LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Player's Council Masterwork Continuations  (Read 1216 times)

October 09, 2022, 01:56:16 PM
Read 1216 times

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
Player's Council Masterwork Continuations
« on: October 09, 2022, 01:56:16 PM »
The Countdown Collection and Legends Masterworks series consisted of visually stunning alternate-template cards released by Decipher in an artistic reinterpretation of the look of each culture. Sometimes it was strictly creative, and in other cases it was a chance to explore an alternate aspect of the culture, such as how the Gondor culture went from Minas Tirith colors to Dúnedain colors.

Unfortunately, for one reason or another, Decipher never produced alternate Masterwork templates for many cultures, including Dunland, Gollum, Isengard, Raider, Sauron, or Shire.

The Player's Council is excited to announce that we will be taking steps to correct this oversight, beginning with the creation of an alternate Shire Masterwork template.

Further details here: https://blog.lotrtcgpc.net/2022/10/09/pc-masterwork-continuations/

Be on the lookout for one of this month's PC Weekend League prizes on Gemp using this template!

Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

October 28, 2022, 05:57:47 PM
Reply #1

treebeard26

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Re: Player's Council Masterwork Continuations
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 05:57:47 PM »
The door is an absolutely brilliant choice for the Shire culture, love it

I was never crazy about the alternate Gondor back in the day; the colors are similar but I think this Shire style is way better.

October 28, 2022, 10:01:52 PM
Reply #2

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 10:01:52 PM »
:D Thanks!

It wasn't mentioned in the posts above, but there were a total of 4 visual elements in the template taken straight from the movies.  treebeard26 here has identified one of them, the inside of the Bag End door which is used for the background.

Anyone want to take a stab at identifying the other three?
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

November 05, 2022, 08:01:46 PM
Reply #3

treebeard26

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2022, 08:01:46 PM »
Oh wow, well I think I see 2 more things, not sure about the third.