LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: A Viable Lady Undomiel deck!?  (Read 1096 times)

December 18, 2021, 04:13:16 PM
Read 1096 times

Orophoin

• Information Offline
  • Orc
A Viable Lady Undomiel deck!?
« on: December 18, 2021, 04:13:16 PM »
Hi all!

For quite some time, I've been trying to get an Arwen, Lady Undomiel deck to work. When you get her allies out, she is, in theory, so strong against Uruk-Hai in particular (loaded with Gwemegil and Asfaloth) she can beat Troop of Uruk-Hai, which is no mean feat! She'll even beat an Orc Pillager.

This deck compliments her incredible strength with all the other strongest companions in the block, boosted further with Trust Me as You Once Did (one little bonus for Lady Undomiel is her Gandalf Signet).  When fully set up (and you will get through the entire deck most games), you'll have a strength 9 Gimli, 13 Arwen, 14 Aragorn and 12 Gandalf, who can boost all members of the team. The Uruks and Nazgul can't compete with that! But nor can Moria Swarm with RotN and Trust Me. And with Shoulder to Shoulder, I can heal 7 wounds per turn as well as add Twilight for Deep in Thought (not always necessary as this deck does not choke), so Archery/Grind are not had matchups at all!

The deck used to use Boromir, DoMT instead of Aragorn (yep, it functioned with no archers at all). It has a small niche, as you could run Horn, extra heals and if you were feeling bold, add 80 to the pool to guarantee Gandalf's concentration isn't broken when Deep in Thought, reducing the reliance on Shoulder to Shoulder (watch out for Guard Commander/Palantir of Orthanc!), but at the moment, Such a Little Thing is everywhere, and he's slightly harder to come by, as he can't ride the Pony. I still bid 0, however, and rarely double to site 3. Instead, set up at Trollshaw Forest (use Hobbiton Woods if using Boromir) and if necessary double to 5, 7 and 9. Shoulder to Shoulder can eliminate the need to use the sanctuary at 6. A good starting hand will contain at least one of Elrond or Gandalf (and Aragorn if not at the Prancing Pony), but there are enough spares that they should come out sooner rather than later, especially if you cycle.

The Shadow is a simple Moria Swarm, but I've thrown in 3 Orc Ambusher for Tol Brandir, and Nertea and Enquea for crowd control (watch out for OEG, but if it's a low site, you can still use Nertea to facilitate a semi swarm to take out a key companion that isn't Frodo, such as Gandalf, Sam or Greenleaf/Aragorn). It isn't a bomb: try to swarm the opponent every site, but in particular, site 7 ruins most Last Alliance fellowships. Tower Assassin should be in every Fellowship Block deck.

Ring-bearer: Frodo, Old Bilbo's Heir
Ring: The One Ring, Isildur's Bane

Adventure deck:
The Prancing Pony
Trollshaw Forest
Rivendell Valley
Mithril Mine
The Bridge of Khazad-dum
Dimrill Dale
Anduin Wilderland
Shores of Nen Hithoel
Tol Brandir

Free Peoples Draw Deck:
1x Gimli, Son of Gloin (Starting)
1x Arwen, Lady Undomiel (Starting)
3x Gandalf, Friend of the Shirefolk
3x Aragorn, Ranger of the North
1x Thrarin, Dwarven Smith
3x Elrond, Lord of Rivendell
1x Erestor, Chief Advisor to Elrond
1x Galadriel, Lady of the Golden Wood
1x Golradir, Councilor of Imladris
1x Saelbeth, Elven Councilor
1x Silinde, Elf of Mirkwood
1x Ottar, Man of Laketown
1x Dwarven Bracers
1x Gimli's Battle Axe
1x Gimli's Helm
1x Asfaloth
1x Gwemegil
1x Glamdring
1x Aragorn's Bow
1x Armor
1x Flaming Brand
1x Ranger's Sword
1x Sting
1x Gandalf's Staff
1x Narya
2x Deep in Thought
2x Servant of the Secret Fire
2x Shoulder to Shoulder
1x The Last Alliance of Elves and Men
2x Trust Me as You Once Did

Shadow Draw Deck:
4x Goblin Runner
4x Goblin Scavengers
1x Goblin Scrabbler
1x Goblin Warrior
1x Guard Commander
4x Moria Scout
1x The Balrog, Flame of Udun
3x Orc Ambusher
2x Tower Assassin
1x Úlairë Enquëa, Lieutenant of Morgul
1x Úlairë Nertëa, Messenger of Dol Guldur
4x Goblin Scimitar
4x Host of Thousands
4x Goblin Armory
2x Goblin Swarms
1x Relics of Moria
2x They Are Coming

Feel free to try this for yourselves! It is by some way my favourite deck to use in Fellowship Block. And it wins a lot: here are a few replays:

https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Orophoin$7g4rh8nzu5zxi199

https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Orophoin$pzdvip2xs7gpzwx6

https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Orophoin$u9v0afxkab9qw29y

They may all be Shadow wins, but the FP did get a good show. I don't know why do many people double so much against Moria. If you don't have the right cards for it, it's lethal!

December 19, 2021, 12:09:25 PM
Reply #1

Tunadan

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
Re: A Viable Lady Undomiel deck!?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 12:09:25 PM »
Looks cool!

The first PC V-set has just been released, making her stronger and more viable. You should check the set out, it has quite a few cool cards.
He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.

December 19, 2021, 02:29:24 PM
Reply #2

Orophoin

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 02:29:24 PM »
Thanks!

On first inspection, I don't really think Lady Undomiel is really worth the bother in PC format. With Flaming Brand and Gilraen's Memorial, you've already got DoE to strength 8, so almost as good, and much better against Nazgul.  If using archery, you could also use Let Fly the Darts of Lindon to boost her with Library of Rivendell.  Plus, the nerf to Elrond really stings: I feel that allowing him to heal all the allies would still have been fine. The new Gimli would have been perfect if only he had the Gandalf Signet, though the interaction with Gandalf and the elven allies looks cool (Friend of the Shirefolk still seems to be the better Gandalf than the new one).

Moria Swarm gained a very useful site 4 (Guard Commander), but also gave fellowships a few useful tools against swarm such as every Gondor card (even the Aragorn pulls Rumil which is insane). Instead, I think an Underdeeps type Shadow is better, given the buff to Gimli, DoE and Three Rings for Elven Kings.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 02:36:08 PM by Orophoin »

December 19, 2021, 02:45:25 PM
Reply #3

Tunadan

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2021, 02:45:25 PM »
Sure, she may not be worthwhile, but is still fun. I used her just today: https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Tunadan$hs7mbct12j781q2r
Just a quirky card that got stronger.
He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.