LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Saruman's Legacy: RPG thread  (Read 23043 times)

December 14, 2008, 06:27:36 PM
Reply #15

Elf_Lvr

• Information Offline
  • Lord
  • Rhythmic Ringwraith
Re: Saruman's Legacy: RPG thread
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 06:27:36 PM »
Silvarin crashed through the trees, wounded dwarf slung over his shoulder. He seemed to be barely conscious - the blows from the Uruk arrows were very strong. Once the noise of clashing swords had dimmed, Silvarin laid the dwarf on the ground and ripped off his plate mail to expose the arrow-wound on his shoulder. He placed both hands on the wound and whispered the magical words of healing. The flesh and muscle knitted back together, now the wound was but a bruise. Luckily, the armor had absorbed some of the blow and the wound wasn't difficult to heal. Silvarin had spent a bit too much energy on the lightning spell, but it had paid off - many orcs that weren't killed ran scared.

Yet there was no time to rest. The Uruk fighting Tuilin was very strong - Silvarin guessed he was their leader - and though Silvarin knew Tuilin was an able fighter, he saw too many able fighters cut down at Helm's Deep. Especially when outnumbered. Who knew how many Uruks were lying in wait in the woods?

Silvarin slowed once he had reached the clearing. He peered through the trees and saw that the Uruk Tuilin had been fighting was lying on the ground, and three uruks had engaged Tuilin. Another was attending to the commander. Silvarin raised his fingers to his lips and began to speak the words of a spell.

Suddenly, a black-feathered arrow flew past his shoulder and struck a tree behind him. It seemed some uruk-hai hadn't run at all - they had retreated further into the forest to use their bows. Silvarin loosed his spell, but not against the uruk leader - instead, bolts of magical fire sped towards the Uruks fighting Tuilin. One had already fallen, the others were roasted in their armor. Silvarin screamed, "Archers!" Knowing Tuilin would respond quickly and escape, Silvarin ducked back into the cover of the forest and ran for where the dwarf was hidden, infusing magic into his weakened muscles. He could already hear the sound of uruk footsteps behind him.
Happy Hunting!
Remember Cobracards.com.
Thou cannot unjack what doth hath been jacked. - Menace64
"To die's the day worth livin' for!"
Maybe you guys can find a bard and have your story of heroic Balrog proximity put into verse.

December 15, 2008, 06:39:34 AM
Reply #16

Centurion

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 06:39:34 AM »
Candron was just slipping out through one of the many damaged parts of Isengard's outer wall when the distant sounds of a fight in the woods. Half because he was bored and half because he was really interested in helping he began towards the sound. What he saw stunned him. Uruks he thought AND elves oh this gonna be just lovely. He then proceeded to load an arrow to the string of his bow pointing it towards the uruks dueling an elf but then he heard a shout"archers!!!" and saw an arrow sail into the tree next to the source of the shout and decided to cover their retreat instead. he fired a few arrows toward the uruk archers and then ran after the two elves carrying his countryman.   
Caffeine destroys Society.
Society destroys Freedom.
Freedom is the right of all sentient beings (and therefore should not be destroyed.)
Caffeine, therefore, destroys the enemy of freedom.

Caffeine, therefore, is a sacred weapon for the protection of all sentient beings. -- Agent Drake

December 15, 2008, 09:15:36 AM
Reply #17

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Let the armies of Mordor know this....
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2008, 09:15:36 AM »
 Sorin II had awakened to find himself on the forest floor. "Am I dead?" Sorin wondered aloud. In answer an Elf came thundering through the trees toward him."Guess not" he muttered to himself. Sorin saw a group of Uruks chasing the Elf. Sorin raised his hand in the air and shouted, "Nenoliar!" A round, indigo blue bubble incased the Uruk-hai. "Heal yourself!" he shouted to the Elf. "I never learned to how to keep this up!"

