LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Request a deck thread!  (Read 5158 times)

December 18, 2008, 06:34:36 AM
Read 5158 times

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
Request a deck thread!
« on: December 18, 2008, 06:34:36 AM »
Elf lvr said something that got me to thinking, which was then complemented by a comment from NBarden, so this is the result! I won't write another article on budget decks, mainly because lately I've been more interested in teaching players instead of giving them decks to smash faces in their casual table. Why? Because as they learn, so will everyone on their play group, by talking to them, watching them play, etc.
Will I never write an article with a decklist in it again? I wouldn't go that far, I believe tournament reports are fun to read! However, although directed at MtG, I've been trying to write articles with useful insight for other card games as well, so an article on MtG Budget Decks would be kind of a waste of a lot of time -which I don't have a lot lately - and effort.
Thus, this is the natural consequence! Instead of me trying to blindly devise new, exciting decks, you can post here what deck would you like to see designed!
For starters, I'd like them to be limited to Extended/Standard formats, unless they are strictly for casual play.
So just psot what you want and the restrictions, and I'll try to work on it as best as I can!
For example, you could ask a BW aggro deck for Standard play that didn't pack any expensive rares, or any rares at all! You could ask for a deck that was able to play around X copies of Ambassador Laquatus if that's what you have available, etc. And, of course, you CAN ask for a cutthroat deck just as easily, if you are just too lazy to come up with one, or would like to see if a different approach emerges if someone else take to building it.
Sky's the limit guys, so, shoot away!

December 18, 2008, 08:05:54 AM
Reply #1

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
Re: Request a deck thread!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 08:05:54 AM »
Block decks also go, btw. As long as those blocks are ones that are legal in Extended or Standard, of course.

December 18, 2008, 09:18:29 AM
Reply #2

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 09:18:29 AM »
Ninjas from Kamigawa Block!

Never mind. How about extended Angelfire?
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

December 18, 2008, 09:22:00 AM
Reply #3

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 09:22:00 AM »
Will give it a go, yes. Thought process initiated! :D

December 22, 2008, 06:32:09 PM
Reply #4

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 06:32:09 PM »
Ok, I'm having some problems due to the possibilites in card pool and colors. Any directions you want me to take? Colors, for instance? Also, I assume you're talking about URW Angelfire, with Lightning Angel, but Angelfire first started with Firemane Angel, for instance.

December 22, 2008, 09:20:31 PM
Reply #5

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 09:20:31 PM »
Well...UWR typical angelfire, yeah.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like: