LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Anarion, Defender of Middle-Earth (Freeps only)  (Read 3997 times)

October 14, 2010, 07:16:23 AM
Read 3997 times

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
Anarion, Defender of Middle-Earth (Freeps only)
« on: October 14, 2010, 07:16:23 AM »
In another attempt to utilize Anarion, I came up with this. It's very fun to play, but I'm still looking for a good Shadow side to match it with.

Frodo, RA
The One Ring, SAWTC

1x Anarion, LoA
1x Pippin, WoBaS

2x Bounder

2x Narsil, BotF
1x Scroll of Isildur
1x Mithril-Coat
2x Sapling of the White Tree

1x Armor
2x Sting, Baggins Heirloom

2x I Will Go
1x The Tale of the Great Ring
1x There and Back Again
1x O Elbereth! Githoniel!
1x The Saga of Elendil

2x Banner of the White Tree
3x Elendil's Valor
2x Dagger Strike
2x Sentinels of Numenor
4x Swordarm of the White Tower
2x Might of Numenor

It's quite obvious: make Anarion healthy as an ox, make him defender of all Middle Earth and then play skirmish events. It's so fun to have 5 vitality Anarion with let's say 4 minions of 10 str on him. Str: 7-40, play Swordarm of the White Tower, Str: 11-20, play Dagger Strike, Str: 13-0. Pippin is there to help Anarion and Frodo survive first sites and then die as a decoy to Balorg or some such. Frodo himself can take more than little punishment and several times I managed to survive site 9. This deck's intention is to keep twilight low (which works quite well) and survive until shadow kills (which also works quite well), so I'm on the look for a killer shadow.

I'm still looking for a good shadow to match it with. I've been switching shadows a lot... maybe I should try keep one for more than 2 games, but I wanna hear your ideas.
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

October 16, 2010, 02:25:19 PM
Reply #1

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
Re: Anarion, Defender of Middle-Earth (Freeps only)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 02:25:19 PM »
No one likes Anarion? :(
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

October 16, 2010, 03:45:43 PM
Reply #2

uncle_elrond

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 03:45:43 PM »
No one likes Anarion? :(

I like him, but I think he is better suited as being another companion in a Gondor deck, instead of the focus.  Trying to make him defender+a lot may help, but I think this needs a bigger fellowship to function well.  This could work against strength-based shadows, but against swarms or any type of wounding it would not work.

October 21, 2010, 12:56:39 AM
Reply #3

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 12:56:39 AM »
I love Anarion, sorry H...., but he is indeed more fun with defender+, I will go is one to think of. Maybe a themedeck, with gondor tanks, the whole family united, isildur, elendil, anarion and grand, grand, grandson Aragorn perhaps?
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...