LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Uruk Assault Band  (Read 440 times)

October 03, 2022, 04:02:53 PM
Read 440 times

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Uruk Assault Band
« on: October 03, 2022, 04:02:53 PM »
Has anyone ever tried to build around Uruk Assault Band in expanded?

Idea would be to bid to start at Mount Doom, have Ranger of Westernesse in the starting fellowship and go ham as early as possible with the assault band. I guess it could be paired with Ugly Fellow with his OG sword (love that card) and some uruk synergies and Gollum support.

The weakness would be Ithilien Blade and skirmish canceling (ring-bound hobbits), so that'd need to be answered. Against RB hobbits I usually like Mauhur, Relentless Hunter, and against IB... well... Final Strike and ships of Great Draught come to mind.

I doubt I'll have trouble with the shadow side but making a functional fellowship with Ranger of the Westernesse in its starting fellowship might be challanging if I also want to address the meta. Maybe just some generic IB thing with Captain of Ithilien and Madril in the starting fellow, I'm not a big of fan of Leader of Men + SFTF with a single companion to burn in expanded.

Either way I'll try to cook up something, as I feel Uruk Assault Band has a very strong potential.

October 03, 2022, 05:29:03 PM
Reply #1

Tunadan

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
Re: Uruk Assault Band
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 05:29:03 PM »
You could start Ranger of Westernesse, Gondorian Prowler 2x, and Madril DoO if you wanted. Would probably be better than doing LoM and him.

He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.