LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Rings of Power: who is Sauron? Potential spoiler warning  (Read 1729 times)

October 02, 2022, 05:58:51 AM
Read 1729 times

Orophoin

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Rings of Power: who is Sauron? Potential spoiler warning
« on: October 02, 2022, 05:58:51 AM »
Quick straw poll for who you think Sauron is in the new Amazon series.  I've put up the options I (and the internet) think are most likely. Will detail my reasons in another post.

October 04, 2022, 03:28:25 AM
Reply #1

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
Re: Rings of Power: who is Sauron? Potential spoiler warning
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 03:28:25 AM »
Something's up with Halbrand, but I don't buy that he's Sauron.  Most of the supporting evidence for it is cute rather than actually well-founded, like the fact that he knows how to smith.  There's a good number of stories he'd be a much better fit for; I for one am rooting for him to be the Dead King, which would be a much better gut punch after sufficient buildup.

That said I don't have a *better* candidate.  Meteor Man is almost certainly a wizard (hopefully Blue rather than Grey), none of the Numenoreans really have an in.  My best guess is something to do with an offscreen Elf around Lindon (remember that one top-secret meeting that Elrond wasn't allowed into?  Smells like Plotting, and not just Gil-galad's).  Adar also isn't eliminated as an option, since, y'know, the dude could just be lying and/or assuming Adar's place.

Or maybe it's Poppy.  Did you know she put itching powder in that one lady's cream?  Diabolical.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.