing, so I'm starting with redoing D cards. I'll add my own later. So the first ones are the dwarves...in shadows there are 12 dwarf cards, 3 of which deal with resistance, SOOOO without further ado, be on your guardoo!

[1] On Guard [Dwarven]
Event • Response
If a Companion with the Dain signet is about to take a wound, prevent that.
If a Companion with the Gimli signet is about to take a wound, you may exert a minion.
11C13V

is that how I do collectors info?
so quite simple, gimli signet, they get a nice boost, dain signet they prevent a wound.  now my question, should I flip the signet abilities around?

next up, well equipped
[1] Well-equipped [Dwarven]
 Event • Fellowship
Play a possesion from your draw deck on a companion with the Gimli signet, or play a [Dwarven] possession from your discard pile on a companion with the Dain signet.
Stout and unmindful of the most ample load, dwarven warriors laden themselves with heavy armor and myriad weapony.
11R14V

generally the gimli signet will be for people of toher races, and gimli with a few exceptions among the dwarves. the dain signet will be for most dwarves, and some lake-man, if I ever get around to making any.

[1] Fallen Lord [Dwarven]
Event • Skirmish
Exert Dáin Ironfoot to make a Dwarf strength +X, where X is the number of Dáin signets you can spot. (limit +5)
""He is dead than," said Frodo, "I Feared it was so."
Gimli cast his hood over his face."

11U6

fairly basic.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 06:27:51 AM by sickofpalantirs »
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

October 31, 2008, 12:28:48 PM
Reply #1

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
Re: SoP's Signets (Shadows, remaking already made cards)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 12:28:48 PM »
now I'm gonna tell you right now, a lot of these first cards are gonna be simple.  I'm getting back in the swing of DC'ing, so I'm starting with redoing D cards. I'll add my own later. So the first ones are the dwarves...in shadows there are 12 dwarf cards, 3 of which deal with resistance, SOOOO without further ado, be on your guardoo!

[1] On Guard [Dwarven]
Event • Response
If a Dwarf with the Dain signet is about to take a wound, prevent that.
If a Dwarf with the Gimli signet is about to take a wound, you may make him damage +1 until the regroup phase.
11C13V

Okay, so will there be companions with both signets? If not, I don't think its powerful enough. If so, maybe just playable. I'd increase the power a bit anyways.

so quite simple, gimli signet, they get a nice boost, dain signet they prevent a wound.  now my question, should I flip the signet abilities around?

next up, well equipped
 Event • Fellowship
Discard a [Dwarven] card from hand to play a [Dwarven] possession from your draw deck on a [Dwarven] companion with the dain signet.
Stout and unmindful of the most ample load, dwarven warriors laden themselves with heavy armor and myriad weapony.
11R14V

Too underpowered. And wordy. I think, discard a Dwarven card from hand to play a possession from your draw deck on a companion with the Dain signet. That way, you can have non-dwarf Dain signets and still have a pretty powerful card. Signets in general are NOT culturally enforced. Meaning, that having restrictions on culture to be played on aren't good. You enforce the card via the signet.

generally the gimli signet will be for people of toher races, and gimli with a few exceptions among the dwarves. the dain signet will be for most dwarves, and some lake-man, if I ever get around to making any.

Event • Skirmish
Exert 2 dwarves with the Dain signet to make one of those dwarves strength +X, where X is the number of Dain signets you can spot.

11U6

Um...what about the Gandy signet card that made a minion strength -1 for each Gandy signet? I'd tie in with the fallen lord thing a bit by adding "and damage +X if you can spot a Dain in the dead pile." Or to funk it up a bit, maybe a character in the dead pile whose signet you can spot.

fairly basic.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

November 01, 2008, 11:08:28 AM
Reply #2

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 11:08:28 AM »
[1] On Guard [Dwarven]
Event • Response
If a Dwarf with the Gimli signet is about to take a wound, you may make him damage +1 until the regroup phase.
11C13V
The first ability is good, but the second isn't I think. I would change the last one maybe to exerting a minion? Given that (presumably) some non-Dwarves will have each signet, I also think that it should trigger on companions with the signet, not just Dwarves.

