LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Wiki Backup  (Read 2456 times)

September 24, 2017, 09:50:46 AM
Read 2456 times

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
Wiki Backup
« on: September 24, 2017, 09:50:46 AM »
So it seems that whatever process Kralik had set to automatically back up the wiki each night started failing around 2013, so that avenue of backup is now worthless.

I have spent some time scraping everything I could find on the wiki.  I got two versions of every page, the html that you get when you actually view it, and the html of the page when you go to edit it, which grants us the raw text of the article.  I managed to get all of the card pages and everything linked to on the wiki index.  If there are any pages that are not listed in the grand index or the wiki index, then I did not get it, so please inform me if you know of any such pages.

(In retrospect, dokuwiki is kind of garbage.  Even as simple a feature as "list all pages on the wiki" appears to be missing.)

I have put all of my backup data in this google drive folder  here..  Please download and keep it someplace safe; if this website goes down I feel like a lot of hard work stands to be lost.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

September 24, 2017, 12:41:48 PM
Reply #1

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: Wiki Backup
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 12:41:48 PM »
Nice work. I had created a backup of most of the card images about a year ago when the Wiki was down for several months, but that was the extent of my knowledge for how to access everything all at once. It'll be good to have something more thorough.

September 29, 2018, 10:22:20 PM
Reply #2

Tholris

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 10:22:20 PM »
Nice work. I had created a backup of most of the card images about a year ago when the Wiki was down for several months, but that was the extent of my knowledge for how to access everything all at once. It'll be good to have something more thorough.

Can you link that backup, or share how you did it?

October 07, 2018, 06:09:42 AM
Reply #3

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 06:09:42 AM »
I think the better backup would be Teltura's, since I missed some cards. I set up a little script to open the card pages of the wiki (since the format is pretty consistent) and save the images to a folder. I missed the Tengwar, Masterworks, oversized cards, etc.