LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Mass E-mailing Campaign  (Read 361 times)

May 19, 2008, 11:47:49 AM
Read 361 times

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Mass E-mailing Campaign
« on: May 19, 2008, 11:47:49 AM »
Whew. Thanks to Kralik successfully pulling e-mail addresses from people's profiles in the CC database, I have just finished sending a MASS e-mail message to over a hundred former CCers. Most (if not all) of you probably recieved it, but more importantly, many of our lost members should have recieved it too. Here's the message in its entirety:

Greetings, all. I pulled your e-mail address from the code of www.cobracards.com. If you don't know what that site is, please just ignore this message. :)

If, however, you DO know what that site (or at least WAS), then by now you're surely noticed that our beloved Cobra Cards has closed up shop. I know the site has gone down for short periods in the past, but this time, sadly, is for good. Conor Brace (Cobra) is unable to resolve the issues--which apparently center around unexplained spikes in activity that overloaded his bandwidth--and has been forced to shut down the site completely.

However, there is good news in all this. Kralik, one of the former members of Cobra Cards and the creator of the awesome LOTR TCG database at http://www.lotrtcgwiki.com, has opened a new set of forums on his site that closely mirror the original CC forums, and many members have made the move over to this site. It's not exactly the Cobra Cards we all grew to know and love, but it's a good successor, and things are just as active there now as they ever were at CC; the full address is http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums. Kralik has even managed to secure the original CC database from Cobra himself and has restored CC as an archive...though he's still working out a few kinks.

If you're one of the members that has already made your way there, we're very happy you've done so! But if not, I warmly invite you to come by and say hello. Please! :) There are many that have not found the site due to the sudden nature of CC's demise, and we miss you! Please stop in and rejoin your fellow forumers. We want you there with us!

Hope to see you there...and soon. :)

Best regards,
J. Ryan Evans
AKA "Dáin Ironfoot"

The goal of this is obviously to get our "lost" CCers back. I tried to notify many of the more active members back when these forums first opened, but I'm sure we can all think of a couple folks off-hand that we know haven't made it yet. Hopefully this will get their attention and get 'em back here with us. Cross your fingers...here's hoping! ;)
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

May 19, 2008, 11:51:52 AM
Reply #1

Kralik

Re: Mass E-mailing Campaign
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 11:51:52 AM »
That's awesome, Dain! Kudos for all of your hard work. :D

May 19, 2008, 11:52:59 AM
Reply #2

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 11:52:59 AM »
Just doing my duty, boss. Let's hope it pays off and we see some old friends pop in soon. :popcorn:
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

May 19, 2008, 05:19:06 PM
Reply #3

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 05:19:06 PM »
Yeah, I kinda miss some people from CC :´(
Well, let's hope for the best, I think Dáin's e-mail was a really nice strategy!