I would do it as: 11V13 - ie. the rarity of the card is Virtual.

Event • Fellowship
Discard a [Dwarven] card from hand to play a [Dwarven] possession from your draw deck on a [Dwarven] companion with the dain signet.
11R14V
Don't just redo the old cards. This could easily be "Play a possession from your draw deck on a companion with the Dáin signet." I would also suggest changing the card to work with Gimli signets given the picture on the card.

Event • Skirmish
Exert 2 dwarves with the Dain signet to make one of those dwarves strength +X, where X is the number of Dain signets you can spot.

11U6
How about: "Exert Dáin Ironfoot to make a Dwarf strength +X, where X is the number of Dáin signets you can spot." I also just realised that the title of King Under the Mountain is Dáin Ironfoot, not Dáin - it might be that you should change the name of the signet to "Dáin Ironfoot".

Thranduil

November 02, 2008, 11:11:21 AM
Reply #3

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 11:11:21 AM »
dain ironfoot is just a tad clumsy I think...but I see your point...IDK I'll think about it.

I'm still getting a feel for how much I want to change these cards...I modify them and see if I can get some new opinions though

I changed on guard a bit, I'm keeping dain with dwarves for the most part, though that might change later. gimli is the more multicultural one.

I changed fallen lord to one exertion, but I'm tossing a limit on as well.
as for well equipped, I changed it a bit, tell me what you think
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
SoP's Trade List

November 04, 2008, 06:36:44 PM
Reply #4

Elf_Lvr

• Information Offline
  • Lord
  • Rhythmic Ringwraith
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 06:36:44 PM »
All look good.

I'd really love a way to give companions two signets at once. Like, double up Dain and Gimli to make your On Guard really awesome. Just a thought.
Happy Hunting!
Remember Cobracards.com.
Thou cannot unjack what doth hath been jacked. - Menace64
"To die's the day worth livin' for!"
Maybe you guys can find a bard and have your story of heroic Balrog proximity put into verse.

November 05, 2008, 03:10:41 AM
Reply #5

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 03:10:41 AM »
[1] On Guard [Dwarven]
Event • Response
If a Companion with the Gimli signet is about to take a wound, you may exert a minion.
11C13V
I think this card is a little misleading - if mainly Dwarves will have the Dáin signet, then I think both lines should say "companion".

Thranduil

November 05, 2008, 05:49:56 AM
Reply #6

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 05:49:56 AM »

[1] On Guard [Dwarven]
Event • Response
11C13V

Looks good, just put 'dwarven' inside the brackets instead of 'dwarf'.  ;)

Event • Fellowship
Play a possesion from your draw deck on a companion with the Gimli signet, or play a [Dwarven] possession from your discard pile on a companion with the Dain signet.
11R14V

I'd probably make it [2] or have a 'Exert a dwarf to play...' and make it [1]. Otherwise it looks good though you did spell possession wrong.

Event • Skirmish
Exert Dáin Ironfoot to make a Dwarf strength +X, where X is the number of Dáin signets you can spot. (limit +5)

11U6

Nice card but doesn't fit the title as it has nothing to do with Dáin Ironfoot. I'd prefer:
Exert Gimli to make a Dwarf strength +X, where X is the number of Gimli signets you can spot. (limit +5)

Cool remakes.  =D> As much as I am a fan of remakes though I still want to see some 'original' material.

November 05, 2008, 06:28:06 AM
Reply #7

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 06:28:06 AM »
thanks for the notice on the culture...more cards will come up in this post later.
Felipe Musco:
Elf Lvr:
SoP's Trade List

November 05, 2008, 11:02:43 AM
Reply #8

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 11:02:43 AM »
[3] Farewell to Lorien [Elven]
Event • Fellowship
Spot an elf to heal each companion with the Galadriel signet.
"'...the memory of Lorien shall remain ever clear and unstained in your heart, and shall neither fade nor grow stale'"

fairly basic, but as you noticed, I'm adding the galadriel signet. the elven culture is large enough and vibrant enough to have it methinks.

