LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Deck Builder  (Read 2740 times)

April 14, 2020, 02:08:20 PM
Read 2740 times

SGollum

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
  • The Smeags
Deck Builder
« on: April 14, 2020, 02:08:20 PM »
I mainly play with physical cards, but I use GEMP to save my decks. Is there a way to put my collection that I have physically into a program that lets me build decks there? I know you can do it on GEMP, but you would have to buy a lot of cards with the merchant.
Everything Gollum says is automatically the best LOTR qoutes.

April 14, 2020, 02:51:08 PM
Reply #1

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
Re: Deck Builder
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 02:51:08 PM »
Gemp is totally free to play. You don't need to use cards from the merchant, unless things have changed drastically since I last played. There are occasional leagues that use 'my cards' (those got from the merchant), but all casual games and most league games use 'all cards'. Just use that option in the deck builder.

I remember the first time I went online. It was incredible: suddenly I had 4 of every card. The possibilities seemed endless!

April 14, 2020, 05:07:39 PM
Reply #2

SGollum

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
  • The Smeags
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 05:07:39 PM »
Gemp is totally free to play. You don't need to use cards from the merchant, unless things have changed drastically since I last played. There are occasional leagues that use 'my cards' (those got from the merchant), but all casual games and most league games use 'all cards'. Just use that option in the deck builder.

I remember the first time I went online. It was incredible: suddenly I had 4 of every card. The possibilities seemed endless!

Sorry I didn't clarify (aways horrible at that, lol), but what I meant was is there a way to have a virtual collection of my physical cards so I can build decks on the go (to use physically) without trying to remember what I have physically using Gemp.

For example, I don't have 4 of a certain card, etc., but the program knows how many I have so I can put it in my deck (like Gemp does).

April 14, 2020, 06:37:13 PM
Reply #3

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 06:37:13 PM »
How are you planning on putting your cards in any digital format? It's going to be a lot of manual entry no matter how you slice it. Zorbec's is the only other deckbuilder of note, and I'm not seeing a way to restrict the overall card pool.

Buying up the cards in the merchant is going to be a massive hassle though, especially since in most browsers you'll have to make twice as many clicks for some reason. The idea that comes to my mind is to add all your cards to the deckbuilder and save it as a deck, perhaps divided by block or culture. Then you can browse your cards in a meaningful way. Perhaps open a second window and build your deck up from there, or pare down from the full collection. Open up your Fellowship and Towers master lists to see what your Towers Standard options are. Just be careful not to save over your list! If you end up doing this, I might consider making an extra copy of each of them as a backup.

The next best alternative, in my thinking, would be to use the Excel version of the wiki database and go down the line marking your quantities of each card. Then you can use Excel's filters to see your Shire cards from a certain range of sets. This would be the easiest option for you to set up, but probably the most difficult to do anything with.

April 15, 2020, 06:19:37 AM
Reply #4

SGollum

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
  • The Smeags
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 06:19:37 AM »
How are you planning on putting your cards in any digital format? It's going to be a lot of manual entry no matter how you slice it. Zorbec's is the only other deckbuilder of note, and I'm not seeing a way to restrict the overall card pool.

Buying up the cards in the merchant is going to be a massive hassle though, especially since in most browsers you'll have to make twice as many clicks for some reason. The idea that comes to my mind is to add all your cards to the deckbuilder and save it as a deck, perhaps divided by block or culture. Then you can browse your cards in a meaningful way. Perhaps open a second window and build your deck up from there, or pare down from the full collection. Open up your Fellowship and Towers master lists to see what your Towers Standard options are. Just be careful not to save over your list! If you end up doing this, I might consider making an extra copy of each of them as a backup.

The next best alternative, in my thinking, would be to use the Excel version of the wiki database and go down the line marking your quantities of each card. Then you can use Excel's filters to see your Shire cards from a certain range of sets. This would be the easiest option for you to set up, but probably the most difficult to do anything with.

What's nice is I already have all of my cards documented in a notebook so I could theoretically check my decks with it, but it would probably just be easier to substitute cards that I don't have or remember what I don't have.

If you had a program that added one of every card for a certain set, that would take most of the pain out, though it would probably still take about 5-10 hours for my collection.

Just an idea, not sure if I'm the only one who would do it, but I think it could be helpful sometimes. I'll just use Gemp to do that for me right now (substituting cards I don't have).