(I'm going to say Sorin II learned 2 spells from Tharkun.)
"Never Again, will the land of my people, fall into enemy hands! For Gondor! For Gondor! For Gondor!

https://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php?topic=426.120

December 15, 2008, 06:59:29 PM
Reply #18

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2008, 06:59:29 PM »
the uruk had fought well, But Tuilin had him now...than his ear caught a noise, almost imperceptible, a slight woosh centuries of fighting had given him the reflexes that now saved his life, he fell.  This was actually harder than it sounded as his brain hadn't quite caught up,  his legs jerked to the side, he contorted his chest, and a blade that had been meant to decapitate him took a chunk out of his thigh instead.  He rolled and came up, parried the uruks next blow and ran him through.  two more leapt at him, and he swiftly dispatched them, he heard Silvarin cry archers, and decided it was time to leave.  He sheathed his sword while on the run, and drew out his bow and an arrow, a bolt struck in a tree by him, and he spun, mind calculating where it came from. There...a metallic gleam. TWANG...his tale stood at 8.  another bolt, another arrow...9.  He caught up to silvarin.  just in time to see thw dwarf awake and cast a primitive spell. "What now?" he asked Silvarin.
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

January 14, 2009, 11:00:48 AM
Reply #19

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 11:00:48 AM »
 Sorin's strength was failing him. The Magic Elf was healing himself and Sorin was getting weaker."Done!" The Elf shouted. Sorin II's strength gave out. The Dwarf saw a ring of fire surround the Uruks, and then he passed out.
"Never Again, will the land of my people, fall into enemy hands! For Gondor! For Gondor! For Gondor!

January 15, 2009, 07:20:44 AM
Reply #20

Elf_Lvr

• Information Offline
  • Lord
  • Rhythmic Ringwraith
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 07:20:44 AM »
Silvarin was rather impressed - he'd never seen a dwarf that could cast spells before. Keeping a spell like that up for that long in his weakened state was interesting, to say the least. He didn't have much time to marvel at the little dwarf, however, for soon he collapsed and the spell faltered. Tuilin, however, was ready with arrows nocked and Silvarin joined him with bolts of fire. The pursuing uruks fell dead, though Silvarin could still hear Uruk-voices far off in the forest.

"Come, Tuilin," said Silvarin, "Let's get this little fellow to Isengard. I fear our friends may be in more danger than they know."

Happy Hunting!
Remember Cobracards.com.
Thou cannot unjack what doth hath been jacked. - Menace64
"To die's the day worth livin' for!"
Maybe you guys can find a bard and have your story of heroic Balrog proximity put into verse.

January 16, 2009, 11:04:46 AM
Reply #21

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 11:04:46 AM »
"I think we have enough danger for now" Tuilin muttered as he shouldered the dwarf.  "He's going to be angry when he wakes up you know"
"Undoubtedly" Silvarin replied.
"It always seems to me like magic rather spoils things" Tuilin joked " You stand around mutter some words, throw some energy around and bam...all your foes are dead.  Don't you long for a little honest killing every now and than?"
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
SoP's Trade List

January 16, 2009, 07:49:13 PM
Reply #22

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 07:49:13 PM »
 Sorin II awoke to find himself on an Elf's shoulder. His first thought was to punch the Elf in the nose :twisted: But when he saw there was a few Uruks chasing them. "Master Elf," he shouted. The spell casting Elf turned. This Elf muttered something and crossed and uncrossed his arms three times. Instantly two of the Uruk-hai were surrounded by a ring of fire. The Uruks were roasting in their armor. "Nice," Sorin thought. The Elf carrying him broke into a dead run. Reaching the side gate of Isengard, this Elf began pounding on the gate. Suddenly, the gate swung inward to reveal a Ranger bearing a broken Longsword.