[2]Legolas, Companion of the Ring [Elven]
Companion • Elf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Signet : Frodo
 While Legolas is at a battleground or forest site, he is strength +2 and gains the Galadriel signet.
"'I am one of the nine companions who set out with Mithrandir from Imlardis...and with this dwarf, my friend, I came with Lord Aragorn."'

I'm rather fuzzy on this one...any better ideas?

[2] Nocked [Elven]
Event • Archery
Exert an Elf who has the Legolas signet to wound a minion, or exert an elf with Galadriel signet to exert a minion, you get the next archery action.
Legolas could fit an arrow to his bowstring faster that most can clear a sword from a scabbard
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 08:29:55 AM by sickofpalantirs »
Felipe Musco:
Elf Lvr:
SoP's Trade List

November 05, 2008, 02:23:31 PM
Reply #9

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 02:23:31 PM »
[3] Farewell to Lorien [Elven]
Event • Fellowship
Spot an elf to heal each companion with the Galadriel signet.
"'...the memory of Lorien shall remain ever clear and unstained in your heart, and shall neither fade nor grow stale'"
You need a capital "E" in Elf for the culture symbol to trigger. Yeah,seems fair enough. I still think that you can stray much further from the original cards when redesigning.

Companion • Elf
 While Legolas is at a battleground or forest site, he is strength +2 and gains the Galadriel signet.
"'I am one of the nine companions who set out with Mithrandir from Imlardis...and with this dwarf, my friend, I came with Lord Aragorn."'
He's alright, but I'd prefer something radically different from the original - the first one was seriously vanilla and this one could be a lot more exciting.

[2] Nocked [Elven]
Event • Archery
Exert an Elf who has the Legolas signet to wound a minion, or exert an elf with Galadriel signet to exert a minion, you get the next archery action.
Legolas could fit an arrow to his bowstring faster that most can clear a sword from a scabbard
You need to be more specific about the "next archery action" trigger which you presumably mean to only apply to the Galadriel ability.

Thranduil

November 05, 2008, 04:31:08 PM
Reply #10

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 04:31:08 PM »
Companion • Elf
 While Legolas is at forest or battleground site, he is strength +1 for each other Frodo signet you can spot (limit, +3).
While you can spot an Elrond, Galadriel, and Legolas signet Legolas gains Archer.

something like that perhaps?
Felipe Musco:
Elf Lvr:
SoP's Trade List

November 05, 2008, 06:16:59 PM
Reply #11

Elf_Lvr

• Information Offline
  • Lord
  • Rhythmic Ringwraith
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 06:16:59 PM »
Again, especially with a card like that, I'd be on the lookout for cards that can give a character more than one signet. Unless you do that, he's a little bit... unusable. It'd take a really strange deck to use him to his full potential.
Happy Hunting!
Remember Cobracards.com.
Maybe you guys can find a bard and have your story of heroic Balrog proximity put into verse.

November 05, 2008, 08:01:02 PM
Reply #12

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 08:01:02 PM »
believe me, especially once when I start making cards that haven't been made, there will eb ways to get more signets.
Felipe Musco:
Elf Lvr:
SoP's Trade List

November 06, 2008, 06:53:48 AM
Reply #13

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 06:53:48 AM »
Companion • Elf
 While Legolas is at forest or battleground site, he is strength +1 for each other Frodo signet you can spot (limit, +3).
While you can spot an Elrond, Galadriel, and Legolas signet Legolas gains Archer.
Ah, it looks like you need to put "elven" instead - I for some reason thought "Elf" would work for the cultural symbol... :-k

I think it would not be too good to do something like: "Legolas is strength +1 for each other companion with the Frodo signet (limit +3)" given that his requirements for being an archer are quite difficult and detrimental to the Frodo signet theme. But yes, this is a lot more fun and adventurous design.

