LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Bilbo´s Damned Forest and Isengard Flood  (Read 16044 times)

January 14, 2009, 12:17:53 PM
Reply #15

daisukeman

• Information Offline
  • Troll
  • Evil Bilbo is always appropiate for this forum
Re: Bilbo´s Damned Forest and Isengard Flood
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 12:17:53 PM »
Hello everyone!
I'm a great fan of this game and years ago used to play tournaments here in Colombia (South America) with no more than 12 people. Back then we only played until mount doom came up. No new gameplay.
Sigh.. those times are gone now but i still game now and then a little with some friends here and with a friend in the US through lackey.
I've been reading your site posts and i've been wondering where are you from, or where do you play your lotr tournaments...

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that i'm right...

January 14, 2009, 12:29:26 PM
Reply #16

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 12:29:26 PM »
Maybe the mods can replace this somewhere more 'appropriate', but I will answer nonetheless. Hi! Welcome to the forums. We are from all around the world. Some of us met at another site, Cobracards, but since that was gone a new forum has been established and since last year: here we are. Some of us come from a small gaming community, just like yours. Some of us are fortunate enough to have enough players around to organise a small tournement, like the one in Amsterdam in just a few weeks. Other than that we play online, about which you can find plenty info in the Green Dragon Inn.
Again, welcome and hope to see a lot of you around here!
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

January 14, 2009, 02:15:04 PM
Reply #17

daisukeman

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 02:15:04 PM »
Thanks, I've been reading your posts and consider to know a lot about lotr tcg, so I will be glad to help out with deck suggestions and inquiries (doesn't mean I don't have my own questions too).
I sure remember Gil-Estel being right all the time in past discussions.
I don't feel like browsing the whole site to find the right topic now, but concerning Galadriel Lady Redeemed, she IS banned in expanded format.
I have a ruling document (pdf) saved released back in shadows where it was stated she was banned (whereas should be).

January 14, 2009, 02:22:27 PM
Reply #18

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 02:22:27 PM »
Wow...thanks for the credits, but I guess I'm not always right...I try to be, but there are others who are more 'informed' when it comes to rules and such. Hope you will be an active member, as we can use active members a lot, and especially when it comes to decks and reviewing them!
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

January 14, 2009, 03:56:57 PM
Reply #19

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 03:56:57 PM »
  Man, and i was thinking that someone had a great idea to solve my shadow deck problem...  #-o

Well, anyway... welcome to TLHH daisukeman! Hope you find some of your answers regarding lotr tcg here. Like you i´m south american (from Brazil) and play most movie block, nice to have more people from around who still play it. If you have cards to trade don´t forget to post at Esgaroth Marketplace  :up:

See ya!

January 16, 2009, 09:20:39 PM
Reply #20

Kralik

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 09:20:39 PM »
Movie Block is coming back! ;D Ringbearer and Manuel play it a lot as well.

January 22, 2009, 04:37:45 PM
Reply #21

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 04:37:45 PM »
On topic: greed needs an uruk hai IIRC, so that wont work with only orcs.

I would stongly suggest putting 4 Abandoning REason to madness in the deck. It cycles so well. MAybe add a few Orc Insurgent against rainbow fellowships.

January 22, 2009, 05:19:40 PM
Reply #22

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2009, 05:19:40 PM »

On topic: greed needs an uruk hai IIRC, so that wont work with only orcs.

I would stongly suggest putting 4 Abandoning REason to madness in the deck. It cycles so well. MAybe add a few Orc Insurgent against rainbow fellowships.

Yes RB, usually when people pack Greed in Isen Swarm deck they use cheap uruks like Uruk-hai Foot Soldier. But Greed is to vunerable to conditioon discard and cards like Albert Dreary, Entertainer From Bree. No fun if you find him in an ent deck  [-X

I tried abandoning Reason For Madness at my first build but it just seems doesn´t work. It´s only good to cicle extra cards at the first sites. After that i just will be likely to play most of the cards i draw and it can be one minion less when i most need it. Orc Insurget is nice, i can consider adding some, but i will have to see what i can take out to replace with it (if there is something).

Thanks for the comments!

January 23, 2009, 11:59:49 AM
Reply #23

daisukeman

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 11:59:49 AM »
Hey Pepin, try adding:
3 x Scaffolding ---check out it's a possesion and has no problem with Saruman's Power (1U136)

that way you can certainly have it your way with those orcs' habilities without worrying about them losing in skirmishes.
I see your deck will bomb the heck out of small fellowships and ones not so centered around strength; but then again my guess is you are gonna find yourself un-using a lot of twilight at some moment and against many decks that arm strongly enough to win and/or heal. Remember there's no regroup at site 9 which gives you some disadvantage.
It may be fine, since in that case you can always speed our ents and run.
It feels 4 x U Enquea are too much.

January 24, 2009, 06:20:14 AM
Reply #24

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2009, 06:20:14 AM »
   Thanks for the comments Daisuke!

I know that Enquea X4 is a little bit too much. But i will need him stiking the table often if i want to stop fellowship like ents, that just slaughther my shadows. I´m already considering some Scaffolding, but i fear that i would lost some of the swarm power if i add many copies of it.