LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: LotR-TCG Card Generator using nanDECK  (Read 9610 times)

January 29, 2021, 08:02:39 PM
Reply #105

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
Re: LotR-TCG Card Generator using nanDECK
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2021, 08:02:39 PM »
Card Generator v2.0.3 Update

See above for upgrade instructions if you are upgrading from version 1.x!

Download here

Documentation is included as a PDF with each release.  The latest version can also be found here on Google docs.

If you have a previous version installed then close nanDECK, make sure to back up your cards.csv and card_portraits / card_output folders, then copy-paste the contents of the zip into your existing installation folder.

Change Log:

• Fixing an issue where modifier type/subtype wasn't displaying properly
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 08:31:08 PM by TelTura »
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

April 28, 2022, 03:57:16 PM
Reply #106

whitewolfjm

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2022, 03:57:16 PM »
I had posted this in a different thread and realized I should probably post it here instead:

Loving this application, and really loving the full art card template.  A request for that if I may.  Would it be possible to either put a stroke color on the text and icons for the full art cards or maybe a light semi-opaque box on the game text area?  this would make game text much more readable on the art.

Thanks again.

April 30, 2022, 12:02:24 AM
Reply #107

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Administrator
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2022, 12:02:24 AM »
I've tried various incarnations doing that, and never found a version that looks good in every case.  I myself just edit each background image to have the proper contrast as needed.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

May 02, 2022, 04:17:54 PM
Reply #108

whitewolfjm

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2022, 04:17:54 PM »
I've tried various incarnations doing that, and never found a version that looks good in every case.  I myself just edit each background image to have the proper contrast as needed.

So when you edit the image, are you just editing where the text will go or do you adjust contrast for the whole image?  If just where the text will go, can you give me the locations for the game text area on the image? (assuming a full portrait image)

May 02, 2022, 04:47:12 PM
Reply #109

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Administrator
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2022, 04:47:12 PM »
Well, I end up doing contrast work for the whole image (alongside color correction etc), but what I'm talking about involves spot-fixing wherever the text goes. There isn't a specific area I can give you, because it's down to adjusting where the specific text ends up landing. See this Google drive folder for examples of what I'm talking about: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KRDWvkSQe67CEzqwhWrWg9ndiR_0wY25

May 12, 2022, 06:52:57 AM
Reply #110

JamesCB

• Information Offline
  • Troll
  • Breather of Air
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2022, 06:52:57 AM »
Question: The generator comes with both a cards.csv and cards.ods. What purpose does the ods serve?

May 12, 2022, 11:15:23 AM
Reply #111

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Administrator
« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2022, 11:15:23 AM »
The tutorial video explains this. Basically, csv files have zero formatting information, including column width. If you want to have a usable workspace that preserves your formatting etc, you'll need to use an ods or xlsx file, and export to csv.

However I don't use that method anymore. Instead I use the Google sheet method, which nandeck supports, and then I don't need to juggle different files. That method is detailed in the documentation pdf.

May 12, 2022, 11:41:15 AM
Reply #112

JamesCB

• Information Offline
  • Troll
  • Breather of Air
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2022, 11:41:15 AM »
Okay, thanks. I just use xlsx so I haven't noticed anything.