Thranduil

November 07, 2008, 07:12:32 AM
Reply #14

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 07:12:32 AM »
[2] •Legolas, Companion of the Ring [Elven]
Companion • Elf

Just change replace [Elven] with [Elven]. I disabled smilies within the post so you can see the actual script. Looks good. 

Let's have a few more! 

November 07, 2008, 08:40:30 AM
Reply #15

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 08:40:30 AM »
[3] G for Grand Card Image [Gandalf]
 Condition • Support Area
 While you can spot Gandalf, Each companion with the Gandalf signet is strength +1.
11V32
"To them he was just one of the 'Attractions' at the party, thus the excitement of the hobbit-children."

now this one, really doesn't need to be flashy, but it can really boost your strategy

[3] Prolonged Struggle [Gandalf]
Event • Skirmish
Exert Gandalf and spot 2 companions who  have the Gandalf signet to wound a minion that Wizard is skirmishing twice.
11V39

I've never really understood why this card isn't used more...sicne these cards are smiple I'm going to throw something out there...just a very strange idea.

[4] Gandalf, Uniter of Free Folk [Gandalf]
Companion • Wizard
Strength • 7
Vitality • 4
Signet • Gandalf
While the fellowship is in region 1, each companion gains the Elrond  signet.
While the fellowship is in region 2, each companion gains the Theoden signet.
While the fellowship is in region 3, each companion gains the Aragorn signet.

this is the guy who can start uniting the fellowship into one group of signets...now I am considering some major revisions, perhaps changing it into the Gimli/legolas signets instead of elrond/theoden, and change the title to reflect uniting the fellowship.  In that way he could be run with a rainbow fellowship, and yet use cards that spot signets.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 10:41:09 AM by sickofpalantirs »
Felipe Musco:
Elf Lvr:
SoP's Trade List

November 07, 2008, 09:19:40 AM
Reply #16

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 09:19:40 AM »
 Condition • Support Area
 While you can spot Gandalf, Each companion with the Gandalf signet is strength +1.
11V32
"To them he was just one of the 'Attractions' at the party, thus the excitement of the hobbit-children."

I love G for Grand; this ones even better!  :up:

Event • Skirmish
Exert a [Gandalf] Wizard and spot 2 companions who  have the Gandalf signet to wound a minion that Wizard is skirmishing twice.
11V39

Good, good. Definitely better than its 'real' counterpart.  ;D

Companion • Wizard
Strength • 7
Vitality • 4
Resistance • 7
While the fellowship is in region 1, each companion gains the Aragorn signet.
While the fellowship is in region 2, each companion gains the Elrond signet.
While the fellowship is in region 3, each companion gains the Theoden signet.

Cool! I don't think I ever seen a rainbow signet card.  :P

I really like the Gandalf, keep it up.

November 09, 2008, 02:48:29 AM
Reply #17

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 02:48:29 AM »
 Condition • Support Area
11V32

Event • Skirmish
Exert a [Gandalf] Wizard and spot 2 companions who  have the Gandalf signet to wound a minion that Wizard is skirmishing twice.
11V39
Both of these I feel if you're going to talk about [Gandalf] signets, the cards should work with Gandalf only.

Companion • Wizard
Strength • 7
Vitality • 4
Resistance • 7
This is a cool idea, but I think folllowing the story closest would be: Elrond, Theoden, Aragorn for regions 1, 2 and 3 respectively. You start off with Elrond being the focus of the Free Peoples efforts to destroy Sauron with the council, then you move to Rohan, then Aragorn becomes king. If you were making a set themed around signets, I don't think you should have any companions with a printed resistance (except obviously the Ring-bearer) - I would give this guy a signet (Frodo?) or simply leave him without one and maybe add a keyword or two or make him strength 8.

Thranduil

November 09, 2008, 06:45:19 AM
Reply #18

Elf_Lvr

• Information Offline
  • Lord
  • Rhythmic Ringwraith
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 06:45:19 AM »
 Condition • Support Area
11V32

Nifty.

