LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1332 times)

August 20, 2021, 12:53:37 AM
Read 1332 times

Nialion

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
Hello
« on: August 20, 2021, 12:53:37 AM »
I am new to this site. And I havent played the game in a while. I am going to introduce the game for a few friends and I am to construct 4 decks.  I can not remember what shadow goes well with what fellowship.

I was thinking something like this am I totally off? Any suggestions would be great.

Deck 1
Dwarf- Uruk

Deck 2
Hobbits - Moria

Deck 3
Rangers - Nazgul

Deck 4
Elves - Sauron

Best regards Jimmy

August 20, 2021, 07:30:14 AM
Reply #1

JamesCB

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 07:30:14 AM »
If you're asking about the starter packs, these are the cultures:

[Gandalf] Gandalf / [Moria] Moria (x2)
[Gondor] Gondor / [Isengard] Isengard
[Shire] Shire / [Wraith] Ringwraith and [Sauron] Sauron (Deluxe)

[Dwarven] Dwarven / [Sauron] Sauron

[Elven] Elven / [Isengard] Isengard
[Gondor] Gondor / [Sauron] Sauron

If you mean cultures that just work together in general, I'm not sure, sorry.  :-S

August 20, 2021, 07:34:02 AM
Reply #2

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 07:34:02 AM »
It really depends on what strategies the cultures are using, more than just cultures themselves.

That said, the quickest route to teaching is to just use Decipher's own starter decks, which tend to be on the simpler side. Those lists are here: https://lotrtcgwiki.com/wiki/starter_pack
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

August 20, 2021, 07:45:10 AM
Reply #3

Nialion

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 07:45:10 AM »
Thank you for the replies. I ment cultures that goes well together. So the diffrent sides wont clogg up or have bad sites for the other one or something like that.

Are there any special tings I should think about on that note when building a deck?

August 20, 2021, 07:59:41 AM
Reply #4

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2021, 07:59:41 AM »
That's a more general deckbuildimg concern; just make sure that at least one side can cycle cards well. Again tho, this is going to vary deck to deck, not culture to culture. You can make uruk decks that cycle well (using Abandoning Reason For Madness, etc), and you can make uruk decks that clog like mad (if for instance you relied too much on swords and events, which are dead in your hand if you draw no uruks). The only time this isn't true is when a culture only lends itself to ~1 strategy, such as Moria frequently going for hand extension.

The question you need to ask is what *strategies* pair well together.  Making a shadow bomb of any cultural flavor requires a freeps side that can easily cycle and stand on its own with just what's on the table--a pipeweed deck, perhaps. A lot of freeps-focused decks will require the opposite, that shadow be able to set up and stop your opponent without a lot of specific cards in hand--card slots you'd rather be filled with freeps cards.

No offense, but if you're asking these questions I'd think you have a 50/50 chance of building decks that end up hard to teach with. If the starter decks don't appeal to you, maybe search this subforum for pre-built decks you'd like to use instead.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

August 20, 2021, 11:53:04 AM
Reply #5

Nialion

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2021, 11:53:04 AM »
I basicly understand all of that. I just didnt remember if there where some cultures that worked better together. But it seems like that not the case then. Thank you for your help. I will look for some existing decks and maybe build a few decks of my own.   :)