LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Dwarves Moria First Attempt  (Read 3287 times)

November 11, 2020, 03:12:19 PM
Read 3287 times

elfwarrior

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Dwarves Moria First Attempt
« on: November 11, 2020, 03:12:19 PM »
Here is my attempt at a Book of Mazarbul/Dwarf Tales deck with Moria I made after reading about dwarves on the forum. I will try dwarf decks from the forum too. It was recommended that if I wanted to play Moria that I play Dwarves and Book of Mazarbul with Delving. Build up the dwarves and draw extra cards from the Book, Delving and Goblin Scimitar. There are tales to pump Gloin. The Shadow is copied from the forum from the deck posted here: https://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php?topic=8874.0. My original post about Fellowship Block deckbuilding went to two pages and had several different decks in it so I reposted the dwarf/ moria deck here (with some changes). I have built three different Free Peoples sided including this one. The first two only a 5 or so card changes or cards to add to make the deck bigger if necessary due to the card drawing in those decks. I have yet to build my own shadow. This decj's shadow was inspired by the deck I posted a link two but mine got so close to the inspiration that I decided just to try the posted Moria shadow side I found itself.

Dwarves Moria Fellowship
Ring-bearer: Frodo, Old Bilbo's Heir
Ring: The One Ring, The Ruling Ring

Adventure deck:
Hobbiton Party Field
Trollshaw Forest
Council Courtyard
Mithril Mine
The Bridge of Khazad-dum
Dimrill Dale
Anduin Wilderlands
Shores of Nen Hithoel
Summit of Amon Hen

Free Peoples Draw Deck:
2x Farin, Dwarven Emissary
2x Fror, Gimli's Kinsman
1x Gimli, Son of Gloin (starting)
1x Gloin, Friend to Thorin (starting)
1x Thrarin, Dwarven Smith
1x Bilbo, Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
1x Bounder
3x Book of Mazarbul
2x Dwarven Axe
2x Dwarven Bracers
1x Gimli's Battle Axe
1x Gimli's Helm
3x Hand Axe
1x Sting
1x Mithril-coat
4x Axe Strike
2x Delving
2x Hobbit Stealth
1x Beneath the Mountains
4x Endurance of Dwarves
1x Greatest Kingdom of My People
1x Make Light of Burdens
1x Song of Durin
1x Stairs of Khazad-dum
2x Till Durin Wakes Again

Shadow Draw Deck:
3x Cave Troll of Moria, Scourge of the Black Pit
1x Goblin Flankers
4x Goblin Runner
4x Goblin Scavenger
1x Goblin Scrabbler
1x Goblin Warrior
1x Guard Commander
4x Moria Scout
1x The Balrog, Flame of Udun
1x Troll's Keyward
1x Ulaire Nertea, Keeper of Dol Guldur
1x Úlairë Enquëa, Lieutenant of Morgul
4x Goblin Scimitar
1x Moria Axe
4x Host of Thousands
4x Goblin Armory
2x Goblin Swarms
1x Relics of Moria
3x They Are Coming

-elfwarrior
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 06:19:40 PM by elfwarrior »

November 12, 2020, 01:34:15 PM
Reply #1

azogsbane

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
Re: Dwarves Moria First Attempt
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 01:34:15 PM »
This is probably my favorite deck-type. So I speak from experience when I say that this looks good pretty good, actually.

I prefer Flurry of Blows to Axe-Strike. If you make that switch, however, you'll probably want to add another axe. I would probably get rid of Make Light of Burdens and add another Bilbo instead. Great Works Begun There is another tale that comes in handy. I would maybe add that and another copy of Beneath the Mountains to replace Song of During and Stairs of Khazad Dum. I encount a lot more decks with Ulaire Cantea trying to discard my weapons than I encounter [Moria] decks. And Dwarves are naturally good pretty against [Moria] anyway.

On the Shadow side, I don't know why you're using Ulaire Attea. Was that supposed to be Ulaire Nertea? That would make more sense. On a broader level I would tend to specialize my [Moria] deck either to beat-down (focusing on the Cave Troll and Moria Axe with multi-vitality orcs) or to swarms (lots of cheap minions, no expensive ones, except perhaps a Balrog). You seem to be going for both at the same time. I dunno, maybe that will work. I suppose it might give you more adaptability depending on what you're up against.

Again, this looks great as it is. I'm just nit-picking because Dwarves and Goblins are my wheel-house.

November 14, 2020, 11:59:22 AM
Reply #2

elfwarrior

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Re: Dwarves Moria First Attempt
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 11:59:22 AM »
Thanks for the help. Also, thanks for pointing out I put the wrong ring wraith. That was an accident, they look similar. It was supposed to be Nertea. Good thing I read your advice before I played the deck yesterday because I needed Nertea and drew it.

-elfwarrior