Event • Skirmish
Exert a [Gandalf] Wizard and spot 2 companions who have the Gandalf signet to wound a minion that Wizard is skirmishing twice.
11V39

I like the original - I like this one better. :up:

Companion • Wizard
Strength • 7
Vitality • 4
Resistance • 7

Second Thran on order of signets. Should definitely go Elrond, Theoden, Aragorn. And again I agree with Thran - this guy should have a signet of his own. Gandalf, probably.
Happy Hunting!
Remember Cobracards.com.

November 09, 2008, 10:41:18 AM
Reply #19

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 10:41:18 AM »
my bad...I screwed up and went on automatic. WIll change the order of signets.
(though I was thinking fellowship of the ring with this version, though in that case I shouldn't have theoden...)
I'll go with your order...any suggestions for lore?
Felipe Musco:
Elf Lvr:
SoP's Trade List

November 14, 2008, 10:38:36 AM
Reply #20

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 10:38:36 AM »
I'm going to try something new...instead of remaking cards, I'm going to start branching out some, starting with the dwarf culture.

check that, I'm gonna throw some 3 hunters strategies around, and see what i get.

first, the three hutners themselves.  Obviously for now, you can't really judge them as you haven't seen all of their stuff, but bear with me, I'll spoil weapons and such later this week.

[2] Legolas, Fleet-footed Hunter [Elven]
Companion • Elf
Strength • 6
Vitality • 3
Signet • Legolas
Archer
While you can spot Gimli, Legolas gains the Gimli signet and is Damage +1 while at a mountain site.
While you can spot Aragorn, Legolas gains the Aragorn signet and gains [ranger].

ok nvm I'm just gonna start with Legolas.  This is like your basic common version...nothing special, but he can have 3 signets.

[2] Legolas' Bow, Hunter's Weapon [Elven]
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Strength • +1
Bearer must be Legolas.  At the start of the archery phase, you may add a threat and exert X companions with the Legolas signets (limit 3) to wound a minion X times.

I'm just messing around here, trying to get a figure for what I'm doing here...Basic 3 hunters support here, if you've got your hunters, you can knock off that big bad minion.

[2]Long-knives of Legolas, Hunter's Weapon [Elven]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength • +1
Bearer must be Legolas.
While He has the Aragorn signet, he is strength +2. While has the the Gimli signet, He is damage +1.

ok I couldn't figure out what to do with these knives...help?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 11:01:17 AM by sickofpalantirs »
Felipe Musco:
Elf Lvr:
SoP's Trade List

November 16, 2008, 08:06:07 AM
Reply #21

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2008, 08:06:07 AM »
Companion • Elf
Strength • 6
Vitality • 3
Signet • Legolas
While you can spot Gimli, Legolas gains the Gimli signet.
While you can spot Aragorn, Legolas gains the Aragorn signet.
There's no reason why he couldn't be an archer. Other than that, he seems interesting and good in the right deck (though obviously, I have no idea how useful the Gimli and Legolas signets are!).

Strength • +1
Bearer must be Legolas.  At the start of the archery phase, you may add a threat and exert X companions with the Legolas signets (limit 3) to wound a minion X times.
Yeah fair enough. I quite like this.

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength • +1
Bearer must be Legolas.
He is strength +1 for each Aragorn signet you can spot (limit +3).
While you can spot Gimli, he is Vitality plus 1.
This seems very good, and I'm not sure why simple knives are giving vitality bonuses. I would do something like the following: "While you can spot a companion with the Aragorn signet, Legolas is strength +2. While you can spot a companion with the Gimli signet, Legolas is damage +1." Something like that would be awesome! And makes the Legolas above super-awesome! :twisted:

Thranduil

November 16, 2008, 10:35:20 AM
Reply #22

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2008, 10:35:20 AM »
I like that, but I've added a twist, HE has to have the signets. not at first glance it seems fairly easy, after all he can get them quite simply. but I will make another "rare" version of legolas who will be better, but not have that signert ability...in the meantime anymore reviews?
Felipe Musco:
Elf Lvr:
SoP's Trade List

November 17, 2008, 12:07:23 PM
Reply #23

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2008, 12:07:23 PM »
Quote from: sickofpalantirs
Companion • Elf
Strength • 6
Vitality • 3
Signet • Legolas
Archer

Iiiiinteresting.

