LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: SW/LotR Design - The Adventure Path.  (Read 24151 times)

May 29, 2008, 10:45:11 AM
Reply #45

menace64

• The Late-Night Moderator
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
  • Bruce Campbell is my father.
Re: SW/LotR Design - The Adventure Path.
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2008, 10:45:11 AM »
Hmmm, I guess I fouled Alderaan up. Well, instead of dodging around a few rules, I'll spend some time this afternoon thinking of a better, less-difficult, text.

Really good question, Lurtzy. This is a great time to give the lay-down on some Ssi-ruuvi grammar. Ssi-ruu is an individual of the Ssi-ruuvi race, Ssi-ruuk being the plural form. So when a card says "Ssi-ruu" it refers to just 1 character. I know it can be a little confusing, but not everything in Star Wars is peas and carrots!

About the Death Star, let me go ahead and say that I haven't really given it much consideration. There's almost no way to do it justice... the closest thing I can think of off the top of my head is some kind of souped-up Grond. But, even then, the Death Star is not a scalpel. It shouldn't be blowing cards up one at a time. If you have a good idea for a Death Star site, go ahead and post it!

May 29, 2008, 11:02:57 AM
Reply #46

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2008, 11:02:57 AM »
I think the Death Star would work better as a condition or artifact or something...perhaps one that plays ON a site. :up: Perhaps it could then have some expensive text that would let it MOVE from one site to another, albeit slowly. If it catches up again...BOOM!

I dunno *shrug* Just a thought.
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

May 29, 2008, 03:49:05 PM
Reply #47

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2008, 03:49:05 PM »
I just think it has to literally blow up sites in some sense or another. Perhaps it could remove sites from the game as well as any support cards that happen to be there (such as cards that play on sites and other active cards while the alliance is there with a few exceptions like characters).

I like DI's mechanic of moving through the site path, though. Particularly reminds me of how the Death Star in SWCCG plays.

Thranduil

May 29, 2008, 05:40:38 PM
Reply #48

Elessar's Socks

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • "I see...I look foul and feel foul. Is that it?"
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2008, 05:40:38 PM »
For Alderaan would a "This site is always active" clause fix it? Still musing over the DSII. If things get too wonky, the superweapon could always be separated from a broader effect--its mere existence was supposed to keep systems in line.

May 29, 2008, 09:18:46 PM
Reply #49

menace64

• The Late-Night Moderator
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
  • Bruce Campbell is my father.
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2008, 09:18:46 PM »
Well, Dain, you earned a gold piece for that thought. I will pursue a Death Star card that can move around the adventure path (too cool). As for Death Star II, seeing as it never made it past construction, it will remain as a site.

And with that... the grand finale of the adventure path portion of this project... FOUR sites! There are still a lot more to do, but my goal right now is to get a solid foundation for each culture in this game.

Here we go!

(W) Asteroids of Hoth [2]
Outer. Vacuum. The twilight cost of each starship played at Asteroids of Hoth is +2.

Originally I was going to write some complicated card that wounded your characters for each starship you had in play, but in the end I went with something much more simple. Not every card can be flashy, ya know.

(W) Rhigar III [2]
Wild. Oceanic. Each time you play a Chiss, you may make another one of your characters strength +2 until the end of the turn.

Rhigar III is home to the Chiss military academy. Uh, well... not much more need be said about the place. It's in the unknown regions (which, gameplay-wise, has been lumped together with wild space to become the Wild keyword). Like Ssi-ruu, I plan on eventually making both Chiss companions and minions; for now, though, Chiss are Light Side only.

(W) Alzoc III (0)
Outer. Tundra. If Alzoc III is in region 2 when the alliance moves from it, the Light Side player chooses an opponent to take control of a site.

Let's see. Alzoc III is an out-of-the-way planet that the Empire kind of walked into. The planet, nearly untouched by the galactic corporations, is a fat stockpile of natural resources (and defenseless aliens that would become slaves). This site is as close a representation of that as I feel possible.

(W) Eos [1]
Mid. Volcanic. Dark Side: Play a [Uruk] card and remove [2] to play a [Uruk] droid from your discard pile.

([Uruk] = Separatists.)
On Eos is located a sizable droid foundry. So yeah. If you think this should cost (0), let me know.

And with that, the adventure path segment of this phase of the SW/LotR project is finished. Next up: Mandalorians!!

May 29, 2008, 09:42:08 PM
Reply #50

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2008, 09:42:08 PM »
(W) Eos [1]
Mid. Volcanic. Dark Side: Play a [Uruk] card and remove [2] to play a [Uruk] droid from your discard pile.
Definately needs to cost (0).
All others look good.

May 30, 2008, 08:14:41 AM
Reply #51

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2008, 08:14:41 AM »
Agree with Lurtzy. I'd also consider making the strength boost on Rhigar III +1 if there are to be minions of that race.
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

May 30, 2008, 08:27:09 AM
Reply #52

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2008, 08:27:09 AM »
For Alderaan would a "This site is always active" clause fix it?
No it doesn't. Sites are always active, in support areas and on the site path. The problem is that a site's gametext is not, only its terrain keywords.

Thranduil

May 30, 2008, 11:22:54 AM
Reply #53

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2008, 11:22:54 AM »
*agrees with dain and lurtzy*
*spams with himself*
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

May 30, 2008, 01:32:00 PM
Reply #54

Elessar's Socks

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • "I see...I look foul and feel foul. Is that it?"
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2008, 01:32:00 PM »
For Alderaan would a "This site is always active" clause fix it?
No it doesn't. Sites are always active, in support areas and on the site path. The problem is that a site's gametext is not, only its terrain keywords.

Thranduil
Alas, too true; next suggestion would be "This site's gametext is always active," but this is one rule that's kind of iffy to break anyway. Knowing Menace, he'll probably cook up something even better down the line. ;)

The site path looks most impressive. ;D