LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: King/Movie Block Sites  (Read 3197 times)

February 25, 2016, 07:47:06 AM
Read 3197 times

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
King/Movie Block Sites
« on: February 25, 2016, 07:47:06 AM »
A lot of people complain about King/Movie Block sites being rather boring. There's the "initiative" site 2, "add a threat" site 3, the "remove burden" site 4, the "six companion" site 7, and the "remove a threat" site 8. While it is certainly a bit less entertaining than Fellowship or Towers block, the idea wasn't exactly the worst concept for game play. What was truly missing from King Block, I believe, were site keywords. No battlegrounds, no forests, two rivers, no mountains[!], etc.

The King Block site path also felt a bit disjointed, since it was following two different stories. Either way, I am going to propose a few sites that will still follow the build of the King Block sites, but introducing a few keywords into the sites.

Site 1K   Flooded Isengard
Fellowship: Discard two unbound Hobbits to play an Ent from your draw deck.

Site 2K   Stair of Dunharrow [2]
Mountain. Shadow: If the Shadow has initiative, spot your minion to play the next site.

Site 2K   White Mountains Camp [2]
Mountain. While the shadow has initiative, the twilight cost of the first minion played at White Mountains Camp is -2.

Site 3K   Rammas Echor [1]
Sanctuary. Fellowship: Add 3 threats to shuffle a non-unique character from your dead pile into your draw deck.

Site 3K   Rath Celerdain [1]
Sanctuary. Fellowship: If you cannot spot 3 threats, add a 2 threats to remove a burden.

Site 4K   Osgiliath Crumbled [3]
River. Battleground. Assignment: Remove 3 burdens to assign a minion to an unbound companion.

Site 4K   Druadan Forest [3]
Forest. Assignment: Remove 2 burdens to make a minion fierce until the regroup phase.

Site 4K   The Pinewoods [3]
Forest. Battleground. Shadow: Remove a burden to add [1].

Site 4K   Stonewain Valley [3]
Forest. Shadow: Remove 2 burdens to play a minion from your discard pile.

Site 5K   Pelennor Wasteland [6]
Plains. Battleground. While you can spot 5 minions, the Shadow has initiative.

Site 5K   Fen Hollen [7]
Battleground. When the Fellowship moves to this site, discard each ally from play.

Site 7K   East Osgiliath [6]
Battleground. River. Shadow: Exert 2 minions and spot 6 companions to play a minion from your discard pile.

Site 8K   Emyn Arnen [8]
Mountain. Shadow: Remove a threat and discard 2 Orcs from hand to play an Orc from your discard pile.

Site 8K   Ithilien Wasteland [8]
Battleground. Forest. Shadow: Remove a threat and spot your Man to play a possession from your discard pile.

Site 8K   Cair Andros [8]
River. Shadow: Remove a threat and spot your Uruk-Hai to make this site a battleground until the regroup phase.

Site 9K   The Black Gate [9]
Battleground. Mountain. While you can spot 5 burdens, the Shadow player has initiative until the regroup phase.

Site 9K   Base of Mount Doom [9]
Mountain. The free peoples player wins the game only if the ring-bearer survives until Shadow players reconcile.

Site 9K   Crack of Doom [11]
Mountain. Underground. Battleground.

Cheers!
-wtk
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 07:51:08 AM by ket_the_jet »

March 03, 2016, 11:25:43 AM
Reply #1

jdizzy001

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Re: King/Movie Block Sites
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 11:25:43 AM »
Very cool
*All posts made by jdizzy001, regardless of the thread in which they appear, are expressions of his own opinion and as such are not representative of views shared by any third party unless expressly acknowledged as such by said party.

I play LOTR SBG look at my minis!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.124731667611081.33577.100002227457509&l=aeb5fa3bdd

March 03, 2016, 04:10:49 PM
Reply #2

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 04:10:49 PM »
A lot of people complain about King/Movie Block sites being rather boring. There's the "initiative" site 2, "add a threat" site 3, the "remove burden" site 4, the "six companion" site 7, and the "remove a threat" site 8. While it is certainly a bit less entertaining than Fellowship or Towers block, the idea wasn't exactly the worst concept for game play. What was truly missing from King Block, I believe, were site keywords. No battlegrounds, no forests, two rivers, no mountains[!], etc.