Quote from: Elf_Lvr
Strength • +1

Nifty. I could easily see building a whole deck around Lego signets and this bow. :uh-huh:

Quote from: Elf_Lvr
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength • +1
Bearer must be Legolas.
While He has the Aragorn signet, he is strength +2. While has the the Gimli signet, He is damage +1.

A slight rewording suggestion:

Bearer must be Legolas.
While Legolas has the Aragorn signet, he is strength +2.
While Legolas has the Gimli signet, he is damage +1.

Other than that...awesome! :up:
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

November 17, 2008, 12:46:18 PM
Reply #24

Elf_Lvr

• Information Offline
  • Lord
  • Rhythmic Ringwraith
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2008, 12:46:18 PM »
Companion • Elf
Strength • 6
Vitality • 3
Signet • Legolas
Archer

I'd give him Hunter 1, personally.

Strength • +1

Neat.

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength • +1
Bearer must be Legolas.

Ditto Dain. I think strength +3 is a lot to get from a [1] cost weapon, so I might change the strength +2 to a gain of Hunter 1.

Happy Hunting!
Remember Cobracards.com.

November 17, 2008, 01:21:35 PM
Reply #25

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2008, 01:21:35 PM »
I haven't decided whether to utilize the hunter mechanic yet...and in case you didn't noticed, its a 2 cost weapon ;)
anyone else think +3 is to much?
don't have time for DC's today I'll try to get em up tomorrow
(and el, post in the RPG ;))
Felipe Musco:
Elf Lvr:
SoP's Trade List

November 17, 2008, 01:23:55 PM
Reply #26

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2008, 01:23:55 PM »
Hunter is an interesting idea here. I'd at least consider it. Hunter 2 might even be okay.
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

November 19, 2008, 10:38:25 AM
Reply #27

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 10:38:25 AM »
[4]Aragorn, Swift Hunter [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Strength • 8
Vitality • 4
Signet • Aragorn
Ranger
While you can spot Gimli, Aragorn gains the Gimli signet and while at a mountain site is Damage +1.
While you can spot Legolas, Aragorn gains the Legolas signet and while at a forest site is [archer].

same old same old.

[1]Ranger's Sword, Blade of Aragorn [Gondor]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Aragorn.  While Aragorn has the Legolas signet, he gains Hunter 1
While Aragorn has the Gimli Signet, he is Damage +1

Considering making it hunter 2, up to you guys. and is it gains hunter or is hunter?

[1]Aragorn's Bow, Rangers Longbow [Gondor]
Bearer must be Aragorn. If Aragorn has the gimli and legolas signets, at the start of the archery phase you may exert him and A companion with the Aragorn Signet to begin a skirmish phase between him and a minion and wound that minion.  When that Skirmish phase is ended, resume the current phase.

Too complicated? should it give him archer too?

[1]Knife of the Galadhrim [Elven]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength • +1
Bearer must be Aragorn (or a companion with the Galadriel signet).
If bearer is Aragorn, he may bear this hand weapon in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
If bearer has the Legolas signet, opponents cannot play skirmish events during skirmishes involving bearer.

ok wording a little confusing. is this OP?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 11:01:46 AM by sickofpalantirs »
Felipe Musco:
Elf Lvr:
SoP's Trade List

November 19, 2008, 10:44:57 AM
Reply #28

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 10:44:57 AM »
Companion • Man
Strength • 8
Vitality • 4
Signet • Aragorn
While you can spot Gimli, Aragorn gains the Gimli signet.
While you can spot Legolas, Aragorn gains the Legolas signet.
I see how you're trying to make a nice theme, but I'm afraid I'm bored of this text! Either do something entirely different with signets or give him an additional ability like "Response: If a companion with the Aragorn signet is about to take a wound, exert Aragorn to prevent that wound." That's a bit bland, but I really feel that each of the Three Hunters should be in some way unique and I don't want 3 companions with this text!