January 17, 2009, 10:18:45 AM
Reply #23

Centurion

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2009, 10:18:45 AM »
Candron was racing through the woods as fast as his feet could carry him. Why is it that I get all the interesting assignments and my idiot employers always fail to mention the risks URUKS and ELVES which is worse don't know.He thought the elves and the dwarf were almost to the gates now and the uruks had given up chase for the most part "HEY!!" he yelled "wait up" the gate was opening aaaaaaaaaaaand closing "BLAST!!" he said well I'll just go back in the way I got out. He then proceeded to the breech now with a guard. No problem to sneak past, the guy was half asleep anyway. He had a feeling things were about to get interesting and he would have to stick around besides he could get back to his favorite occupation lost since his youth ... ...annoying Sniggit.
Caffeine destroys Society.
Society destroys Freedom.
Freedom is the right of all sentient beings (and therefore should not be destroyed.)
Caffeine, therefore, destroys the enemy of freedom.

Caffeine, therefore, is a sacred weapon for the protection of all sentient beings. -- Agent Drake

January 27, 2009, 07:54:52 PM
Reply #24

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009, 07:54:52 PM »
 "Let me down!" Sorin II shouted. The Elf that had been carrying him finally set him to the ground. "Thank you." Sorin said grumpily. Sorin turned to see the magic Elf clasp his hand into a fist and raise it to the sky. Three aura colored lightning bolts slashed down and slew three more uruks. Only two Uruk-hai remained. Suddenly, an arrow seemed to grow out of the first ones neck. The second one, ran away as fast as he could. "Nice Shot," Sorin admitted gruffly to the Elf behind him."Thanks," The Elf replied," I'm Tulin,'' he said extending his hand. "Sorin the Second or just Sorin I prefer," Sorin II replied, shaking Tulins hand. "You know, I've never seen a Dwarf cast a spell," Tulin admitted. "I learned a few spells from Tharkun."

February 02, 2009, 10:28:18 AM
Reply #25

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 10:28:18 AM »
"It actually wasn't a very good shot" Tuilin continued "I was aiming about an inch in,  there was a possibility he would've taken that and kept coming, small but if I do it enough times someones going to survive it...though it hasn't happened yet." he said with a smile.
Felipe Musco:
Elf Lvr:
SoP's Trade List

February 11, 2009, 11:05:37 AM
Reply #26

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 11:05:37 AM »
     Sniggit had risen early that day and after the hullabaloo about the tunnel collapse he figured the excitement was over for the day. He though wrong. The reports that came back were mostly garbled though they did have one interesting part of them. Something about Uruks. Sniggit looked up in surprise as the messenger informed him of the battle: "...and their are several elves and an injured dwarf coming this way, with a human a good bit behind," finished the winded man as he gave his report. "Hmm," though Sniggit, "I wonder who the elves and the human are?" He didn't have long to wonder. Reports soon came back that the elves were at the gated and had been let in while the human had disappeared. When Sniggit heard the description of the human he started to wonder and quickly headed for the stairs.

Down in the plain of Isengard, Sniggit soon discovered the identity of the two elves, an elven warrior named Tuilin and some elvish sorcerer named Silvarin. Sniggit shivered. Unlike Gimli he detested elves, and elvish sorcerers even more. Whats more he also discovered that the human was none other than Candron, someone he had known as long as he could remember, which was a very, very long way back. Candron immediately greeted  Sniggit: "You've gotten old, dwarf." "Same to you," growled Sniggit, though inside he was overjoyed. Candron was the one human he saw eye to eye with. Maybe it was their shared appreciation for cynicism. Maybe it was their shared dislike for elves. Or maybe it was the fact that Candron had been raised by dwarves, and in Sniggit's earlier years they had spent 17 years travelling Middle-Earth together on a quest for the last dwarven ring which had been rumored to have been consumed by dragon fire; but also rumored to have survived. For whatever reason, Sniggit was glad to see his old friend for the first time in 22 years…

February 15, 2009, 07:19:22 PM
Reply #27

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2009, 07:19:22 PM »
 Sorin II was listening. He was also a little bored. Because of this bordem, he decided to explore further inside Isengard than he had ever been before. Rounding a corner, he accidently bumped into another Dwarf. "Gimli!" Sorin exclamed. "Sorin, I heard you were injured," came Gimli's reply."I hear your a bit of a sorcerer", Gimli added. Sorin II nodded,"I learned 2 spells from Tharkun." Gimli nodded and said nothing.