The King Block site path also felt a bit disjointed, since it was following two different stories. Either way, I am going to propose a few sites that will still follow the build of the King Block sites, but introducing a few keywords into the sites.

Site 1K   Flooded Isengard
Fellowship: Discard two unbound Hobbits to play an Ent from your draw deck.

Awesome!

Site 2K   Stair of Dunharrow [2]
Mountain. Shadow: If the Shadow has initiative, spot your minion to play the next site.

I'd make it [3] instead. I don't see it getting much use otherwise.

Site 2K   White Mountains Camp [2]
Mountain. While the shadow has initiative, the twilight cost of the first minion played at White Mountains Camp is -2.

Other than the mountain keyword, I see no point of using White Mountains Camp over West Road or Rohirrim Camp. Both give a better twilight advantage than White Mountains Camp. You could make it different by making shadow conditions/possessions cheaper by 1 or 2 each? Would make a great site 2 counter to Rohirrim Road and Legolas, DH.

Site 3K   Rammas Echor [1]
Sanctuary. Fellowship: Add 3 threats to shuffle a non-unique character from your dead pile into your draw deck.

Awesome. Great to combo with SFTF. I'd limit it to once per turn though.

Site 3K   Rath Celerdain [1]
Sanctuary. Fellowship: If you cannot spot 3 threats, add a 2 threats to remove a burden.

Nice.

Site 4K   Osgiliath Crumbled [3]
River. Battleground. Assignment: Remove 3 burdens to assign a minion to an unbound companion.

Also great. Nice use of battleground.

Site 4K   Druadan Forest [3]
Forest. Assignment: Remove 2 burdens to make a minion fierce until the regroup phase.

Awesome.

Site 4K   The Pinewoods [3]
Forest. Battleground. Shadow: Remove a burden to add [1].

Might be good, I'd always choose one of your previous two over this, but maybe if you have an elf/uruk deck it would see play.

Site 4K   Stonewain Valley [3]
Forest. Shadow: Remove 2 burdens to play a minion from your discard pile.

Seems balanced, one less twilight than city of the dead.

Site 5K   Pelennor Wasteland [6]
Plains. Battleground. While you can spot 5 minions, the Shadow has initiative.

Seems fine.

Site 5K   Fen Hollen [7]
Battleground. When the Fellowship moves to this site, discard each ally from play.

Looks good.

Site 7K   East Osgiliath [6]
Battleground. River. Shadow: Exert 2 minions and spot 6 companions to play a minion from your discard pile.

Seems more powerful to me than Osgiliath Crossing, not sure.

Site 8K   Emyn Arnen [8]
Mountain. Shadow: Remove a threat and discard 2 Orcs from hand to play an Orc from your discard pile.

Looks cool, but possibly abusable :P

Site 8K   Ithilien Wasteland [8]
Battleground. Forest. Shadow: Remove a threat and spot your Man to play a possession from your discard pile.

Gives dunland a reason to add threats, interesting.

Site 8K   Cair Andros [8]
River. Shadow: Remove a threat and spot your Uruk-Hai to make this site a battleground until the regroup phase.

Looks fine.

Site 9K   The Black Gate [9]
Battleground. Mountain. While you can spot 5 burdens, the Shadow player has initiative until the regroup phase.

I like it

Site 9K   Base of Mount Doom [9]
Mountain. The free peoples player wins the game only if the ring-bearer survives until Shadow players reconcile.

Badly needed

Site 9K   Crack of Doom [11]
Mountain. Underground. Battleground.

I love the tradeoff here!

Cheers!
-wtk
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

March 05, 2016, 06:04:09 PM
Reply #3

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 06:04:09 PM »
I much prefer these :) Particularly like Crack of Doom and Cair Andros.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.