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Aragorn.  While Aragorn has the Legolas signet, he is Hunter 1
Just about alright as it is - it should not be hunter 2. Technically, it should be "gains" hunter.

Bearer must be Aragorn. He is an Archer.  While you can spot Gimli, he gains Hunter 1.
This is really dull - you could definitely do better! ;) Make it quite similar to your Legolas' Bow.

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength • +1
Bearer must be Aragorn (Or a companion with the Galadriel Signet).  If bearer is Aragorn, he may bear this hand weapon in addition to one other hand weapon, and if he has the Legolas Signet, Opponents cannot play skirmish events in skirmishes involving him.
This is too complicated. I would not have the "If bearer is Aragorn..." clause. I would make the card a bit more like this:

Bearer must be Aragorn, or have the Galadriel signet.
If bearer has the Legolas signet, Shadow events may not be played in skirmishes involving bearer.

Thranduil

November 20, 2008, 08:47:52 AM
Reply #29

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2008, 08:47:52 AM »
Companion • Man
Strength • 8
Vitality • 4
Signet • Aragorn
While you can spot Gimli, Aragorn gains the Gimli signet.
While you can spot Legolas, Aragorn gains the Legolas signet.

I agree with Thran. I like the idea of Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli being able to all get each other's signets, but I think each should also have a simple ability that is unique to them. Thran's suggestion is perfect here. Lego's ability could be something related to archery (and tie in his own signet), and Gimli could perhaps give someone with his signet a damage bonus somehow? Perhaps when he wins skirmishes?

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Aragorn.  While Aragorn has the Legolas signet, he is Hunter 1

Don't forget periods at the end of your sentences. :P And Thran's right about "gain" vs. "is". Otherwise, looks good to me.

Bearer must be Aragorn. He is an Archer.  While you can spot Gimli, he gains Hunter 1.

Thran's right on the money with this one, too.

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength • +1
Bearer must be Aragorn (Or a companion with the Galadriel Signet).  If bearer is Aragorn, he may bear this hand weapon in addition to one other hand weapon, and if he has the Legolas Signet, Opponents cannot play skirmish events in skirmishes involving him.

I'd word it like this:

Bearer must be Aragorn (or a companion with the Galadriel signet).
If bearer is Aragorn, he may bear this hand weapon in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
If bearer has the Legolas signet, opponents cannot play skirmish events during skirmishes involving bearer.
Best regards,
Dáin

November 21, 2008, 11:02:07 AM
Reply #30

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2008, 11:02:07 AM »
ok I tried something new with them, and rewroekd legolas.
Companion • Elf
Strength • 6
Vitality • 3
Signet • Legolas
Archer
While you can spot Gimli, Legolas gains the Gimli signet and is Damage +1 while at a mountain site.
While you can spot Aragorn, Legolas gains the Aragorn signet and gains [ranger].

whatcha think?
Felipe Musco:
Elf Lvr:
SoP's Trade List

November 21, 2008, 11:03:54 AM
Reply #31

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2008, 11:03:54 AM »
Pretty simple and clean. Nice. Also, fix the ranger thing. ;)

November 22, 2008, 06:11:24 PM
Reply #32

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2008, 06:11:24 PM »
ok I tried something new with them, and rewroekd legolas.
Companion • Elf
Strength • 6
Vitality • 3
Signet • Legolas
Archer

whatcha think?
I think this is actually a bit too messy to just tag on other abilities as you've done. I wanted a third ability like:

"Archery: Exert a companion with the Legolas signet and a companion with either the Gimli or Aragorn signet to wound a minion."

For example. And each one would have their own special ability that triggers off the other signets in the triplet.

Or something. :mrgreen:

Thranduil

November 22, 2008, 07:05:57 PM
Reply #33

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2008, 07:05:57 PM »
Why not a static ability, like adding to the archery total if you can spot different characters with those signets?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 07:07:42 PM by Felipe Musco »

November 24, 2008, 10:31:56 AM
Reply #34

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2008, 10:31:56 AM »
great now I'm confused...can you guys re-review aragorn's bow too? I'm gonna give aragorn and legolas another try...