February 18, 2009, 10:30:41 AM
Reply #28

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2009, 10:30:41 AM »
     Tolren had been working when he heard of the Uruk attack. Earlier that day he had snagged a copy of
Elvish Runes and had tried to make some sense out of the ring. All he understood was something about
One Ring-ancient-not-bound-hidden-sight-of-men and something about Curunir, Istar and Gothmog.
He had given up and gone back to work; this time helping to locate and chart any small tunnels. They had located and collapsed three when their overseer, a stout little dwarf named Byrok reported the news about the skirmish with the Uruk-hai. The team moved on to a different tunnel but as they did so Tolren's ring lit up, and he fell over, unconcious. No one noticed his absence. When Tolren awoke his fellow workers were gone, and his lantern was out. The white gold of his ring emanated a soft, but powerful glow and black gold seemed to suck all light from around it. Tolren found that he felt a strong urge to follow one of the tunnels, and, almost as if in a dream, he started walking, down, down, down. Several minutes later, Tolren managed to regain control of his legs. He felt sleepy, and a little light-headed, but what he saw before him erased any thoughts of rest. He at the edge of a gigantic chamber, about 500 feet wide and completely circular, with the ceiling roughly 200 feet high. In the center was a circular platform 20 feet high and on it stood the immense statue of a demon. The whole room was ornately carved with runes, and many smaller life-sized statues of goblin-soldiers in full armor and armored troll-men stood in circles around the demon. Tolren was lost for words at the splendor of the hall. Once again, his legs began to move until he was standing before the demon. Then, without any orders from his mind his mouth began to move, and a voice that did not belong to him started to chant in a loud voice.

One Ring, not bound to any other,
One Ring, hidden from the sight of men
One Ring, master of ancient power
One Ring, the servant of Curunir.
Curunir wrought it, Curunir brought it, the doom of Sauron.
One Ring to enslave Gothmog the Mighty. Shall not the Istar rule!

As he spoke the eyes of the statues glowed with a red light and a horrible chorus of voices joined his own. The room grew unbearably hot and before Tolren's eyes the ring burst into white flame and the demon on the pedestal spoke. "What does my master require of me?" The he saw Tolren and his face cracked into a horrible smile. "Where is Curunir, little worm? Where is he? Tell me, or I shall consume you!"
Tolren muttered something incomprehensible and the demon spoke once more. "I am Gothmog the Mighty, and I shall not suffer a worm to rule over me." He grasped Tolren and, and as he did so, Tolren burst into a blinding flame. Then, Gothmog took the ring and placed it on his own finger. It seemed to join with his finger, melting into it as Gothmog  raised himself to full height. "Come, my brothers!" he roared to the crowd. "Our master has fled or perished, our slavery is over, let us rule over Middle earth!" Stepping over Tolren's blackened bones, Gothmog went towards the entrance, the army of Greater Uruk-hai and Troll-men behind him...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 02:49:33 PM by Gate Troll »

February 18, 2009, 11:31:25 AM
Reply #29

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2009, 11:31:25 AM »
 Sorin II had been conversing with Gimli when suddenly,, the ground shook. "What in blazes is happening," Gimli shouted. Legolas, who had recently joined them, ran to a window."Legolas, what do you see?" Sorin roared."Hundreds of Goblins and Uruks, and...", His voice trailed of."What!,"Gimli shouted again.

In the cold air, three words chilled everyones bones.

"Gothmog has returned," Legolas whispered.