Companion • Man
Strength • 8
Vitality • 4
Signet • Aragorn
Ranger
While you can spot Gimli, Aragorn gains the Gimli signet
While you can spot Legolas, Aragorn gains the Legolas signet.  Regroup :Exert Aragorn and a companion with the Legolas or Gimli signet to make the move limit +1 (limit +1). The shadow player may draw 2 cards.

again this might be too complicated...but its something, him pushing them on to run harder.

Bearer must be Aragorn. If Aragorn has the gimli and legolas signets, at the start of the archery phase you may exert him and A companion with the Aragorn Signet to begin a skirmish phase between him and a minion and wound that minion.  When that Skirmish phase is ended, resume the current phase.

too complicated? should it give him archer or some other boost?

Companion • Elf
Strength • 6
Vitality • 3
Signet • Legolas
Archer
Archery: Exert a companion with the Legolas signet and a companion with either the Gimli or Aragorn signet to wound a minion.

now that almost seems like too much text...this be harder than I thought ;)  :o

« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 10:36:32 AM by sickofpalantirs »
Felipe Musco:
Elf Lvr:
SoP's Trade List

November 24, 2008, 01:09:59 PM
Reply #35

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2008, 01:09:59 PM »
Companion • Man
Strength • 8
Vitality • 4
Signet • Aragorn
Ranger
While you can spot Legolas, Aragorn gains the Legolas signet.  Regroup :Exert Aragorn and a companion with the Legolas or Gimli signet to make the move limit +1 (limit +1). The shadow player may draw 2 cards.
If you're going to be having lots of this sort of gaining signets on cards, then you could make a keyword for it. "Companionship - Gimli" meaning, while you can spot Gimli, this companion gains the Gimli signet. Or maybe "Companionship - Gimli" just means "gain the Gimli signet" so you might write "While you can spot Gimli, Aragorn gains companionship - Gimli." There are probably better words and phrasings for this, but you get my thought process. Yeah, I like this Aragorn now but you have so say "each Shadow player may draw 2 cards".

Companion • Elf
Strength • 6
Vitality • 3
Signet • Legolas
Archer
Archery: Exert a companion with the Legolas signet and a companion with either the Gimli or Aragorn signet to wound a minion.
I like this guy. The ability seems strangely familiar... ;)

too complicated? should it give him archer or some other boost?
This does seem too complicated, and doesn't make a huge amount of sense! I might do something to key off the number of signets Aragorn has like "Add the start of the archery phase you may exert Aragorn to exert a minion X times, where X is the number of signets Aragorn has." Summit like that. I dunno. :whistle:

Thranduil

November 26, 2008, 09:31:03 AM
Reply #36

Elf_Lvr

• Information Offline
  • Lord
  • Rhythmic Ringwraith
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2008, 09:31:03 AM »
Companion • Man
Strength • 8
Vitality • 4
Signet • Aragorn
Ranger
If you're going to be having lots of this sort of gaining signets on cards, then you could make a keyword for it. "Companionship - Gimli" meaning, while you can spot Gimli, this companion gains the Gimli signet.

I like Thran's idea there. It'd save you a LOT of unnecessary text.

Companion • Elf
Strength • 6
Vitality • 3
Signet • Legolas
Archer

He'd do better with hunter 1 instead of archer. But that's just my opinion. Thran's idea would, again, save you tons of space.

Again, I like Thran's idea.
Happy Hunting!
Remember Cobracards.com.

November 26, 2008, 11:49:11 PM
Reply #37

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2008, 11:49:11 PM »
Companion • Man
Strength • 8
Vitality • 4
Signet • Aragorn
Ranger

Thran's suggestion has some real merit. :up: Other than that, just move the regroup ability to its own line and I think we're cooking!

Something like Thran suggested WOULD be better....

Companion • Elf
Strength • 6
Vitality • 3
Signet • Legolas
Archer

Niftiness! :gp:
Best regards,
Dáin